You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2021/22 Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

Re: 2021/22 Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Postby Ottomeister87 » Sun Nov 07, 2021 1:49 pm

Ben Gardner wrote:
Ottomeister87 wrote:The thing is like i said, no Haaland no party. Yes they can win some tricky games without him, but the longer he aint there, the more trouble BVB is gonna get. And there you can see where its all wrong. Meunier with his experience is no leader, Witsel aint, Reus never will be with his mimimi attitude and all in all, the BVB of the last 9/10 years is mentality wise nowhere near of the BVB's from the 2000 till the almost relegated days.

They are fine to be there and develop, but dont have indentity with the club since they know they wont be there that long. Without Haaland i dont see them beat BMG, Leverkusen, Wolfsburg, Freiburg either..

I can definitely see us winning against these teams as much as I can see us losing against them with or without Haaland, but having Haaland on the pitch gives us a little more edge so to speak. When it comes to Bayern, it definitely doesn't matter if he's on the pitch or somewhere else, the outcome will be the same either way. As you say, Dortmund are probably fine where they are at the moment, otherwise, they are doing a pretty bad job.

Thats where your and my opinion differ. Tbh, without Haaland, BVB is just a midtable team in my eyes. They have that big ass luck that Haaland is blasting them all in all the time. If they had to finish the rest of the year without him, they would be happy to stay in the top 10 even in the league.. They just dont have the mentality, they dont have the chance to swish out the defensive fuck ups without him. They had 1 shot on goal and 2 shots on own goal yesterday.. i think that tells you enough. They can have a decent or good game once in a while, but like i said, that team lacks a clear leader, someone who steps up now, not even Hummels is capable of doing so.. Him and Reus are telling the same bullshit after every bad match for years now and as soon as the next game is won they act as everything is fine again like what happened after the Ajax and then Bielefeld of all teams games. Those smaller clubs, lower on the tables, are gonna give them really hard times and those are the games you need to win to even get into the CL.

#12 wrote:But they already played most of them

Aah yeah, was just looking at their shedule and saw most of them come up, but now i see some of them are after the winter break like Leverkusen, BMG, Frankfurt and Freiburg hehe.. But i am going to make a bet, they wont win at Wolfsburg, they wont beat Bayern and they take a draw, max at Bochum and Hertha. The Furth game should be a sure thing though.

And it shouldnt be looked as arrogance from a Bayern fan now, but its just how i see BVB without Haaland. They have no back up for him like we have in Choupo. And if you manage to set Reus in front of a wall, where he cant be useful in a game. Thats it..

But like this, even Bochum will be hell for them.
Ottomeister87
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Sun Nov 07, 2021 4:10 pm

Ottomeister87 wrote:
Ben Gardner wrote:
Ottomeister87 wrote:The thing is like i said, no Haaland no party. Yes they can win some tricky games without him, but the longer he aint there, the more trouble BVB is gonna get. And there you can see where its all wrong. Meunier with his experience is no leader, Witsel aint, Reus never will be with his mimimi attitude and all in all, the BVB of the last 9/10 years is mentality wise nowhere near of the BVB's from the 2000 till the almost relegated days.

They are fine to be there and develop, but dont have indentity with the club since they know they wont be there that long. Without Haaland i dont see them beat BMG, Leverkusen, Wolfsburg, Freiburg either..

I can definitely see us winning against these teams as much as I can see us losing against them with or without Haaland, but having Haaland on the pitch gives us a little more edge so to speak. When it comes to Bayern, it definitely doesn't matter if he's on the pitch or somewhere else, the outcome will be the same either way. As you say, Dortmund are probably fine where they are at the moment, otherwise, they are doing a pretty bad job.

Thats where your and my opinion differ. Tbh, without Haaland, BVB is just a midtable team in my eyes. They have that big ass luck that Haaland is blasting them all in all the time. If they had to finish the rest of the year without him, they would be happy to stay in the top 10 even in the league.. They just dont have the mentality, they dont have the chance to swish out the defensive fuck ups without him. They had 1 shot on goal and 2 shots on own goal yesterday.. i think that tells you enough. They can have a decent or good game once in a while, but like i said, that team lacks a clear leader, someone who steps up now, not even Hummels is capable of doing so.. Him and Reus are telling the same bullshit after every bad match for years now and as soon as the next game is won they act as everything is fine again like what happened after the Ajax and then Bielefeld of all teams games. Those smaller clubs, lower on the tables, are gonna give them really hard times and those are the games you need to win to even get into the CL.

#12 wrote:But they already played most of them

Aah yeah, was just looking at their shedule and saw most of them come up, but now i see some of them are after the winter break like Leverkusen, BMG, Frankfurt and Freiburg hehe.. But i am going to make a bet, they wont win at Wolfsburg, they wont beat Bayern and they take a draw, max at Bochum and Hertha. The Furth game should be a sure thing though.

And it shouldnt be looked as arrogance from a Bayern fan now, but its just how i see BVB without Haaland. They have no back up for him like we have in Choupo. And if you manage to set Reus in front of a wall, where he cant be useful in a game. Thats it..

But like this, even Bochum will be hell for them.
I don’t think EMCM is really that much better than their subs

But I agree with most of the rest, but Bochum? Come on, they‘ll win at Bochum?!
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby YlonenXabi » Sun Nov 07, 2021 4:56 pm

Ben Gardner wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:They even put 4 past Atletico de Madrid in CL :!: :!: :!: :!:

Yes we did, but we also got raped by Bayern who put 5 in our a**e in april that season. We were also f****d by Tottenham that CL campaign. Results like that can't just be ignored and probably lay a foundation that Favre had difficulties to handle.

Thats why I specified and said in the first half of the season.

BVB 18/19 first half of the season

CL: Group leaders beating Atletico 4-0, Monaco and Brugge

Bundesliga: Leaders with a 6 point difference over the 2nd placed team, with only one defeat and having already beaten Bayern 3-2

DFB Pokal: Qualified for Last 16 round

And you guys were playing an amazing fast tempo counter attacking football =P~

But the team fell apart in 2019 and I don't follow BVB close enough to know the reasons. What I know is that Dortmund haven't reached that level again
- Hansi Legend Flick -
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Ben Gardner » Sun Nov 07, 2021 6:49 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:
Ben Gardner wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:They even put 4 past Atletico de Madrid in CL :!: :!: :!: :!:

Yes we did, but we also got raped by Bayern who put 5 in our a**e in april that season. We were also f****d by Tottenham that CL campaign. Results like that can't just be ignored and probably lay a foundation that Favre had difficulties to handle.

Thats why I specified and said in the first half of the season.

Yes, I understand that, and I agree 100%. We did play some astonishing football, Reus was back at his 13-14 form where he actually was one of the best players in the world, Witsel came in from China and roamed the midfield, Alcacer came in from Spain and had the habit of scoring more or less everytime he was subbed in, Sancho, an English schoolboy who turned out to be one hell of a player. Our first defeat of the season came against Düsseldorf in december, and even when the season restarted in January we won our first two games (Leipzig and Hannover). Then things started to go wrong, very wrong, about the same time Bayern started to rumble. We couldn't get back on the track, or stear the ship safe to haven. We collapsed.

During the first five six month I believe we overperformed, why I don't know, but everything that could go right went just right. We were like a maraton runner who kicks off leaving everyone else behind, but eventually were caught up and had to pay for it, big time. We were back where we used to be, massacred by you and also by Tottenham in last 8 meeting. And I think it was there things started to go business as usual again. Finish second, once Bayern had surpassed us they sailed the ship safe and sound, just keeping and eye on us so we didn't came up with anything spectacular, but that was not to happen.

Ok! Next season we thought that Bayern could be challenged, for good reason in my opinion, we had a team to build on, we brought in Hummels, Schulz, Hazard and Brandt. The last three came from good seasons in each club, and in Hummels we knew what we got. But it didn't take long before we were behind, established ourselves as the second team but never were a threat to Bayern. Favre couldn't just build on what he kicked of at when he started to coach us in 2018. Wether Favre lost the dressing room or not I can't tell, but it was frustrated to see us unable to join in for the race with you. Some of you probably disagree but I think that would have been good for BuLi, to have two teams chasing each other, a mistake or a defeat could be fatal. Well this has been discussed before, Dortmund is not just up for it, wether it is lack of ambition, incompetence, financial issues I don't know, It's just the way it is and probably will be for a long time.
Ben Gardner
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Sweden

Postby YlonenXabi » Sun Nov 07, 2021 6:59 pm

Ben Gardner wrote:Some of you probably disagree but I think that would have been good for BuLi, to have two teams chasing each other, a mistake or a defeat could be fatal

It would make BL more entertaining, but unless Dortmund stop selling their best players every summer then nothing will change.

THAT would actually be very good for BL. And then if others like RB Leipzig could follow suit that would skyrocket the competitiveness of the league =P~
- Hansi Legend Flick -
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Ottomeister87 » Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:21 pm

#12 wrote:I don’t think EMCM is really that much better than their subs

But I agree with most of the rest, but Bochum? Come on, they‘ll win at Bochum?!

Yeah but they have none like that as we do with Choupo. Malen is not an actual striker tbh.

And dont forget, its still a revierderby, a small one but still ;)
Ottomeister87
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:30 pm

I mean, sure, it probably won’t be a 0-4, but I expect them to win… But we‘ll see
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Ottomeister87 » Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:47 pm

The expectation and reality in Dortmund is pretty far off :P
Ottomeister87
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:56 pm

MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Ottomeister87 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:59 pm

So it seems NRW in Germany is already implementing 2g to be able to go to football matches from here on out since the color on the coronamap turned to red/dark red. Soder from Bayern was also talking about that already, which would mean you can only go to Bayern matches with 2g from now on.

Seems more and more will follow, else risking complete ban of all fans.
Ottomeister87
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:49 pm

What is 2g?

P.S so sad that we are back at it
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:58 pm

ramsej84 wrote:What is 2g?

GPRS :)
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Ottomeister87 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:45 pm

Its only vaccinated or cured from covid people allowed. So a negative test wont get you entrance anymore.

EDIT: Since this is already implemented for hotels and restaurants. Gnabry, Kimmich, Musiala and Choupo, cant visit the team in the team hotel on friday before the match.
Ottomeister87
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby PunkCapitalist » Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:16 pm

Ottomeister87 wrote:

Its only vaccinated or cured from covid people allowed. So a negative test wont get you entrance anymore.

EDIT: Since this is already implemented for hotels and restaurants. Gnabry, Kimmich, Musiala and Choupo, cant visit the team in the team hotel on friday before the match.
Lol.
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Ben Gardner » Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:11 am

Bayern was polite enough last night to send out an invitation to other "top" teams to join the party, let's see if Dortmund and others has what it takes to accept this invitation.
Ben Gardner
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Sweden

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga