You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2021-10-17] Bayer Leverkusen vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:30 pm

Bayer 04 Leverkusen will win
No votes
It will end in a draw
No votes
Bayern Munich will win
100%

Total votes : 5

Re: [2021-10-17] Bayer Leverkusen vs Bayern Munich

Postby Ed. » Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:01 am

America USA wrote:Where is Ed.? The guy who was telling us how crap Bayern are not too long ago?

Preeesent... :wink:
Did I say they were crap? Why is it always black or white with some of you folks?

I said and still maintain there is room for improvement in defence. Nagelsman and the team have worked out several patterns, modes and options in attack but we still concede every game at the back. The goal against Leverkusen was excusable though. Everyone was rightly in third gear by that time.

It was a brilliant first half, No leverkusen player ever got the ball without atleast 2 Bayern players close at hand.
Sane has really done a complete U turn but needs to start becoming ruthless in front of goal now. That's the next step for him and hopefully it can happen this season.
Ed.
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby bastos80 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:10 am

Ed. wrote:
America USA wrote:Where is Ed.? The guy who was telling us how crap Bayern are not too long ago?

Nagelsman and the team have worked out several patterns, modes and options in attack but we still concede every game at the back.

That's just completely wrong. So far we've conceded 0.75 goals per game in all competitions. The goals against Fürth, Leipzig and Leverkusen, 2/3 which are top teams, also fell when the game was already decided. There was an off-day against Köln, and against Frankfurt, but they also were extremely clinical. It happens.
---------------Lewandowski
------------Sané - Müller - Gnabry
------------Goretzka - Kimmich
Davies - Hernández - Upamecano - Süle
--------------------Neuer
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Ed. » Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:41 pm

bastos80 wrote:That's just completely wrong. So far we've conceded 0.75 goals per game in all competitions

I was talking of the BL but fair enough if you want to include the 2 CL games.

bastos80 wrote:There was an off-day against Köln, and against Frankfurt, but they also were extremely clinical. It happens.

That's where I disagree. Have a look at I think 4 of the 8 goals conceded. Extremely sloppy defensive play involved (Sule missing his header in one. Dayot slow to track back in another). Yes, some opponents will create unstoppable chances and score, that's unavoidable. What is avoidable is an incorrect defensive action which leads to a goal.

There will be further bad days in front of goal (Frankfurt) and we will coming up against much more defensively solid teams (CL). The attack won't score 2+ goals every game.
What can be in our control is being watertight at the back.
Ed.
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby bastos80 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:06 pm

Ed. wrote:
bastos80 wrote:That's just completely wrong. So far we've conceded 0.75 goals per game in all competitions

I was talking of the BL but fair enough if you want to include the 2 CL games.

bastos80 wrote:There was an off-day against Köln, and against Frankfurt, but they also were extremely clinical. It happens.

That's where I disagree. Have a look at I think 4 of the 8 goals conceded. Extremely sloppy defensive play involved (Sule missing his header in one. Dayot slow to track back in another). Yes, some opponents will create unstoppable chances and score, that's unavoidable. What is avoidable is an incorrect defensive action which leads to a goal.

There will be further bad days in front of goal (Frankfurt) and we will coming up against much more defensively solid teams (CL). The attack won't score 2+ goals every game.
What can be in our control is being watertight at the back.

The system works, and as I said, off-days happen. Frankfurt was bad because Upamecano was too hesitant multiple times. Those are individual errors, that hopefully fix itself with more experience + more rhythm. But the system works well so far.
---------------Lewandowski
------------Sané - Müller - Gnabry
------------Goretzka - Kimmich
Davies - Hernández - Upamecano - Süle
--------------------Neuer
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:29 pm

I already said this a few weeks ago, but no other team plays at the speed that we do.

I don't really care if we drop points vs Frankfurt or any other team. We are on the right path for long term success

Our first half vs Leverkusen was one of the best performances I've seen in a very long time and not only from Bayern but from any other team in Europe. No other team plays like that. Some might play fast counter attacks here and there but no other team can dictate the tempo of the game and play that fast. It reminds be a little bit of Klopp's 12/13 Dortmund and their supersonic combinational play

And I agree that Leverkusen playing very offensive was the main reason for such a ridiculous score. But we played like that vs Eintracht 2 weeks ago. We were just overconfident and a little bit unlucky.

I don't really care that much about the scores in BL because no other team can beat us in 34 match days.
- Hansi Legend Flick -
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Fénix » Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:00 pm

@Xabi, we can play whatever we want to and that's the best about FC Bayern in football world. All other clubs can't. =P~ =P~

But playing attacking football, vertical with high tempo and pressing but also counter attacks whenever we want to. That even Klopp doesn't play nor Tuchel and certainly not Spain NT and Guardiola(slow tempo with millions of passes). Only Flick and Nagelsmann so far - at Bayern. 8)

As much as the transfer policy is causing us stomachache, headaches, stress and diarrhea, the same we can say that our playing style and football cancel it. :lol:

When Bundesliga becomes once again what it was between 2010 and 2014, then we'll talk about results, important matches and dropped points and defeats. Until then, it's just us being complacent, very spoiled and perfectionists. :wink:
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby MUTU » Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:14 pm

MUTU wrote:I would like to reveal that I had a 'bet' with #12 who has now sent me 2 euros to buy a beer due to Bayern winning this match

I will buy the beer and post the photo of it in this thread

Prost! Donated by #12
IMG_20211023_171311.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Previous

Return to Bundesliga