You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2020/21 Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

Re: 2020/21 Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun May 09, 2021 6:08 pm

A potential 10th title would be a magnificent and unparalleled achievement no matter what but let’s not get ahead of ourselves yet.

Even with the financial advantage over our competitors it takes great skill to maintain that level for a decade, especially considering we ourselves have to hold off bigger money from abroad. Even Celtic, with literally their only competitor in decades relegated for a few years, did not manage to make it 10 in a row. Granted that 10 in a row would be a bigger achievement in the EPL or La Liga at this point in time, but let’s not undervalue that potential achievement.

After all, even with all the true things #12 brought up, we did need quite a bit of luck along the way to manage this too, especially during the Kovac and Ancelotti years.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Sun May 09, 2021 6:42 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:A potential 10th title would be a magnificent and unparalleled achievement no matter what but let’s not get ahead of ourselves yet.

Even with the financial advantage over our competitors it takes great skill to maintain that level for a decade, especially considering we ourselves have to hold off bigger money from abroad. Even Celtic, with literally their only competitor in decades relegated for a few years, did not manage to make it 10 in a row. Granted that 10 in a row would be a bigger achievement in the EPL or La Liga at this point in time, but let’s not undervalue that potential achievement.

After all, even with all the true things #12 brought up, we did need quite a bit of luck along the way to manage this too, especially during the Kovac and Ancelotti years.
Which arguably, however, was self inflicted, by appointing deadweight

But sure, 10 has never been done in a better league than let’s say bottom 10%, not trying to take anything away...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Ben Gardner » Sun May 09, 2021 7:01 pm

Right here and right now, I don't see anything stopping you from winning the tenth in a row next season. Why teams like Dortmund or Leipzig suddenly should change that I just don't see happening. Farmers league or whatever you wanna call it, it's never the less a great achievement to win nine in a row. Just as the same it's a great achievement for Lewandowski to score 40 plus goals in that farmers league. All I can hope for is that if you are gonna win the tenth one, I hope you will have to fight for it more than you had to fight for the last nine. Not just being in control from January onwards and not being punished for big mistakes, but fight real hard, fight til the bitter end. That is what I want to see, and it's up to the other teams to put up for that fight. A scenario I don't see happening though.
Ben Gardner
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Sweden

Postby Fénix » Sun May 09, 2021 7:06 pm

Now that has never been up to us but you folks from rest of Germany. :wink: We do our work, you should do it, too.

Developing center Dortmund must cease to exist and you need to find your way how to reestablish yourselves as a big club in the eyes of players like before 2002, primarily German nationals who would serve, slave and support you and remain loyal. Without that, you will see our dust that is left behind, even from others in Germany which is happening right now.

How are you going to execute that, I have no damn idea.
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby Ben Gardner » Sun May 09, 2021 7:53 pm

Fénix wrote:How are you going to execute that, I have no damn idea.

Probably by selling Haaland and Sancho to start with....then we gonna bring in some youngsters no one has never heard of.

Seriously, I have no idea. All I can hope for is that next year when we enter May it's still an open race which can go either way. But I doubt that.
Ben Gardner
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Sweden

Postby ramsej84 » Sun May 09, 2021 7:58 pm

Ben Gardner wrote:

Probably by selling Haaland and Sancho to start with....then we gonna bring in some youngsters no one has never heard of.

Seriously, I have no idea. All I can hope for is that next year when we enter May it's still an open race which can go either way. But I doubt that.
Dortmund will replace Haaland with Llama Thuram ... and start to give more games to Moukoko.
Maybe they get the Leeds keeper or Scezney... And that Georgian winger
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Sun May 09, 2021 8:24 pm

Ben Gardner wrote:

You can't do that by selling your very best players but keeping them instead and that's the whole story for the last 7-8 years.

I was very excited about the Bundesliga future 8-9 years ago after you won 2 titles in row and played fantastic 2013/2014, but the loss of all best players in 4 straight seasons and that one dimensional Gegenpressing in 2014/2015 resulted with a failure long term.

You basically were building your ID and reputation of a top club and future champion of Germany and Europe, in the end players betrayed you despite Tuchel instantly recovered you and moved you to positional football in less than 4-5 months.

It's still way easier for Bayern to survive losses of Thaigo and Alaba unlike you when once you lose your vital players, you have to start over and further upgrade is simply impossible.
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby Ottomeister87 » Mon May 10, 2021 3:55 pm

#12 wrote:
Ottomeister87 wrote:And 1-1.. so Frankfurt doesnt have it in their own hands anymore. But Mainz has to play bvb next week at home. Not a guaranteed dortmund win yet.
Still hoping for Dortmund... Increasing our -very slim- chances of getting Haaland

Why should it increase our chances for Haaland if BVB makes the CL? Wouldnt it be the other way around?
Ottomeister87
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Mon May 10, 2021 6:48 pm

Ottomeister87 wrote:
#12 wrote:
Ottomeister87 wrote:And 1-1.. so Frankfurt doesnt have it in their own hands anymore. But Mainz has to play bvb next week at home. Not a guaranteed dortmund win yet.
Still hoping for Dortmund... Increasing our -very slim- chances of getting Haaland

Why should it increase our chances for Haaland if BVB makes the CL? Wouldnt it be the other way around?
Nope... Cause we‘re not getting him this year 100%... CL is an incentive to stay... If he stays, however, we‘re not getting him next year 99.9 %
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Ben Gardner » Mon May 10, 2021 6:55 pm

Ottomeister87 wrote:
#12 wrote:

Haaland's release clause kicks in 2022, if Dortmund qualifies for CL he is more likely to stay in Dortmund. If they not qualify, he might leave Germany after this season, which means he is definitively out of reach for Bayern 2022.
Ben Gardner
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Sweden

Postby DRvad14 » Thu May 13, 2021 4:42 am

DRvad14
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby DRvad14 » Sat May 15, 2021 5:05 am

Can't see tweet? Click here!

Report: KKR, Bridgepoint and CVC make Bundesliga private equity investment shortlist
Deal could value German soccer’s overseas broadcast rights at €2bn.
Bundesliga clubs voting on plans on 19th May, with deal set to conclude in July
25% stake in overseas rights could reportedly bring in €500m
The German Football League (DFL), which oversees the top tiers of club soccer nationally, has drawn up its shortlist of private equity funds to buy a 25 per cent stake in its international broadcast rights business, according to Reuters.

The wire service reports that the KKR, Bridgepoint and CVC private equity firms have all advanced to the second round of an auction that could value the Bundesliga’s overseas broadcast rights at €2 billion (US$2.42 billion).

Bundesliga revenue down 5.4% for Covid-hit 2019/20 season
The German clubs will meet on 19th May to vote on the plans, with a two-thirds majority needed to move to the final phase. According to the report, final bids are expected by late June, with a deal envisaged in July.

Reuters says the sale could bring in €500 million (US$604 million) in much needed funds with German soccer clubs suffering a full season without venues at 100 per cent capacity.

Christian Seifert, DFL chief executive, previously confirmed that the professional soccer body is looking for a 25-year investment for a 25.1 per cent stake in its overseas marketing rights.

According to a Frankfurter Allgemeine report in March, the DFL is seeking to create two new subsidiaries. A new ‘MediaCo’ division will reportedly market the Bundesliga’s media rights overseas, while ‘DigitalCo’ would market the DFL’s esports competitions.

The report, which was later confirmed by the DFL, says that the new MediaCo division would absorb the existing Bundesliga International unit and look to build out a new over-the-top (OTT) streaming platform.

Seifert told Frankfurter Allgemeine: “The construction essentially envisages a new company that will receive the license to exploit international media rights and global marketing rights for 25 years.

“This underlines the solid long-term investment approach, which offers both clubs and investors security when entering and also when exiting. Private equity firms are usually partners on a temporary basis, and under our model an exit is possible after a few years without any problems.”
DRvad14
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby ramsej84 » Sat May 15, 2021 3:31 pm

Bremen are risking big time
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sat May 15, 2021 4:36 pm

If Dortmund win they are in the ucl and also condemn Mainz
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby T4L10N » Sat May 15, 2021 4:56 pm

ramsej84 wrote:If Dortmund win they are in the ucl and also condemn Mainz

So glad BVB almost there, hope they keep Haaland this summer. Would like to see if Raiola is a man of his word :D
T4L10N
I'm a chatterbox!

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga