You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2021/22 Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

Re: 2021/22 Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:44 pm

MUTU wrote:World class has always been super elite for kicker though. They probably only consider some 5 players worldwide as being world class.
Do you think there are 5 players in the world better than Müller at AM? Or better than either Kimmich or Gotetzka at MF?
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:30 pm

Mist be a mistake cause Sané clearly is as I learned recently…
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:50 am

sherpthederp wrote:
MUTU wrote:World class has always been super elite for kicker though. They probably only consider some 5 players worldwide as being world class.

Even so, I don’t anyone can seriously name 5 better attacking midfielders ahead of Müller right now

I didn't mean 5 players in the world for every position, but like 5 players in total.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:51 am

PunkCapitalist wrote:
Do you think there are 5 players in the world better than Müller at AM? Or better than either Kimmich or Gotetzka at MF?

Do you think the best 5 players in the world are all attacking midfielders? ;)
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby PunkCapitalist » Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:07 am

MUTU wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:

Do you think the best 5 players in the world are all attacking midfielders? ;)
I'm guessing it's 4-5 per position, otherwise the whole category makes no sense. There are obviously more than 5 world class players in football.
PunkCapitalist

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:57 am

PunkCapitalist wrote:There are obviously more than 5 world class players in football.

I doubt it's much more than that for Kicker, that's why I'm telling you. It's super difficult to get classified as world class by them because they don't use the term as loosely as we do. It's not about them being against Bayern or something of the sort: it's about them having a different definition. They will probably mark Lewandowski as world class and that's it.

PS: they classify 19 central defenders but Upamecano is not one of them :oops:

Can't see tweet? Click here!
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Ottomeister87 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:48 am

Hernandez national class? #-o I guess they didnt see what he did vs PSG alone ( ofcourse you dont base a ranking of one game )
Ottomeister87
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby sherpthederp » Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:25 pm

MUTU wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:There are obviously more than 5 world class players in football.

I doubt it's much more than that for Kicker, that's why I'm telling you. It's super difficult to get classified as world class by them because they don't use the term as loosely as we do. It's not about them being against Bayern or something of the sort: it's about them having a different definition. They will probably mark Lewandowski as world class and that's it.

So far they haven’t listed a single Bundesliga player as world class. Not very good marketing lol
sherpthederp
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby PunkCapitalist » Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:04 pm

MUTU wrote:

Isn't their list BuLi only? Saying that there are only 5 WC players in football is leaving the term without much use.
PunkCapitalist

Postby Ben Gardner » Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:14 pm

With less than a month to go before 21/22 season starts I guess this season will be just the same as the last nine seasons, Bayern being dominate whilst the other teams fighting for the crumbs left behind. I think it would be ridiculous to speculate otherwise and Bayern can count in their tenth successive title next May. It hurts to say but I can't think of any other outcome as the gap between Bayern and the rest is just to big at the time. A different outcome might happen, and only than, if everything that can go wrong for Bayern actually goes wrong, and absolutely everything that can go right for a other team actually goes right. But I doubt even that will be enough. It's a shame and sad that no other team 3-4 years ago realized what was about to happen if Bayern were to be left alone in the ball park. Sadly, no one took this serious or lacked the commitment to put up a fight and not letting Bayern win ten titles in a row. But at the same time whilst I'm whining, I wouldn't take anything away from Bayern, winning nine successive titles, with the tenth around the corner, is impressive, very impressive.
Ben Gardner
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Sweden

Postby Ottomeister87 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:33 pm

Well blame BVB for their pussy behavior. Guys like Reus who talk about the Meisterschaft, but act like little sad and afraid bitches when it actually comes to face Bayern.

They generated 100's of millions from transfers last couple of years but dont do jack shit with it. Instead of building a team, they just shine up talent for others.
Ottomeister87
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:43 pm

MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Previous

Return to Bundesliga