You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2008-11-01] Bayern Munich vs Arminia Bielefeld

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:50 am

Bayern Munich will win
83%
It will end in a draw
17%
Arminia Bielefeld will win
No votes

Total votes : 12

[2008-11-01] Bayern Munich vs Arminia Bielefeld

Postby MrLinky » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:28 pm

After making it 3 in a row we have to go on and continue our good form against struggling Bielefeld , who will probably be yet another opponent who will concentrate on the defense like so many other teams that come to the Allianz-Arena.I think we can also expect some rotation from our trainer since we have the important CL clash against Fiorentina in mid-week.

Current standings:

1.1899 Hoffenheim , 22 points , +12
2.Bayer Leverkusen , 21 points , +13
3.Hamburger SV , 20 points , +2
4.Bayern Munchen , 19 points , +6
15.Arminia Bielefeld , 8 points , -6

Statistics:

From the 16 home games against Arminia we won 13 , drew 2 and lost just one , with 38 goals scored by Bayern and 15 by Bielefeld.

Recent form:

FC Bayern:
Karlsruhe (A) , 1-0
Fiorentina (H) , 3-0
Wolfsburg (H) , 4-2
Frankfurt (A) , 2-1

Arminia Bielfeld:
Wolfsburg (A) , 1-4
Schalke (A) , 0-0
Cottbus (H) , 1-1

Injured players:

Bayern:Philipp Lahm , Hamit Altintop , Willy Sagnol and Luca Toni who might just be fit and make his comeback in this match.

Arminia Bielefeld:Rowen Fernandez (GK) , Oliver Kirch (RM) , Leonidas Kampantais (ST) and these a players are a big doubt but might just get fit for this match : Daniel Halfar , Michael Lamey.
Last edited by MUTU on Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Edited the post to follow our standard - http://www.bayernforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1839#p21382
MrLinky
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: [2008-11-01]FC Bayern Munchen vs Arminia Bielefeld

Postby MrLinky » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:32 pm

@ Mutu , guess you have to edit it and add a poll , had no idea how to do it. :? :P
MrLinky
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: [2008-11-01] Bayern Munich vs Arminia Bielefeld

Postby MUTU » Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:54 am

Done :)

Thanks for starting the thread. I edited the subject a bit and added the poll.

How to create a poll:
When posting a new topic or editing the first post of a topic, click the “Poll creation” tab below the main posting form; if you cannot see this, you do not have appropriate permissions to create polls. Enter a title and at least two options in the appropriate fields, making sure each option is on a separate line in the textarea. You can also set the number of options users may select during voting under “Options per user”, a time limit in days for the poll (0 for infinite duration) and lastly the option to allow users to amend their votes.

Back to the topic at hand, our players may or may not be excused for having one eye on the Fiorentina encounter whereas the Bielefeld players are eagerly awaiting this match. I don't think it will be that easy, but I'd love to be proven wrong. My prediction is for either a narrow Bayern win or a draw.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:05 am

MrLinky wrote:Luca Toni who might just be fit and make his comeback in this match

Luca Toni will again be missing when Bayern entertain Arminia Bielefeld in the Bundesliga on Saturday afternoon. "The bruising's gone, his breathing is fine again, and he's basically fit enough to train as normal, but Bielefeld is just a little early for him to be playing," FCB boss Jürgen Klinsmann reported on Thursday.

I suspect he may at least be on the bench.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MrLinky » Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:22 am

At least he'll be back against Fiorentina which is a more important match anyway , I think we'll be fine without him against Bielefeld and I dont expect many surprises to be honest , as far as the match is concerned , but I think we can expect some surprises in the formation , DVB might get a chance in the starting XI and I'm optimistic we'll get to see Kroos in the starting line-up , Schweini needs a rest anyway.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby shwas55 » Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:18 am

we cant underestimate them,and the players shouldnt be thinking about Fio's match just yet. we need the win to keep the momentum going and keep getting closer to the top of the table, we cant afford to lose more points to Bayer Leverkusen, Hoffenheim, and HSV. This is a must win match for us because its one of the "easy games" and we cant afford to drop it, so klinsi shouldnt go crazy with the rotations, having said that Breno should get a start to give lucio a rest, and maybe kroos should get a start or come as an early second half replacement.
shwas55
I post all the time

Postby MrLinky » Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:53 am

Its not about underestimating them , its clear that you have to rest a 34 year old sometime during the season , and players like Lucio or Schweini cant play every single match for their respective national teams and Bayern over 90 minutes , if you want them to keep up the good performances , you have to give them a rest , and if you dont do it against Bielefeld when you have an important CL match and the BL clash away against Schalke coming up when are you gonna do it ? I never said crazy rotating , I just think a chance should be given to Breno/DVB and Kroos/Sosa/Ottl , and maybe subsitute out the likes of Klose or Ze at some early point of the second half if things are going really well.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby shwas55 » Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:38 pm

MrLinky wrote:Its not about underestimating them , its clear that you have to rest a 34 year old sometime during the season , and players like Lucio or Schweini cant play every single match for their respective national teams and Bayern over 90 minutes , if you want them to keep up the good performances , you have to give them a rest , and if you dont do it against Bielefeld when you have an important CL match and the BL clash away against Schalke coming up when are you gonna do it ? I never said crazy rotating , I just think a chance should be given to Breno/DVB and Kroos/Sosa/Ottl , and maybe subsitute out the likes of Klose or Ze at some early point of the second half if things are going really well.

Please dont say Sosa i think he has been one of our worst players this season.

I know the players need to be rotated but we cant have 4-5 changes in one match, remember the match against Hannover klinsi made 4 changes and we lost , we lose or draw this one and all the good work from the last couple of matches gets undone, and we drop back to 7th or 8th position and 6 or 7 points behind the top (depending on Hoffenheim)
shwas55
I post all the time

Postby MrLinky » Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:26 pm

You got me wrong , by putting this mark - / - between the player's names I implicated rotating one of them in , basically Breno or DVB , Sosa , Kroos or Ottl , not all of them.The situation is still very fragile and we have a long way to go to last season's solid form , so I dont think rotating more than 2-3 players would be wise either , but we should still be able to beat them with a couple of changes , espacially at home , again this has nothing to do with underestimating them , its just the realistic evaluation of the strength of the 2 squads.
But we'll all be smarter after the match anyway , maybe Klinsi will decide not to rotate at all , or maybe he'll make even more changes to the starting line-up.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby MrLinky » Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:36 pm

A surprise line-up by Klinsmann with 3 OM and Podolski on the bench:
Rensing - Ze , Micho , Lucio , Lell - Ottl , MVB - Ribery , Borowski , Schweini - Klose.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby walter » Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:02 pm

I' m pretty sure this means Poldi leving in the winter market...
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby shwas55 » Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:26 pm

what was demi thinking with that tackle???? he was very late #-o
shwas55
I post all the time

Postby shwas55 » Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:27 pm

What an important win, the last 30 mins we were great.

Poldi had a good match(second half) a goal and an assist, and it felt like he belonged he really tried to get involved, that should put some confidence in him, and he will get the chance to back it up now that toni has been ruled out from the fiorentina match.

Ribery got better in the second half and created alot of chances.

Klose well he is proving why he is one of the best strikers in the world scored a goal was involved in the second, hit the woodwork forced a great save from their keeper penetrated their defense on couple of occasions with beautiful runs (especially the one from the right when he dribbled through couple of defenders).
He might not be the most gifted striker in the world but without a doubt when he is form he is the most lethal. =D> =D> =D>

only 2 bad points from this match:
1)our off ball movement wasnt great especially in the first half on more than one occasion we had 3 sometimes 4 players within couple of meters of each other.
2) lots of long ball.

All in all a great win and a good performance by the team, we are really starting to get our act together we are not there yet but we are moving in the right direction
shwas55
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:00 pm

I'm just so excited about one thing, that I don't even care about anything else in the match...

Kroos is the world's best corner taker, ever.

Bring players who have good heading, play for corners, and victory is virtually guaranteed.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MrLinky » Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:31 pm

20:0 corners
35:2 shots son goal
72% : 28% possesion of the ball
Just some facts that show our superiority in this match , Bielefeld were lucky , they could have gone home with 5 or 6 conceded goals in the package.I'm pleased to finally see Poldi fired up and running like crazy , he can stay at Bayern motivated like that. :P
I dont know whats wrong with Micho at the moment , seems very insecure , caused 2 own goals and 2 penalties already at this early stage of the season , but he's that good he'll be the old Micho in no time.Finally I gotta say something about Bielefeld , its legitimate to play defensively but since when does playing football mean standing in the own box with 8 players , they wouldnt have scored a goal if they'd been playing 2 days at the Allianz-Arena if it wouldnt be for that totally unnecessary tackle by Micho but fortunately they werent rewarded for that destructive way of playing football. :)
MrLinky
I post all the time

Next

Return to Bundesliga