You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2007-09-29] Bayer Leverkusen vs FC Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What do you think will happen in this big match?

Poll ended at Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:15 pm

Leverkusen will win
No votes
Draw
10%
Bayern will win
90%

Total votes : 10

[2007-09-29] Bayer Leverkusen vs FC Bayern Munich

Postby FC Bajern » Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:15 pm

Matchday 8 and Bayern is playing away to Leverkusen. They are second behind us with 14 points and have the one of the strongest defense in Bundesliga, conceded only 3 goals (same as Bayern)

Stadium: BayArena, Leverkusen
Date: 29-09-2007 15:30

Image vs Image
FC Bajern

Postby FCBinNYC » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:27 pm

I haven't seen Leverkusen play yet this season, but Bayern's on a roll now, and in the past couple seasons the team has always come away from the BayArena with 3 points. I don't see that changing this weekend. I don't think it'll be a masterclass like the last two games, especially since Hitzfeld will probably continue rotating a little bit with the UEFA Cup second leg in mind. Because of that, I wouldn't mind seeing what Schlaudraff can do, but then again Toni and Klose are so irresistable right now! We shall see...
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FC Bajern » Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:36 pm

Probable line-ups:

Bayer Leverkusen: Adler - Castro, Friedrich, Haggui, Sarpei - Vidal, Rolfes - Kießling, Barbarez, Barnetta - Gekas

Bayern Munich: Kahn - Lell, Lucio, Demichelis, Jansen - Altintop, Van Bommel, Zé Roberto, Ribéry - Klose, Toni
Also in matchday squad: Rensing, Van Buyten, Ottl, Schweinsteiger, Schlaudraff, Podolski

Referee: Knut Kircher (Rottenburg)
FC Bajern

Postby SNAKE » Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:41 pm

There was a change in the line up

Michael Rensing will replace Oliver Kahn for this match.
SNAKE
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MaCk0y » Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:31 pm

FT Score: Bayer Leverkusen 0-1 Bayern Munchen

Scorer: Toni 40'

Klose scored also but the linesman didn't see the ball behind line. Klose hit the crossbar, the ball went in about 50cm, went back up and hit the crossbar and finally reached the goalkeeper nicely into his hands.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:41 pm

Great game! Bayern deserved the win :)

Another plea for goalline technology... [-o<
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Malta

Postby andresdonado15 » Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:08 pm

JEJEJE.............Finally rensing got his chance..and he did very well..it shows everyone that he is the correct kahns successor.....
andresdonado15
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FC Bajern » Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:11 pm

I missed the first half, but I was able to watch Toni's goal.
so what happened to Klose why wasn't he playing in the second half?
FC Bajern

Postby MaCk0y » Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:50 pm

I think he injured his knee (a clash of knee against knee) and he got out the worst.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Postby FC Bajern » Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:04 pm

FC Bajern

Postby FC Bajern » Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:14 pm

FC Bajern

Postby podolski4life » Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:05 pm

Anyone know how long Klose will be out?
"Tactics? What tactics?" - Mark van Bommel to Felix Magath after being accused of lack of effort and tactical discipline.
podolski4life
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby tracylynn » Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:47 pm

podolski4life wrote:Anyone know how long Klose will be out?

I'll answer your question, Podolski4life. I don't believe that his injury is serious. I think he was taken out of the game after his knee collided with Kiesling (spelling?) and the treatment that he received on the sideline did not make it feel better. So, I think Hitzfeld took him out as a precaution. Klose did not mention anything about being injured during his press conference. Of course, this all can change as the week progresses, but this is what I saw and heard.
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby tracylynn » Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:21 am

Here you go, Podolski4life, an update on Klose and Kahn...both are rated doubtful for the upcoming game in Lisbon. Klose has pain in his knee and Kahn in his elbow. This just could ba just talk to make folks think they are out or they really could be out.
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby podolski4life » Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:44 am

Thanks tracylynn. It sucks that Klose might be hurt again and that the injury bug still hasn't left the team.

Excellent setup for Toni's goal. I love the commentator's reaction. "I tell you, Batman and Robin have nothing on Miroslav Klose and Luca Toni!"
"Tactics? What tactics?" - Mark van Bommel to Felix Magath after being accused of lack of effort and tactical discipline.
podolski4life
I'm a chatterbox!

Next

Return to Bundesliga