You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2020/21 Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

Re: 2020/21 Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Postby #12 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:56 pm

aterford wrote:
#12 wrote:Nice work!
I assume you did this yourself using some source?
What does it say on offense - particularly for us?

Yes - taken from Understat. I'm not sure it says a ton about our attacking, but I guess we could gather that either a.) we've been 'unluckier' than expected on set-piece defending or b.) set-piece defending is a bigger portion of our defensive issues than we may think it to be, or c.) perhaps a bit of both. It is a bit odd that we have the lowest expected goals-against in the league on dead-ball situations but are 10th (number) or 13th (percentage) in actual dead-ball goals conceded....
Ah I phrased that badly... I meant dead ball attack... Cause it feels like we‘re not good there...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby aterford » Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:29 am

#12 wrote:
aterford wrote:
#12 wrote:Nice work!

Yes - taken from Understat. I'm not sure it says a ton about our attacking, but I guess we could gather that either a.) we've been 'unluckier' than expected on set-piece defending or b.) set-piece defending is a bigger portion of our defensive issues than we may think it to be, or c.) perhaps a bit of both. It is a bit odd that we have the lowest expected goals-against in the league on dead-ball situations but are 10th (number) or 13th (percentage) in actual dead-ball goals conceded....
Ah I phrased that badly... I meant dead ball attack... Cause it feels like we‘re not good there...

Ah I gotcha. Here we go. Similar concept: 1. Total number of dead-ball goals scored (not including penalties), 2. Percentage of total goals scored, 3. Dead-ball xG

Total dead ball goals
1. Leverkusen - 11
2. Gladbach, Union - 9
4. Dortmund, Freiburg - 8
6. Leipzig, Wolfsburg - 7
8. Frankfurt, Koln - 6
10. Bremen - 5
11. Bayern, Stuttgart - 4
13. Mainz, Schalke - 3
15. Augsburg, Hoffenheim - 2
17. Hertha - 1
18. Bielefeld - 0

Percentage of total goals
1. Koln - 40%
2. Leverkusen - 34%
3. Union - 27%
4. Gladbach, Wolfsburg - 26%
6. Freiburg - 24%
7. Dortmund - 23%
8. Leipzig, Bremen - 22%
10. Schalke - 21%
11. Frankfurt, Mainz - 17%
13. Stuttgart - 12%
14. Augsburg - 11%
15. Bayern, Hoffenheim - 8%
17. Hertha - 4%
18. Bielefeld - 0%

Dead ball xG
1. Dortmund - 8.25
2. Gladbach - 7.61
3. Koln - 7.21
4. Leipzig - 7.20
5. Leverkusen - 5.86
6. Frankfurt - 5.67
7. Freiburg - 5.64
8. Bayern - 5.58
9. Wolfsburg - 4.55
10. Stuttgart - 4.45
11. Bremen - 4.39
12. Union - 4.11
13. Hertha - 3.90
14. Hoffenheim - 3.84
15. Augsburg - 3.78
16. Mainz - 3.58
17. Schalke - 3.45
18. Bielefeld - 2.40
God Bless Thomas Müller
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:41 am

aterford wrote:
#12 wrote:
aterford wrote:[quote="#12"]Nice work!

Ah I gotcha. Here we go. Similar concept: 1. Total number of dead-ball goals scored (not including penalties), 2. Percentage of total goals scored, 3. Dead-ball xG

Total dead ball goals
1. Leverkusen - 11
2. Gladbach, Union - 9
4. Dortmund, Freiburg - 8
6. Leipzig, Wolfsburg - 7
8. Frankfurt, Koln - 6
10. Bremen - 5
11. Bayern, Stuttgart - 4
13. Mainz, Schalke - 3
15. Augsburg, Hoffenheim - 2
17. Hertha - 1
18. Bielefeld - 0

Percentage of total goals
1. Koln - 40%
2. Leverkusen - 34%
3. Union - 27%
4. Gladbach, Wolfsburg - 26%
6. Freiburg - 24%
7. Dortmund - 23%
8. Leipzig, Bremen - 22%
10. Schalke - 21%
11. Frankfurt, Mainz - 17%
13. Stuttgart - 12%
14. Augsburg - 11%
15. Bayern, Hoffenheim - 8%
17. Hertha - 4%
18. Bielefeld - 0%

Dead ball xG
1. Dortmund - 8.25
2. Gladbach - 7.61
3. Koln - 7.21
4. Leipzig - 7.20
5. Leverkusen - 5.86
6. Frankfurt - 5.67
7. Freiburg - 5.64
8. Bayern - 5.58
9. Wolfsburg - 4.55
10. Stuttgart - 4.45
11. Bremen - 4.39
12. Union - 4.11
13. Hertha - 3.90
14. Hoffenheim - 3.84
15. Augsburg - 3.78
16. Mainz - 3.58
17. Schalke - 3.45
18. Bielefeld - 2.40[/quote]Doesn’t look THAT bad... I mean, we score a lot of goals... Could be a few more, especially after corners...
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby aterford » Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:15 am

^^ Yeah, I'm not totally sure what to think. It's pretty average I guess BUT I do feel like sometimes that worse teams have a tendency to have to rely on scoring from dead-ball situations more (in that they're less likely to be able to create goalscoring opportunities from open play), so I guess it is not really that bad, yeah. Could probably stand to add a few more but I guess on the whole it's not a huge area of concern
God Bless Thomas Müller
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby YlonenXabi » Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:03 am

This is just me :shock:

YlonenXabi wrote:When it comes to defending set pieces and crosses, Dortmund are probably the worst team in European football

And it's been like that for the last 2-3 seasons

Pathetic

YlonenXabi wrote:Luckily they have been shaky in defense and shameful defending crosses and set pieces. I'm hoping that Lewy can score one or two =P~

YlonenXabi wrote:I'm telling you this for the 100th time, but HOW can you guys be so BAD at defending set pieces and crosses???

It's always the same story. Always the same goals conceded

YlonenXabi wrote:Dortmund have the worst defense in Bundesliga history. Every goal they concede is an absolute joke

And their inability to defend crosses and set pieces never ceases to amaze me

YlonenXabi wrote:It's like when you are playing with your friends and there is a cross, but whoever is defending just says "f*ck it" and doesn't even bother.

I see the same type of defending in Dortmund

YlonenXabi wrote:Are you guys ever gonna learn how to defend crosses and set pieces properly?

YlonenXabi wrote:I'm still perplexed with that corner kick banter from Dortmund twitter account regarding their future match against Barcelona

Seriously?

Dortmund collpased last year due to their inability to defend corners, crosses and set pieces in the second half of the season. Why would you make a joke about something that happened to you as well?

YlonenXabi wrote:Dortmund have ruined a very promising season due to their inability to defend crosses and set pieces

YlonenXabi wrote:Dortmund playing better, but still atrocious defending set pieces :)

Now imagine being an actual Dortmund fan :lol:

I would pay to read BVBforum's #12 :mrgreen:
- Hansi Legend Flick -
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby #12 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:33 am

Lukas wrote:RB “already BL champions” Leipzig lost to Mainz...
Don’t know where you read that but THIS time it wasn’t me...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:34 am

YlonenXabi wrote:This is just me :shock:

YlonenXabi wrote:When it comes to defending set pieces and crosses, Dortmund are probably the worst team in European football

And it's been like that for the last 2-3 seasons

Pathetic

YlonenXabi wrote:Luckily they have been shaky in defense and shameful defending crosses and set pieces. I'm hoping that Lewy can score one or two =P~

YlonenXabi wrote:I'm telling you this for the 100th time, but HOW can you guys be so BAD at defending set pieces and crosses???

It's always the same story. Always the same goals conceded

YlonenXabi wrote:Dortmund have the worst defense in Bundesliga history. Every goal they concede is an absolute joke

And their inability to defend crosses and set pieces never ceases to amaze me

YlonenXabi wrote:It's like when you are playing with your friends and there is a cross, but whoever is defending just says "f*ck it" and doesn't even bother.

I see the same type of defending in Dortmund

YlonenXabi wrote:Are you guys ever gonna learn how to defend crosses and set pieces properly?

YlonenXabi wrote:I'm still perplexed with that corner kick banter from Dortmund twitter account regarding their future match against Barcelona

Seriously?

Dortmund collpased last year due to their inability to defend corners, crosses and set pieces in the second half of the season. Why would you make a joke about something that happened to you as well?

YlonenXabi wrote:Dortmund have ruined a very promising season due to their inability to defend crosses and set pieces

YlonenXabi wrote:Dortmund playing better, but still atrocious defending set pieces :)

Now imagine being an actual Dortmund fan :lol:

I would pay to read BVBforum's #12 :mrgreen:
Nothing like the original buddy
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:59 am

#12 wrote:
In any case, letting in 2 against them doesnt seem so bad now that Leipzig and Dortmund both failed against them
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:14 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
#12 wrote:
In any case, letting in 2 against them doesnt seem so bad now that Leipzig and Dortmund both failed against them
True, but none of them played Kiel so far...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Ben Gardner » Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:27 pm

Well, at least in Germany it's business as usual. Bayern kicks ass and Dortmund can't defend properly.
Ben Gardner
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Sweden

Postby MUTU » Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:07 pm

77' RasenBallsport Leipzig 1-0 Bayer Leverkusen
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Ben Gardner » Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:10 pm

A must win for Dortmund today, if we still want to be in the race for the second spot. Can't say that things have been fixed, I think we're still far from that, but it was the points that counted today. Game started in the worse way, one goal behind after ten minutes, but on the bright side, it was not from a set piece. Later VAR found a penalty which Haaland missed by hitting the woodwork. I think he tried to pull a Lewandowski. A few minutes later Delaney equalized from a set piece. Second half I would say that we controlled, scoring two goals and secured the three points. This was a game that we are supposed to win and we did, but with Dortmund nowadays you just don't know what you get.
Ben Gardner
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Sweden

Postby MUTU » Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:37 pm

BVB losing again is kind of worrying. I hope they make it to the CL next season.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby soul-railgun777 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:44 pm

MUTU wrote:BVB losing again is kind of worrying. I hope they make it to the CL next season.

Why would you like them to go to the CL? Because a lot of their talents would go if they don't qualify?
soul-railgun777
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Ben Gardner » Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:47 pm

Now I think it's safe to say that Dortmund will not challenge for the second spot. Before the season started I thought we were a serious contender for that spot, but I was wrong. Question now is if we will make it to the top four. I'm not gonna throw in the towel yet, but something has to be done with this Dortmund. I don't really know what it is, I still believe we have both the quality and the talent, but somewhere in the Club there is a huge problem that need to be fixed, and that quickly.

I want take anything away from Freiburg, two good shots, the second a little bit help from our Goalie, Can hit the bar in the first, but beside that, Dortmund really had nothing to come up with. Way to many unforced errors and not being able to threaten the opponent's goal. Reus is probably having his worst season ever, and I do think his prime days is definitely over. He played so poorly that he was subbed of early in the second making way for Moukoko, who, on the other hand did well.

I can't help feeling a little bit sorry for Edin Terzic, he was obvious thrown into something he wasn't ready for. Can't blame he for taking it, it was a opportunity he had to take I guess. The board should have done their homework a little bit better in that case. Now I would say, the situation is the same, if not worse, than it was when Favre got the boot. I Guess there will be a lot of talking among the Dortmund leaders the following days. How to tackle the current situation? Carry on or act? And, if so, how?
Ben Gardner
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Sweden

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga