You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2021-11-27] Bayern Munich vs Arminia Bielefeld

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:30 pm

Bayern Munich will win
100%
It will end in a draw
No votes
DSC Arminia Bielefeld will win
No votes

Total votes : 1

Re: [2021-11-27] Bayern Munich vs Arminia Bielefeld

Postby zozon » Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:42 pm

That felt like a Magath-era win :lol:
zozon
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Ottomeister87 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:04 pm

MUTU wrote:Sané showing once again his amateurish finishing.

I hope you dont mean the chance right at the start of the second half? Because if so, i want that pass to be played to you and see how you absolutely suck at finishing that with pressure from a defender and a goalie who makes the corner smaller :lol: :lol:

Anyway, i said it before, i dont care how, but i wanted a win and 3 points, no goal galore was needed for me. BUT Man, they missed a lot of chances again ( some due to Ortega who is an actually great goalie )

Gore was another fuck up today, glad he got his ass benched after 58 minutes or what it was. He was handing about misplaced balls to everyone.

Pavard i have to compliment today, for NOT being on his position, if he wouldnt have been there at that Klos shot to block it in the first 4 or 5 minutes, it would have been 1-0 for Arminia.

Defense looked solid with the counters Arminia had, nothing major conceded so that was a lot better compared to the last 2 games. Musi, Gnabry and Sule back ( and Stani is also welcome )

And again, they had SPACE over the flanks, especially Coman, but those weak ass crosses or passes are abysmal.. you want 20 mil a year? Gimme a break man.. But Davies didnt really do better on the other side. But he was the most dangerous man in the first half..

You could read in Lewa's face that he is really unhappy about how they play lately and some guys just stand around instead of press up the defense from Arminia.

Great goal by Sane, was really relieved by that one ( even if i cashed out my bet a bit before with 7 out of 8 at that point haha ) Tolisso is a really solid passer, especially the harder ones, between people etc. Has a great eye.

Now give them tomorrow and monday rest ( except the quarantine guys to get in shape again ) and full steam ahead to a victory over BVB. Which i still very highly believe in ( even if Toto is not allowing me to make my big deposit on their betting site :S )
Ottomeister87
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby CiriacoS » Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:42 pm

Our biggest problem today was that Arminia actually pressed us pretty well in posession and we were very poor in breaking their press. Tolisso worked a lot today but he is no Thiago and he cant do it all by himself. Goretzka was once again a disaster and finally he got the bench he deserves at the beginning of the second half.

We missed Kimmich a lot today. We lack pressing resistent players in midfield. Thats why Musiala was subbed. He is able to take the ball, resist initial pressure and break opponents lines. Pavard is also a huge liability. He is so uncomfortable with the ball that he is pressed the second he gets the ball. That is why we are easily shut down the right side and that is why Coman has to go against 2-3 defenders all the time.

Apart from that we had a decent game. Our CBs were solid today once again. Starting to build some momentum even in such ordinary games. They start to play more routinely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CiriacoS
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:07 am

Alexander wrote:
bastos80 wrote:I take the clean sheet over 5 goals scored, which certain people would've talked down anyways, any day.

If I remember correct winning 1-0 is the mark of champions like Chelsea, Real etc. Atleast according to our angriest supporter.
Against Bielefeld? You surely don’t remember well…
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby sherpthederp » Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:26 am

MUTU wrote:
Alexander wrote:Three points in the bag. Let us step up against Dortmund

And 0 shots on goal conceded.

Still not sure how they could have .7xG without registering a shot on target. That doesn’t exactly make sense to me
sherpthederp
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Ed. » Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:31 am

#12 wrote:Against Bielefeld? You surely don’t remember well…

Yes, let's not get carried away. It's a good start to defensive solidity and I'd much prefer a 1-0 over 3-1 but the opposition is a club that had the second poorest BL goals scored tally heading into the game and now has the worst.

Suffice to say, that literally and empirically it will not get more easier than this for the defence this season, since they are out of the Pokal.

Chances missed, that happens but the more worrying aspect is the midfield as some have already pointed out. Tolliso may actually be a much better partner for Kimmich or the coach has to come up with a system where Goretzka is not receiving passes under pressure and turning the ball around consistently or is not making more than 20 yard passes.

Goretzka can head, he can shoot and he can tackle at WC levels, Everything else, he's about average. That's pretty clear now without Kimmich.
I think Gore would be awesome in a 3 man midfield but we don't play that way.

The less time he's asked to be called upon his "average" skillset in this system, the better.
Juilan has to somehow find a way.
Last edited by Ed. on Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ed.
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby bmguy » Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:32 am

#12 wrote:Dortmund is going to tear us a new one…

Like Ajax did to them? So you meant we're a lot worse than Ajax, that makes me worried about what's waiting next in the 2nd ground of CL as all of the sudden we look too mediocre.
bmguy
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Vietnam

Postby Alexander » Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:56 am

One thing that really frustrates me is the crossing from Coman and Davies. Sometimes they have so much time only to put the ball at the first defender or too long.
Alexander
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:08 am

sherpthederp wrote:
MUTU wrote:
Alexander wrote:Three points in the bag. Let us step up against Dortmund

And 0 shots on goal conceded.

Still not sure how they could have .7xG without registering a shot on target. That doesn’t exactly make sense to me

xG is measured on shots taken, irrespective of whether or not they were on target.
MUTU
Site Admin & Euro 2016, 2017/18, World Cup 2018 and Euro 2020 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & Euro 2016, 2017/18, World Cup 2018 and Euro 2020 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:27 pm

bmguy wrote:
#12 wrote:Dortmund is going to tear us a new one…

Like Ajax did to them? So you meant we're a lot worse than Ajax, that makes me worried about what's waiting next in the 2nd ground of CL as all of the sudden we look too mediocre.
You know, for being the guy who apparently gets called out for this kind of "comparison" by a lot of users here, I sure read a lot of them…

Ajax here, Ajax there… They won at Wolfsburg, a team both in quality and form twice as good as Augsburg and Bielefeld and combined we got a great 2-2 out of these matches against the two top of the world teams… You‘re right, we should really talk about Ajax, where they were screwed in one game and the other was still much better than our recent display at non-CL, non-EL team Borussia Mönchengladbach…
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:38 pm

Borussia Dortmund lost THREE out of their last 5 matches (Sporting CP, Ajax and Leipzig, where they statistically dominated). Bayern lost 1 (despite dominating statistically, i.e. were unlucky). How do you determine that they are in better form?!?!
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Alexander » Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:42 pm

MUTU wrote:Borussia Dortmund lost THREE out of their last 5 matches. Bayern lost 1. How do you determine that they are in better form?!?!

We have a lot of work to do and Dortmund are dangerous but with a good performance we can win. Usually we rise to the occasion and hopefully also this time.
Alexander
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:47 pm

MUTU wrote:Borussia Dortmund lost THREE out of their last 5 matches (Sporting CP, Ajax and Leipzig, where they statistically dominated). Bayern lost 1 (despite dominating statistically, i.e. were unlucky). How do you determine that they are in better form?!?!

Sporting CP 3-1 BVB (6-5 shots on target, Sporting CP had more)
RB Leipzig 2-1 BVB (6-3 shots on target, RB Leizpig had more)
BVB 1-3 Ajax (4-5 shots on target, Ajax had more)

Augsburg 2-1 Bayern (3-4 shots on target, Bayern had more)

See the difference?
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:47 pm

MUTU wrote:Borussia Dortmund lost THREE out of their last 5 matches (Sporting CP, Ajax and Leipzig, where they statistically dominated). Bayern lost 1 (despite dominating statistically, i.e. were unlucky). How do you determine that they are in better form?!?!
We lost three of our last nine and NONE of the teams were as good as those three up there…
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:48 pm

MUTU wrote:

Sporting CP 3-1 BVB (6-5 shots on target, Sporting CP had more)
RB Leipzig 2-1 BVB (6-3 shots on target, RB Leizpig had more)
BVB 1-3 Ajax (4-5 shots on target, Ajax had more)

Augsburg 2-1 Bayern (3-4 shots on target, Bayern had more)

See the difference?
They played TWO of these games with 10 players, see the difference?
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga