You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2020/21 Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

Re: 2020/21 Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Postby #12 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:42 am

aterford wrote:
#12 wrote:
Achilles wrote:Well look who predicted a result still though far from easy.
I'm not sweating over the league. Firstly because Leipzig is not a super team. Secondly even if we lose the league it will do some good overall. We might get angry and invest something extra to build a better roster. The league itself needs a refresh even if that team is the plastic club of RBL. The only bad thing is that we can end up with zero trophies while the potential is for another double at least...
At least? How would that go...

I think it was easy... We had people here jerking over a second half at Frankfurt... Well guess what, they just did the same, over 90 minutes not 35, against a nominally better team (CL-participant) - AND they won!
That game looked more like 5-1 (or 5-0) than ours today and they were CLEARLY unlucky not to lead comfortably at HT already... They’re just a much more stable team atm - with a much better squad depth... They’re not super... But they don’t have to be if we drop points against teams who will be relegated...

Come on, be consistent. If Leipzig were wearing Bayern jerseys today, it would have been called a "lucky" win, never would have been called "easy" for them.
Well, yeah, I am, I was just coming off wrongly I guess...

It wasn’t easy... But it SHOULD habe been... And they got themselves to blame (that penalty? Come on!)! Which would get me raging, of course... Thing is: they still won and it was definitely deserved... They were the better team for well over 90 minutes and I don’t think I can say this for more than 2-3 Bundesliga games in the entirety of 2021 for us...

They had a ton of luck... But the way people acted here like they were outplayed? We gave away a two goal lead against the same team, FFS...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:47 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Imo there are two main differences between the game today and ours last week bs Frankfurt:
1) we were horrible in the first half and Frankfurt deserved their goals. Gladbach were mostly lucky. Imo Leipzig were better all game long.
2) Leipzig took their chances in the second.

The first doesn’t really matter in context. However badly the team played, the result at half time was the same. 2-0 down.
The second point is much more relevant. One could perhaps argue it is the mark of champions, and these two games might well end up being the deciders. But I think, all things considered, given how many goals we’ve been scoring this season, it was more the case of an off-day on that front last week.

I don’t think what Leipzig did in the second half today is much different from what we did last week. We are definitely capable of pulling off a turnaround performance like that; arguably we upped our game even more than they did but I don’t really consider that a positive because we should have been playing well from tbe beginning, like Leipzig did.

Ultimately the main difference between the two was how clinical both teams were. I’m not going to call it the end of the world, scoring is the least of our problems on 99% of days. I don’t see the gulf in quality in willpower or talent or whatever some seem to be seeing.

Keep in mind also that Frankfurt are better than Gladbach right now.
Doesn’t matter... IF you’re capable of turning a performance around, starting at 2-0 is the dumbass move in itself... I think your claim is debatable, seeing as Frankfurt lost to fucking BREMEN just yesterday, but even more so, how dumb is this after failing to come back from two down against FUCKING BIELEFELD to go and pull the sane shit against Frankfurt and thinking it‘ll work out? It’s that kind of shit that in the end will turn out to have cost us everything... And -> I <- wonder what the usual "but we‘re still first" suspects will come up with, once we‘re not...
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:51 am

PunkCapitalist wrote:
#12 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:[quote="#12"][quote="Lukas"]And it looks like we’ll go into the Dortmund game under pressure after dropping to 2nd
Again... We won’t even lead the table by the time we travel to Leipzig - and we‘ll lose there anyways...

I am DEAD seeious, I just do not see how we should be able to gather all the points needed against opposition BETTER than what we faced so far and did shitty against...
I understand why you’re feeling like this, and I definitely think it’s going to be a tight race this season, but Leipzig aren’t about to win every single game left either.

If one team were to win every game except the direct encounter, I would bet a month’s income that it would be us.
It’s the more probable thing, I get it, and I know I‘ve been wrong about this in the past (and also been somewhat "unlucky" then) but it’s even more apparent now: our squad has gotten severely weaker and I‘ve said it already: in 2019, we won it, cause the others were shit, not because we were good! Now last year was something else - AFTER Flick took over - but this season, again, it‘s the shitty league that’s keeping us afloat, not our quality or performances...

That bet you wanna place... I think it’s necessary to win this... Leipzig will walk over us and I don’t see us beating Dortmund either... I expect them to score at least 3 next week...[/quote]I don't see either winning against us. Bayern slips against shitty opposition out of boredom, but usually ups the game against the bigger teams.

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk[/quote]Meh... I can only see us beat Dortmund if they - for whatever reason - come to AA again wearing skidmark shorts for warmup already...
That upped game, didn’t see it neither against Frankfurt nor Gladbach, maybe slightly against a Lazio whose defensive errors make ours look solid...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:56 am

Fénix wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:I don't see either winning against us. Bayern slips against shitty opposition out of boredom, but usually ups the game against the bigger teams.

True. That what they did against Lazio. I couldn't even imagine we would put 4 in Rome and close the story in the 1st leg. Müller even admitted within the last 2 months how hard is sometimes for them to motivate against some teams in Germany due to constant domination with 8 straight titles in row.

Even under Ancelotti and Kovač guidance we were super motivated to beat BVB and Leipzig and put 3-5 goals behind their back in the middle of their backyard.

It's going to be the case this season, too. We are Bayern and we hungry of big matches almost every single weekend.

The race is going to be tight, that's for sure. But it's not going to be easy for Leipzig at all. Other teams will torn apart points against them.

Still, it's their 5th season in the Bundesliga and the idea of Dietrich Matešić was to win the title in the first 5 years. So far they haven't won and we are now in that season. :)
Neither with Kovac nor Ancelotti(I think... The 5-4 was with Guardiola, wasn’t it?) did we win at Dortmund or Leipzig - definitely not with Kovac... And we haven’t won in Leipzig in what feels like ages and bar the Pokal final in general against them, let alone scored "3-5"... As a matter of fact, they were always closer to beating us, maybe except in Munich in last season‘s 0-0...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Ben Gardner » Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:35 am

Leipzig was just about to derail when they found track again, they surely have had an impressive run lately in the leauge. But I'm sure in the long run they don't have to look what's in front of them but instead look what's behind them.

At the same time Dortmund took a vital victory in the chase for top four, but hey, what do you guys care about teams 10-15 points behind :-)
Ben Gardner
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Sweden

Postby #12 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:45 am

Ben Gardner wrote:Leipzig was just about to derail when they found track again, they surely have had an impressive run lately in the leauge. But I'm sure in the long run they don't have to look what's in front of them but instead look what's behind them.

At the same time Dortmund took a vital victory in the chase for top four, but hey, what do you guys care about teams 10-15 points behind :-)
1.) yeah, cause in the long run they‘ll be first with no one in front of them...

2.) we do when they’re about to kick our asses... Actually, Haaland alone will do that...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Ben Gardner » Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:10 pm

#12 wrote:
Ben Gardner wrote:Leipzig was just about to derail when they found track again, they surely have had an impressive run lately in the leauge. But I'm sure in the long run they don't have to look what's in front of them but instead look what's behind them.

1.) yeah, cause in the long run they‘ll be first with no one in front of them...

2.) we do when they’re about to kick our asses... Actually, Haaland alone will do that...

1.) Aaah, I should have seen that one coming. Better check my writings more carefully #-o
2.) So, I guess I don't have to worry about the upcoming game then, that's a relief.
Ben Gardner
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Sweden

Postby #12 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:21 pm

Ben Gardner wrote:
#12 wrote:

1.) Aaah, I should have seen that one coming. Better check my writings more carefully #-o
2.) So, I guess I don't have to worry about the upcoming game then, that's a relief.
You actually do, but not because of the opponent, but because of your team...
Meaning: if Dortmund don’t show up pants already shit, they‘ll be able to score at will...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Lukas » Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:21 pm

Aaaaaand we’re off first place as it stands. Who knows when we will be again
Lukas
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
European Union

Postby #12 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:53 pm

Lukas wrote:Aaaaaand we’re off first place as it stands. Who knows when we will be again
BuTuTuTuT, wE aRe StIlL tOp Of ThE tAbLe....
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby zozon » Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:02 pm

Lukas wrote:Aaaaaand we’re off first place as it stands. Who knows when we will be again

After the Dortmund game, calma.

Also - why you are talking like we are 10 points behind (and even with a GAME to play) is beyond me.
Last edited by zozon on Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zozon
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:04 pm

#12 wrote:
BuTuTuTuT, wE aRe StIlL tOp Of ThE tAbLe....
You talk as if we haven’t regularly put 3-5 past Dortmund recently.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Lukas » Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:29 pm

zozon wrote:

After the Dortmund game, calma.

Also - why you are talking like we are 10 points behind (and even with a GAME to play) is beyond me.

Because we have to win a very tough game tonight, under pressure after seeing our in form rivals go above us, to go back top. We’re not playing very well, Leipzig are playing better and have a few easy games to come before we have to go there
Lukas
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
European Union

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:43 pm

Even if we win tonight... we risk being toppled if we lose to RBL
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby zozon » Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:44 pm

Lukas wrote:Because we have to win a very tough game tonight, under pressure after seeing our in form rivals go above us, to go back top. We’re not playing very well, Leipzig are playing better and have a few easy games to come before we have to go there

See, it wont be a tough game tonight.

As I said - 4:1.
zozon
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga