You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2020/21 Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

Re: 2020/21 Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Postby zozon » Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:31 am

I compared their diving acts, not the quality.

I rate Robben quality-wise above both of them.
zozon
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Ottomeister87 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:51 am

Neymar could be one of the best. If he acted accordingly and got to his potential 100%. But his party lifestyle seems to be more important. Just his whole bodymotion on the field annoys me with Neymar, on top of his diving and Theatrical performances.

Robben had his moments also, but he gave it his 110% every game.
Ottomeister87
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:52 pm

sherpthederp wrote:
zozon wrote:
Ottomeister87 wrote:Urgh no.. his diving antics are nothing i EVER want here. Every single time he gets touched he cries like Zapata came into the room again.

We had Robben, though.
And it was fine for us, but unnerving for the opponents.

Im not saying Robben was a diver like Neymar, but hey - it apparently works.

I think the big difference is that Robben would go down after feeling light contact if it was convenient. Neymar actively drags defenders in and suckers them into positions where he can draw fouls and beg for cards. Not denying that Robben did his fair share of diving, but Neymar is way worse about it
Hey, if you can exploit it and do, I think it’s cleverness... Drawing fouls is part of the game - AND it puts him at risk of getting injured... The problem is not his playstyle, but his antics and theatricals! Robben fell... Neymar just needs to be touched and acts like the respective body part must be amputated and even then he would only have a 10% chance of survival - about 15 times a game... THAT‘S the problem!
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:57 pm

Ottomeister87 wrote:Neymar could be one of the best. If he acted accordingly and got to his potential 100%. But his party lifestyle seems to be more important. Just his whole bodymotion on the field annoys me with Neymar, on top of his diving and Theatrical performances.

Robben had his moments also, but he gave it his 110% every game.
AND every training session, AND every extra shift he pulled, AND in private life...

Robben is the definition of an underachiever if you look at (international) trophies won... He‘s an overachiever ob the field, cause while extremely talented, he still made the absolute MOST out of it...

Simple example: look how long it takes Coman/Gnabry to get back to nearly 100% after an injury... Arguably, Coman was never there and Gnabry hadn’t reached it again before being taken out by CoViD just now... With Robben, 1-2 games in, the magic would happen again...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Ottomeister87 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:43 pm

I agree, Robben was one of a kind in work ethic. Its just a bummer he had so many damned injuries.
Ottomeister87
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:30 pm

BMG v E.Frankfurt ....

What a shameful disgrace
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Ottomeister87 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:05 pm

I still dont understand how that handball wasnt a penalty for Gladbach when Ilsanker touched it twice and got it even stuck between his arm and thigh... But yeah, Hutter is going to Gladbach now so ofcourse Frankfurt loses, same as when Rose announced his switch to BVB just to give the match away after.

Schalke could be official out for next season tuesday/wednesday if they will take max 1 point in Bielefeld i believe. 5 games to go.. 13 behind Hertha :D
Ottomeister87
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Ben Gardner » Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:31 pm

With Frankfurt and Wolfsburg losing today a opportunity just turned up for Dortmund to join the party for CL spots. A win tomorrow will close the gap to four respectively five points with five matches to go. The current situation is embarrassing as it is, but hopefully we can ease that embarrassment for a moment with a win tomorrow.
Ben Gardner
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Sweden

Postby America USA » Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:35 pm

If Leipzig drop any points in the next two BL games these it's officially over and we will equal Juventus as the only European club in the "Big Five Nations" to win 9 straight National Titles.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Alexander » Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:51 am

"Bad league" or not, if we win nine times in a row it is a huge achievement. I think many people underestimate the difficulty.
Alexander
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby Ottomeister87 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:44 pm

I dont get that Bundesliga is boring crap anyway. The opponents have 2 games every year against us. IF they should win both the rest is on them. Its not Bayern's problem clubs like Leverkusen, Dortmund etc fuck up all of a sudden again and start choking. We had a massive drought again this year playstyle wise, we conceded 7 times or 8 times in a row the 0-1 and still came back almost every time. We also blew a 7 point lead to a 2 point lead after the one week winterbreak and they still couldnt go past us. Thats on them not on us, and blaming us for taking their players is an excsuse that cant be used either.

I hope we finish it in the next 2 mathdays and go for the tenth next year aswell..
Ottomeister87
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Ben Gardner » Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:34 pm

Ottomeister87 wrote:I dont get that Bundesliga is boring crap anyway. The opponents have 2 games every year against us. IF they should win both the rest is on them. Its not Bayern's problem clubs like Leverkusen, Dortmund etc fuck up all of a sudden again and start choking. We had a massive drought again this year playstyle wise, we conceded 7 times or 8 times in a row the 0-1 and still came back almost every time. We also blew a 7 point lead to a 2 point lead after the one week winterbreak and they still couldnt go past us. Thats on them not on us, and blaming us for taking their players is an excsuse that cant be used either.

I hope we finish it in the next 2 mathdays and go for the tenth next year aswell..

Bayern being superior in the BuLi year after year should be a great motivation for other clubs, problem is that no other club can challenge at the moment for whatever reason. Even when Bayern plays poorly or being in a transition no other team can slip in to snatch the title. Last time a team did that was Dortmund, and that really pissed Bayern off. And I really don't get where the talk about Bayern taking other clubs players comes from.
Ben Gardner
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Sweden

Postby Ottomeister87 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:45 pm

Oooooh those talks have been here for decades ''Bayern destroying the competition by buying all their best players yada yada yada'' But the fun thing is, how much money have RB and BVB generated with transfers like Dembele, Werner and others. And BVB only goes for young guys they wont keep anyway, ofcourse you wont win the Buli with a mindset like that. I have to admit that i saw RB crumbling without Werner before this season, but somehow they performed better then expected. But even if Bayern is doing bad and spilling points, others just cant make a profit from that, and that ofcourse can NEVER be on Bayern.

Look at Leverkusen, they played like there was no tomorrow in the first half of the season. BMG did a great job there aswell kinda. But after Leverkusen lost to Bayern, they like disbanded it all.
Ottomeister87
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Ben Gardner » Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:30 pm

Ottomeister87 wrote:Oooooh those talks have been here for decades ''Bayern destroying the competition by buying all their best players yada yada yada''.

Yeah, I know it has been around since I don't know when, but it is simply not true. Bayern isn't destroying anything, we might even say that it is other clubs who is destroying BuLi by failing keeping up with Bayern. Occasionally, by snitching a title now and then and make Bayern feel they are not alone in the ball park.
Ben Gardner
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Sweden

Postby Ottomeister87 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:41 pm

The thing is, Bayern has bought a player here and there from Gladbach, Dortmund, Leipzig, Schalke, Leverkusen etc. But those clubs do the exact same thing with other clubs in the Buli. Example is the Rose/Dortmund thing. Fans cried out hellfire over it and they did the exact same thing with Hutter from Frankfurt. :^o
Ottomeister87
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga