You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2021/22 Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

Re: 2021/22 Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Postby #12 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:40 pm

Well, he said something along the lines of "I still stand by my team, we all didn’tdo well"

Can’t clearly recollect it but it sounded apologetic…
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Ottomeister87 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:06 pm

Well he started the PK with talking about the spaces they had in the first half, and how bad they used it, with a lot of backpasses. Followed up by the conceded goals against BMG, Freiburg, CL vs Benfica and they are the same way as the Augsburg ones.

-Bad usage of space
-Almost no chances created
-Wings were dead almost all game
-Kimmich stuff cannot be an excuse
-Sabitzer can and knows he should do better
-Lack of motivation in defense, where others are hoping a teammate will do the work
-Intensity after losing the ball needs to be higher, or else shit like today happened

Just watched the entire thing again and you could feel that he was pissed. But he said indeed, not only the team, everyone could and should have done better.
Ottomeister87
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:07 pm

Ottomeister87 wrote:Well he started the PK with talking about the spaces they had in the first half, and how bad they used it, with a lot of backpasses. Followed up by the conceded goals against BMG, Freiburg, CL vs Benfica and they are the same way as the Augsburg ones.

-Bad usage of space
-Almost no chances created
-Wings were dead almost all game
-Kimmich stuff cannot be an excuse
-Sabitzer can and knows he should do better
-Lack of motivation in defense, where others are hoping a teammate will do the work
-Intensity after losing the ball needs to be higher, or else shit like today happened

Just watched the entire thing again and you could feel that he was pissed. But he said indeed, not only the team, everyone could and should have done better.
Only heard that one part really so yeah, HOPE it’s out of context!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:40 am

Fénix wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:Flick won the sextuple, but people weren't happy because he played suicidal tactics and we conceded too many goals. We just needed ANY other coach who wouldn't play Alaba and Boateng as CBs and problem solved

No, no and no. We just needed to keep him at Bayern, get rid of these 2 as we did, so he would have led Bayern without them and sign RB, someone like Perišić who he wanted as the 4th winger and one new strong CM after Thiago decided to leave us. Who was unhappy with Flick, he wouldn't even appreciate Heynckes and Hitzfeld in the last 5 years at Bayern.

This season would have been for him to correct his defensive holes. Don't forget @Xabi one thing, his defensive record after Kovač left Bayern was outstanding. :wink: We are talking about less than 2 full seasons in charge, not 4 seasons.

I know, I'm just sharing the general consensus. Not my personal opinion

Flick is by far my favourite coach :)
- Hansi Legend Flick -
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby PunkCapitalist » Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:05 am

YlonenXabi wrote:
Fénix wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:Flick won the sextuple, but people weren't happy because he played suicidal tactics and we conceded too many goals. We just needed ANY other coach who wouldn't play Alaba and Boateng as CBs and problem solved

No, no and no. We just needed to keep him at Bayern, get rid of these 2 as we did, so he would have led Bayern without them and sign RB, someone like Perišić who he wanted as the 4th winger and one new strong CM after Thiago decided to leave us. Who was unhappy with Flick, he wouldn't even appreciate Heynckes and Hitzfeld in the last 5 years at Bayern.

This season would have been for him to correct his defensive holes. Don't forget @Xabi one thing, his defensive record after Kovač left Bayern was outstanding. :wink: We are talking about less than 2 full seasons in charge, not 4 seasons.

No, you're not stating any consensus. You're playing strawman like you always do. No one wanted Flick raus. We only wanted to give him some electroshock so he wouldn't keep playing Alaba.
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:52 am

I said people weren't happy, not that they wanted him gone. And BTW, there were many users that wanted him gone too.

But my point is that when judging our coach we need to consider what are other alternatives.
- Hansi Legend Flick -
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby #12 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:37 pm

Also, we‘re not really better without Alaba…
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby PunkCapitalist » Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:49 pm

#12 wrote:Also, we‘re not really better without Alaba…
We were at least until 3 matches ago. People tend to forget that Flicks defensive record last season was the worst in decades...
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Fénix » Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:59 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:
Fénix wrote:

Mine too.

Flick wasn't appreciated enough. Too bad, but it's over with him. Only lasted 2 years at Bayern like his mentor in the past.

We'll see how long will Nagelsmann last and 5 year contract, that is a very long time.
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby #12 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:04 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
#12 wrote:Also, we‘re not really better without Alaba…
We were at least until 3 matches ago. People tend to forget that Flicks defensive record last season was the worst in decades...
We never ever conceded five goals with Flick - and against an insanely inferior team in a knockout…

Granted, Kiel was not much better, but IIRC Alaba didn’t play there either…

We gad a honeymoon phase… Remains to be seen if we ever get even close to that level in the rest of the season again…
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Ottomeister87 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:14 pm

I dont look at it the doomsday way you do, but the lack of creativity/lackluster performance here and there has to be spoken about in a very direct way within the team/staff. Football is not only the fun side where everything you want happens, its the tough games you have to work in, even if it means a draw from time to time. Still better as an embarrassing and uninspired loss.

I mean we are still leaders in the league, the others are mostly to dumb to use our flatfacers. We are already into the next round of the CL. Only the cup shit you cant fix again.
Ottomeister87
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:28 am

Ottomeister87 wrote:I dont look at it the doomsday way you do, but the lack of creativity/lackluster performance here and there has to be spoken about in a very direct way within the team/staff. Football is not only the fun side where everything you want happens, its the tough games you have to work in, even if it means a draw from time to time. Still better as an embarrassing and uninspired loss.

I mean we are still leaders in the league, the others are mostly to dumb to use our flatfacers. We are already into the next round of the CL. Only the cup shit you cant fix again.
Well, sure, but I don’t think worrying after two shitshows of this magnitudein such close succession is "doomsday" attitude… I know I tend to overdramatize losses… But this IS worrying…
If we WERE to win at Dortmund and make it 4 again, sure, I‘ll agree… Only I lack the fantasy to imagine that…
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Ottomeister87 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:54 pm

Nah its more like leading the buli table nonetheless, dominated the whole CL group so far and some act like we are 39 points behind BVB haha..

But i totally agree with the fact that the actual shit shows they displayed happened pretty quickly behind each other and it was not like it was Liverpool, it was Augsburg.. And they had no answer at all. I actually expect nothing at all tonight either at Kyiv, a draw at max tbh.

Bielefeld game is more important now anyway.
Ottomeister87
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:08 pm

Dortmund down to the Eur League is not good news for us
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:49 am

ramsej84 wrote:Dortmund down to the Eur League is not good news for us
Why not? They’ll likely be playing in Europe for longer + games are closer to the weekend.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga