You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2020/21 Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

Re: 2020/21 Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat May 08, 2021 4:38 pm

ramsej84 wrote:30+1

I remember one of the mid 90s
The first one watching on tv was 2006
(12 on tv)
I’m counting 13.

2005, 2006 (I couldn’t watch games at the time but I was already a Bayern fan, I used to check out the results in the newspaper every week and watch whatever I could find on tv - usually CL).
2008 (first season I watched properly after a friend taught me about streaming)
Then of course 2010 and this 9-league streak.

There are others which happened in my lifetime but while I technically became a Bayern fan sometimes around 2000/01 I did not really follow or have any idea what was going on before 2005 so I don’t count those.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Sat May 08, 2021 4:44 pm

I meant on tv from 2006
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Alexander » Sat May 08, 2021 4:57 pm

Ben Gardner wrote:You're most welcome guys :-)

Thank you my friend :D .
Alexander
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby #12 » Sat May 08, 2021 6:21 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Meister 2021
9 in folge
IMG_20210508_172552__01.jpg
Looks cold...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Sat May 08, 2021 6:22 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I can’t believe I’ve seen almost half our league titles, wtf haha
Almost? Half?
Go play with the kids!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Sat May 08, 2021 6:37 pm

#12 wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:Meister 2021
9 in folge
IMG_20210508_172552__01.jpg
Looks cold...
No it is actually very
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat May 08, 2021 7:01 pm

#12 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:I can’t believe I’ve seen almost half our league titles, wtf haha
Almost? Half?
Go play with the kids!
Any good retirement homes in the area?
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Sat May 08, 2021 7:09 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
#12 wrote:
Almost? Half?
Go play with the kids!
Any good retirement homes in the area?
Nah, I‘m still aiming for 78%
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Ben Gardner » Sat May 08, 2021 8:38 pm

Let me start with to congratulate you for your 31st title and the ninth in a row. You dominated the league more or less the whole time never really threatened by any team along the way. Dortmund did their best til november or something, Leverkusen sneaked in for a couple of match days but failed, Leipzig did what they could but was never a real threat. Due to the Pandemic and the fact that you've been playing more or less in every competition for almost two years you might think that it would affect you in the league. But no, despite a few hick ups here and there, BuLi is your turf and God have mercy on those who try to change that. And yet, some of you treat this team like it is something that just came out of a horse rear. Shame on you.

For Dortmund it was a great win today, and I apologies for ruin the fun for you not to secure the title by yourself, but I Guess you can live with that. Haaland and Bellingham was out, but hey, injuries and suspensions comes with the game, you just have to deal with it and not use it as excuses. Great first half was followed by a not so great second half, but we manage to secure it in the end. Reus and Sancho had both a great game and was the difference. With Frankfurt not playing until tomorrow we now occupy the fourth spot. With two matches to go we still need some help from other teams. Wolfsburg won their game today, let's see if Frankfurt can handle the pressure and do the same tomorrow.

And as a curiosity, this was I believe Nagelsmanns tenth game against Dortmund, and he has only managed to win only one of these games, with Hoffenheim, just saying :-)
Ben Gardner
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Sweden

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat May 08, 2021 8:42 pm

I really hope Dortmund can find their way next season. We desperately need a title challenge. I firmly believe it’s a coaching problem more than anything, I’m just not convinced Rose is the man.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sat May 08, 2021 9:02 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I really hope Dortmund can find their way next season. We desperately need a title challenge. I firmly believe it’s a coaching problem more than anything, I’m just not convinced Rose is the man.
It is not a coaching problem. They are relying on ever younger players and are keeping them for less time than before + they fill up their squad with players who wouldn't even make the bench at Bayern. They can't compete.
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat May 08, 2021 9:08 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:It is not a coaching problem. They are relying on ever younger players and are keeping them for less time than before + they fill up their squad with players who wouldn't even make the bench at Bayern. They can't compete.

I honestly believe that going forward they are one of the best sides in Europe on paper, but they don't show it.

I guess you could argue I'm overrating them though.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sat May 08, 2021 9:17 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:It is not a coaching problem. They are relying on ever younger players and are keeping them for less time than before + they fill up their squad with players who wouldn't even make the bench at Bayern. They can't compete.

I honestly believe that going forward they are one of the best sides in Europe on paper, but they don't show it.

I guess you could argue I'm overrating them though.
I think you are. Let's put it this way: if you could trade at zero cost any of our players for a similar one from them (meaning that he plays a similar position), who would you trade. My answer:

Haaland <> Choupo Mounting
Hummels <> Nianzou sacrificing potential for experience?

Some would argue:

Sancho <> Coman/Sané

I wouldn't...

Other than that, would you take anyone from them? I don't see a compelling case. Don't even think I'd trade Roca for any of their midfielders.
PunkCapitalist

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat May 08, 2021 9:41 pm

But you're comparing with Bayern. I think our frontline is better, as is Liverpool's, PSG's, and Man City's. But I consider theirs better than anyone else's, except maybe Chelsea (I think I still prefer Dortmund's though). So let's say 5th best in Europe, if we agree. They definitely don't show it on the pitch.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sat May 08, 2021 10:36 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:But you're comparing with Bayern. I think our frontline is better, as is Liverpool's, PSG's, and Man City's. But I consider theirs better than anyone else's, except maybe Chelsea (I think I still prefer Dortmund's though). So let's say 5th best in Europe, if we agree. They definitely don't show it on the pitch.
Don't know man... Take away Haaland and Sancho and I think BVB is at the level of Gladbach. Hell, I'd say Haaland is all they have going on for them. Frontline is their one notable positive, but midfield and defense are mediocre and goalkeeper is very bad. Also, Haaland and Sancho are not expected to last much longer, so their one positive will soon disappear. They can't rely on finding a Haaland every year.

But, more fundamentally, comparing them with Bayern is most appropriate: my point is that they will not be competitive vs us in the league.
PunkCapitalist

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga