You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2020/21 Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

Re: 2020/21 Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Postby YlonenXabi » Sun May 09, 2021 1:43 am

It's not a coaching problem. Actually Favre was doing an outstanding job with them until eventually things started to go wrong. But as a coach it's very difficult to compete against teams like Bayern or in the Champions League if every year you're gonna lose one or two key players while other teams keep getting stronger

I'd say it's more about their philosophy. They decided to be a feeder club permanently. And I agree that at some point their finances were so bad that it was their only way out. But in the last 5-10 years they could have been way more ambitious. And this also applies for pretty much any other BL team besides Bayern

This model works for them as a business, but I'm pretty sure fans aren't happy at all and they'd rather see trophies than record breaking sales
- Hansi Legend Flick -
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Alexander » Sun May 09, 2021 6:02 am

I really hope we make it 10 in a row, that would be something that probably never will be surpassed in one of the big leagues.
Alexander
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby #12 » Sun May 09, 2021 11:59 am

Alexander wrote:I really hope we make it 10 in a row, that would be something that probably never will be surpassed in one of the big leagues.
Don’t know, with the CL getting even more inflated and all...

I mean let’s be real here: it‘s ours to lose...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby YlonenXabi » Sun May 09, 2021 12:54 pm

If Dortmund could keep both Sancho AND Haaland and on top of that they added one or two good players (a goalie is a must...) then I'm sure they could give us a hard time

But it won't happen. I'm under the impression that Sancho will be sold in summer and then they will try to integrate Moukoko and get him ready to replace Haaland in 22/23
- Hansi Legend Flick -
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Alexander » Sun May 09, 2021 1:17 pm

Even though we are financially superior nine titles in a row is a magnificent achievement. PSG are on the verge of losing in France despite getting backed by Qatar. Let us applaud our club and go for number 10. And we have the CL to conquer!
Alexander
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby #12 » Sun May 09, 2021 1:35 pm

Alexander wrote:Even though we are financially superior nine titles in a row is a magnificent achievement. PSG are on the verge of losing in France despite getting backed by Qatar. Let us applaud our club and go for number 10. And we have the CL to conquer!
And they haven’t lost it yet... Btw so were we with Kovac... We‘re not superior, we‘re in a whole other league - outlr opponents REGULARLY have to sell their best players, quite often, to us... Both clubs able to challenge us have the same upheaval coming we do now (as in need to adapt to a new coach) - and while ours was unnecessary, we still managed to inflict the same danger on our closest rival... Not saying we‘re weakening them, we needed a coach, but it’s still a non-negligible side effect... Provided we don’t have huge HUGE fuck-ups (plural!), half our players aren’t involved in a car crash breaking multiple bones and no other pandemic is coming, there’s no real question who will be champion 2022...
I know I‘m the first to be extremely pissed, cause I hate losing as mich as our players, but yeah, we will lose occasionally, but it‘ll still be enough to come out on top...
You‘re far overglorifying this achievement...
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Alexander » Sun May 09, 2021 2:17 pm

I live in Sweden and we have a financial powerhouse in Malmö FF. They are playing in another league than all other teams. Of the five latest championships they have won 3 and are trailing by five points in the opening of this . PSG may lose this season and if that happens they have seven out of nine. Maybe some perspective to our streak?
Last edited by Alexander on Sun May 09, 2021 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alexander
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby MUTU » Sun May 09, 2021 2:21 pm

Go Mainz!
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Sun May 09, 2021 3:06 pm

Mainzzzzz
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Ottomeister87 » Sun May 09, 2021 4:34 pm

And 1-1.. so Frankfurt doesnt have it in their own hands anymore. But Mainz has to play bvb next week at home. Not a guaranteed dortmund win yet.
Ottomeister87
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Sun May 09, 2021 4:40 pm

Alexander wrote:I live in Sweden and we have a financial powerhouse in Malmö FF. They are playing in another league than all other teams. Of the five latest championships they have won 3 and are trailing by five points in the opening of this . PSG may lose this season and if that happens they have seven out of nine. Maybe some perspective to our streak?
You can‘t compare this 1-1... Again, I am not subscribing to the "Bayern are weakening competition" narrative, but we have another drive than PSG and - with all due respect - Malmö! We are HISTORICALLY a destination club, but more so THE German destination club... Life in Germany is swell and we have traditionally better players than -again, all due respect- Sweden...

Meaning: players good enough leave Sweden anyways... Probably even Ligue 1: PSG are newly rich and looking for overseas marketing (diMaria, Neymar...) thus not as attractive for the greatest French talents... Now here, occasionally a talent slips, and the reason me and others go nuts when it happens is just the same: We‘re simply THE destination club in Bundesliga... And exerting this role makes this "competition" laughable... Sure, you still have to win it nine times but again: this was not a great season... In fact, if any of the competitors could be HALFWAY capable of constantly performing, it would be a lot harder... But as I explained, they need to restart as well - not from scratch, but still...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Sun May 09, 2021 4:41 pm

Ottomeister87 wrote:And 1-1.. so Frankfurt doesnt have it in their own hands anymore. But Mainz has to play bvb next week at home. Not a guaranteed dortmund win yet.
Still hoping for Dortmund... Increasing our -very slim- chances of getting Haaland
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Alexander » Sun May 09, 2021 4:57 pm

#12 wrote:
Alexander wrote:I live in Sweden and we have a financial powerhouse in Malmö FF. They are playing in another league than all other teams. Of the five latest championships they have won 3 and are trailing by five points in the opening of this . PSG may lose this season and if that happens they have seven out of nine. Maybe some perspective to our streak?
You can‘t compare this 1-1... Again, I am not subscribing to the "Bayern are weakening competition" narrative, but we have another drive than PSG and - with all due respect - Malmö! We are HISTORICALLY a destination club, but more so THE German destination club... Life in Germany is swell and we have traditionally better players than -again, all due respect- Sweden...

Meaning: players good enough leave Sweden anyways... Probably even Ligue 1: PSG are newly rich and looking for overseas marketing (diMaria, Neymar...) thus not as attractive for the greatest French talents... Now here, occasionally a talent slips, and the reason me and others go nuts when it happens is just the same: We‘re simply THE destination club in Bundesliga... And exerting this role makes this "competition" laughable... Sure, you still have to win it nine times but again: this was not a great season... In fact, if any of the competitors could be HALFWAY capable of constantly performing, it would be a lot harder... But as I explained, they need to restart as well - not from scratch, but still...

It would be interesting to have a discussion but I am quite sure it will end the usual way so I pass. Still the fact is that we have a longer streak than a team owned by Qatar and they seem to lose out to Lille while we are clearly beating Leipzig and Dortmund. That is all from me to you.
Alexander
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby #12 » Sun May 09, 2021 5:09 pm

What’s the usual way, you not acknowledging my arguments?

Maybe it’s not clear enough, so let me emphasize it again: it IS a feat to be achieved first of all... It’s not like they were just handed to us, but I don’t think we need to be on top of our game to win it... And Yeah that‘s why I think you’re overdoing it... I mean, yeah, we have nothing else to celebrate, so I get it and again I don’t want to downplay it too much, but even in other countries, the teams able to win championships become fewer by the year...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Ben Gardner » Sun May 09, 2021 5:15 pm

Well, thank you Mainz. Now it's entirely up to Dortmund to handle this gift in the best possible manner with two games to go. No more "fuck ups" please, but hey, it's Dortmund we are talking about.
Ben Gardner
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Sweden

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga