You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2021/22 Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

Re: 2021/22 Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Postby #12 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:31 pm

Leaders of the table
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:40 pm

Bundesliga over :coffee:
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:43 pm

MUTU wrote:Bundesliga over :coffee:
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:46 pm

Erm, no
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:18 pm

Yes it is. Not because of what the table currently says, but rather because there simply is no competition. It's pros vs highschool amateurs.
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Ben Gardner » Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:08 am

MUTU wrote:Bundesliga over :coffee:
PunkCapitalist wrote:Yes it is. Not because of what the table currently says, but rather because there simply is no competition. It's pros vs highschool amateurs.

You are absolutely right, It was over before it even started. Even if the table looks very tight we all know who will finish top of it.
It's a completely different story below Bayern, Wolfsburg has, despite dropping points yesterday, started of well. Same goes for Dortmund who won another goals galore yesterday against UB. This time they were more or less in control the whole time. But we could see glimpses of traditional Dortmund weakness from set pieces. Not sure if Leipzig will recover from their bad start of the season, Nearly ten points seperating them from Wolfsburg and Dortmund, but we know that both these teams will have their failures during the season. Leverkusen is always up there, making it difficault (or easy) for the opponent. So, regarding spots 2-4, it's difficault to say who in the end will occupy them.
Ben Gardner
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Sweden

Postby #12 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:03 am

Erm, no
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:40 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:Yes it is. Not because of what the table currently says, but rather because there simply is no competition. It's pros vs highschool amateurs.

Same could be said about PSG and they f*cked up last season

And there is no RB Leipzig / Borussia Dortmund in Ligue 1
- Hansi Legend Flick -
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Ben Gardner » Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:07 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:

Same could be said about PSG and they f*cked up last season

And there is no RB Leipzig / Borussia Dortmund in Ligue 1

The differance in France is when PSG f**k up, they are punished by teams who lurks around waiting for the f**k ups to occur. In Germany, sadly, there are no such teams who can punish Bayern or at least put some pressure on Bayern.
Ben Gardner
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Sweden

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:54 pm

Bayer are the ones playing the nicest football imo.
I see them better than both BVB and VFL
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby aterford » Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:02 pm

I won't call it over yet, but it's already looking like it's more or less ours to lose.

Looking at the start of the season you'd probably think that two of our most difficult fixtures would be Leipzig away and Gladbach away. We took four points from those of course, and we're now top of the table with what should have been two of our toughest fixtures behind us. And later in the Hinrunde we'll have BVB away and Leverkusen away. If we get a good result in both those it should in theory be smooth sailing for the Rückrunde. Naturally I don't expect us to utterly steamroll everyone and I'm sure there will be some slipups, but if you had to pick our top-5 most difficult fixtures for the season, we'll probably have at least 4/5 of them in the Hinrunde (Frankfurt, Wolfsburg away in Rückrunde) and have already got a good result in 2/5 of those.

For context right now 538 puts us at 79% chance to win the league - followed by Dortmund (13%), Leipzig (3%), Wolfsburg (3%), and Leverkusen (1%).
That's more or less right in line with where we were last season. After 5 matches played, we were in second place with 12 points, right behind Leipzig with 13. Our goal differential last year was +14 at this time; this year it is +16. And at that time, 538 had us at about the same odds - 80% to win, followed by Dortmund (9%), Leipzig (8%), and Leverkusen (1%).
God Bless Thomas Müller
aterford

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby America USA » Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:48 pm

If we get four points from Leverkusen/Dortmund away then it would once again be a more than decent showing at two difficult away BL fixtures for Bayern.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby PunkCapitalist » Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:07 pm

We didn't lose the league when we had one of the most incompetent coaches in football. We're now way stronger, both tactically and personnel-wise. In the meantime, RBL is no longer even the shadow of what it once was and BVB hasn't improved much either. No way we lose the league in the next 3 years.
PunkCapitalist

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby YlonenXabi » Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:26 am

Well I do think BVB are better now than in 18/19. And you never know in football. Lewy or Neuer might get injured and we might drop points here and there

Even last season at some poing we had RB Lepzig breathing on our neck and we had to face them away from home without Lewy, Gnabry, etc
- Hansi Legend Flick -
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Ottomeister87 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:05 am

And we still won that game by a Gore goal.. Anyway, i think for us in Buli to have injured players is less problematic compared to BVB atleast. If their D players get injured or Reus/Haaland.. its pretty much over.
Ottomeister87
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga