You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2009-02-21] Bayern Munich VS 1. FC Köln

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

Who will be the winner of Bayern Munich VS 1. FC Köln?

Poll ended at Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:47 am

Bayern Munich
93%
1. FC Köln
7%
A Draw
No votes

Total votes : 14

[2009-02-21] Bayern Munich VS 1. FC Köln

Postby shwas55 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:04 am

A must win match for us. We are fourth at the moment 2 points behind Hertha, all the teams ahead of us have very tough away games
Bayer - HSV
Stuttgart VS Hoffenheim
Wolfsburg VS Hertha

So far this season we have wasted 3-4 chances to go top, lets hope this time we take the opportunity to make up some grounds.

Toni is a major doubt for this match, as he is still struggling with injury. Oddo's suspension is over so he might make his come back.

Poldi is back in the squad after a long absence (since Nov 5th), and according to Klinsi he will be a part of the match against his (old/future) team, wether he will get to start or just used as a sub will be determined on the match day
“If Lukas continues to train as well as he has done in recent days, he has a really good chance of finally being part of it again against Köln,“ FCB coach Jürgen Klinsmann announced on Monday.

Lets hope we can fire upfront and hold at the back and get a good win to put our sprits up before the C.L match.
shwas55
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: [2009-02-21] Bayern Munich VS 1. FC Köln

Postby reiniksrobis » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:18 pm

WE MUST WIN AND WE WILL DO IT! That is our only target, I believe. Win would be just in time before CL! BĀĀĀYYYYEEEEERNNNNN Forever!

Ribery are king of football.
reiniksrobis
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:22 pm

Poldi to make an own goal? :lol:

We haven't played well lately, and it's our last match before the Champions League match against Sporting, so I really hope we get the ball rolling!
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBinNYC » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:24 pm

Nothing to say that we don't already know. Let's hope there's some dropped points from the teams above us, we're hanging with them but I don't want this to turn into a battle to qualify for the CL next year. Not to mention Lisbon next week...it's time to step it up.

I'm also looking forward to the Ruhr derby tomorrow, should be a cracker!
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MrLinky » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:18 pm

FCBinNYC wrote:I'm also looking forward to the Ruhr derby tomorrow, should be a cracker!

I'm just curious to see how many players are gonna be left on the pitch , not having received a red card after the final whistle of the referee. :P

As for our match , I think its gonna be the ordinary "mediocre BL team coming to Munchen trying to collect a point with 8 players + GK in the box" type of match.Let's hope for some nice goals , the first clean-sheet at the Allianz-Arena and the teams ahead of us in the table dropping some points.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Tomas » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:51 am

Clean sheet? What are those?! :shock: ](*,) I guess we can pray for one! [-o<
Tomas
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby shwas55 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:55 am

MrLinky wrote:
As for our match , I think its gonna be the ordinary "mediocre BL team coming to Munchen trying to collect a point with 8 players + GK in the box" type of match.Let's hope for some nice goals , the first clean-sheet at the Allianz-Arena and the teams ahead of us in the table dropping some points.

The reason why this match is really worrying me is the fact that teams have found a way to beat us or at the least to get a point out of us, wether Köln have the players to put the plan into action is to be seen.

We lost to HSV, BVB nearly got a point out of us (at home), and Hertha beat us.... this clearly shows that teams have cracked our code.

Without a doubt the 3 points are the most important thing to get out of this match, however a game strategy tweak will have to be a close second.

The empty spaces between our midfield and defense have to be filled, all teams have to do against us to score is intercept a pass in the middle and with one pass they convert it to a dangerous counter attack. This has to be fixed and quickly, either by defending higher up the field or instructing MVB to stay abit deeper.
shwas55
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby shwas55 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:52 am

Klose got a knock during training on Wednesday . Looks like Klose and Toni are struggling for fitness, however Klinsi is confident that both will recover in time for the Saturday match.
shwas55
I post all the time

Postby FCBinNYC » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:21 pm

As of now, the word is Klose in and Toni out. Hopefully Luca is back for Wednesday.
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MrLinky » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:26 pm

Maybe this match might turn out to be Donovan's last big chance to convince everybody of his qualities , unless the board have already made the definite decision not to buy him.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby Tomas » Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:39 pm

MrLinky wrote:Maybe this match might turn out to be Donovan's last big chance to convince everybody of his qualities , unless the board have already made the definite decision not to buy him.

Do you really see LD staying here after we took on Olic and Müller? In my opinion, he's gone. All he can do is leave on a good note and hope some mid table Euro club, beit Bundesliga, Ligue 1, Eredivision or even La Liga starts looking at him. Otherwise I think he will be stuck in the MLS until his career is finished. Regardless, I think our money needs to be spent on a quality RB and perhaps some more lessons for Lell. Perhaps put a bunch of money in a large bag and beat him with it?! :shock:
Tomas
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MrLinky » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:16 pm

Tomas wrote:Do you really see LD staying here after we took on Olic and Müller?

No , not really.But , who knows what will happen if the board havent completely made up their mind about him and he turns out to become the match-winner tomorrow (he'll get his chance , Luca is definitely missing) , if he scores an important goal away against Sporting in the CL as a joker being substituted in and continues peforming well.

A lot of "if's" in there , its highly unlikely , but there have certainly been stranger transfers made in the long history of this club. :)
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby BayernRtheBest » Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:30 am

Well I am sure that tommorow will be an automatic three points, were playing at home against Koln, so i am hoping i will be watching what would be an onslaught.
BayernRtheBest

Postby shwas55 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:47 am

Toni is certain to miss this match, Klinsi said its too risky and he wants to recover for the C.L. Klose is expected to play.
shwas55
I post all the time

Postby walter » Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:19 am

what a goal by Kuranyi today!!! a clear contender for goal of the season...
walter
I post all the time

National Flag:
Venezuela
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Next

Return to Bundesliga