You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2021-01-03] Bayern Munich vs 1. FSV Mainz 05

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:00 pm

Bayern Munich will win
100%
It will end in a draw
No votes
1. FSV Mainz 05 will win
No votes

Total votes : 3

Re: [2021-01-03] Bayern Munich vs 1. FSV Mainz 05

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:18 pm

#12 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Lahmies wrote:- Sell Tolisso and get someone else.

Tolisso is not bad but he is the most inconsistent player we've had in some time.

I still have 100% faith in Roca and believe he will have a long career here.
Well... Any idea why no Spanish club wanted him?

Who knows... but let's not forget Thiago left Spain because of a clause in his contract about not playing enough.

There's no denying Roca's start has been far from desirable but I think it is a matter of time. Let's wait until next season.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:18 pm

Lahmies wrote:All jokes aside, this game (or the first half, anyway) raised some major red flags (like, for the 8th time. there's a pattern here).
IMO, I believe we need to:

- Stop starting Boateng and Alaba at CB.
- Start Lucas and Süle at CB.
- Let Boateng and Alaba go.
- Get 2 new CBs, Upamecano + someone else. (Or just one if they plan to give Mai a chance after his loan spell at Darmstadt, which seems to be going well. Richards could also be given more minutes.)
- Buy a new STARTER QUALITY RB. Pavard should become the backup.
- Get rid of Sarr. I don't care how. Loan him, sell him, end his contract, idc.
- Sell Tolisso and get someone else.
I agree on all bar the pt about Pavard.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Alexander » Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:19 pm

In my opinion our best alternative as rb is Pavard. Kimmich has to play in midfield.
Alexander
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby Lahmies » Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:20 pm

I used to rate Pavard, but he's been shit for a while now. I think we need to move on. And Kimmich-Goretzka is our best midfield, so yeah, I would keep Kimmich there and sign someone good for RB.
Lahmies
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:27 pm

Lahmies wrote:
#12 wrote:
Lahmies wrote:All jokes aside, this game (or the first half, anyway) raised some major red flags (like, for the 8th time. there's a pattern here).
IMO, I believe we need to:

- Stop starting Boateng and Alaba at CB.
- Start Lucas and Süle at CB.
- Let Boateng and Alaba go.
- Get 2 new CBs, Upamecano + someone else. (Or just one if they plan to give Mai a chance after his loan spell at Darmstadt, which seems to be going well. Richards could also be given more minutes.)
- Buy a new STARTER QUALITY RB. Pavard should become the backup.
- Get rid of Sarr. I don't care how. Loan him, sell him, end his contract, idc.
- Sell Tolisso and get someone else.
I agree, but it won’t happen...

Which part? I think getting Upa isn't unfeasible, considering Alaba is definitely leaving and Boateng is probably not getting a renewal. Tolisso is on his last chance to impress this season, so we might sell him, but I doubt a better option will be signed. I admit the starter quality RB is a long shot... We're probably stuck with Sarr.
They’re already preparing the next cheaping out come summer... Rummenigge said last week that transfers couldn’t be made like before, both him and Dreesen followed by how Bayern will feel the pandemic SO MUCH worse 2021 and how we have to be even more careful... I think every transfer over 30m is not happening this year...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:27 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
#12 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:[quote="Lahmies"]- Sell Tolisso and get someone else.

Tolisso is not bad but he is the most inconsistent player we've had in some time.

I still have 100% faith in Roca and believe he will have a long career here.
Well... Any idea why no Spanish club wanted him?

Who knows... but let's not forget Thiago left Spain because of a clause in his contract about not playing enough.

There's no denying Roca's start has been far from desirable but I think it is a matter of time. Let's wait until next season.[/quote]Well, I think cause he’s just not that good...
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby aaaaaa » Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:38 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
German-American wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:Just think for a second... We got what, 25mn for Thiago? And spend almost all of that on Sarr???

We could have kept Thiago another season and keep Kimmich at RB and lose like 5mn euros...

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk

hate to think of it.
I respect Thiago wanting to have a new challenge, he had done so much for the team and left on great terms with the team. I think a central defender would have been more fruitful for the team, or perhaps not even buying anyone....25 Mill for Sarr is disgusting!
Sarr really is puzzling. I still can't understand why they brought him in...

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk

Flick liked him
aaaaaa
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Pittbay » Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:41 pm

Lahmies wrote:I used to rate Pavard, but he's been shit for a while now. I think we need to move on. And Kimmich-Goretzka is our best midfield, so yeah, I would keep Kimmich there and sign someone good for RB.

Right back is a problem for sure. It was striking that when Kimmich came in, instantly you got the overlaps and dribbles that made the difference.
Pittbay
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Lahmies » Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:48 pm

#12 wrote:They’re already preparing the next cheaping out come summer... Rummenigge said last week that transfers couldn’t be made like before, both him and Dreesen followed by how Bayern will feel the pandemic SO MUCH worse 2021 and how we have to be even more careful... I think every transfer over 30m is not happening this year...

I think if we make ONE transfer over 30m it will be Upamecano. He is a must. Would probably be our only (good) transfer though :?
Lahmies
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:09 pm

Lahmies wrote:
#12 wrote:They’re already preparing the next cheaping out come summer... Rummenigge said last week that transfers couldn’t be made like before, both him and Dreesen followed by how Bayern will feel the pandemic SO MUCH worse 2021 and how we have to be even more careful... I think every transfer over 30m is not happening this year...

I think if we make ONE transfer over 30m it will be Upamecano. He is a must. Would probably be our only (good) transfer though :?
Exactly... Being misers might cost us shaping an era...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Achilles » Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:08 pm

What a game, what (another) comeback!
Kimmich is vital for this squad. He reminds me the 2011-13 Schweinsteiger effect in the team's performance unfortunately we were heavily affected then and now with Joshua too.

Sane simply has enormous class. Definitely a winger who can define this era in his position. He just has the talent and balls to produce magic and carry a team. Maybe he is lacking the mentality of the team spirit and high work rate which Flick demands but surely he is one of a kind winger.

We're playing with the two CBs who won't be here next season and are in a really bad form... That's on Hansi!
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby longeleven » Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:31 am

I don't know why people here so hard on Pavard. The boy already proved he can played at highest level last year.
You won't sell someone that good when they drop their form. There's so many reasons for that.

Agree on get rid of Alaba and Boateng but Tolisso is another story. He is not at Kimmich, Goretzka level ofc but every team need backup players. Same for Sarr or Douglas Costa and Choupo Mouting.

We won't win titles by these kind players but we do need them. Sell Tolisso and get another one, like who? with his quality and willing to be benched with that amount of money?
longeleven
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:35 am

longeleven wrote:I don't know why people here so hard on Pavard.

I think it's clear why. In a strongest XI, he's probably our least-great player, thus he's the new punching bag / scapegoat.

We've been spoilt by great RBs in Babbel, Sagnol, Lahm and Kimmich. Unfortunately, Pavard is closer to an Oddo than a Lahm.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby longeleven » Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:44 am

MUTU wrote:

I think it's clear why. In a strongest XI, he's probably our least-great player, thus he's the new punching bag / scapegoat.

We've been spoilt by great RBs in Babbel, Sagnol, Lahm and Kimmich. Unfortunately, Pavard is closer to an Oddo than a Lahm.

Criticizing or bashing is ok for me in the case but selling that good lad because some poor games...after a non-stop season with full match 50+ games.
He is human not a robot.

In term of strongest XI, I think Boateng is weaker point, and that make some impact on his performance as well.
Poor Boateng can't cover his fault making him even weaker than he really is.
longeleven
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:57 am

longeleven wrote:
MUTU wrote:

Criticizing or bashing is ok for me in the case but selling that good lad because some poor games...after a non-stop season with full match 50+ games.
He is human not a robot.

In term of strongest XI, I think Boateng is weaker point, and that make some impact on his performance as well.
Poor Boateng can't cover his fault making him even weaker than he really is.

Selling would only make sense if and only if we can get someone stronger than him as a replacement, which I find quite challenging.

In terms of the strongest XI, I don't think Boateng should be near it. In my strongest XI, the backline is composed of Davies, Lucas, Suele, Pavard.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga