You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2019/20 Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.
 

Re: 2019/20 Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Postby Dumbledore7 » Fri May 01, 2020 2:35 pm

I'm not going to pretend that football will have that big of an effect on making more people stay at home. Maybe MUTU thinks so, but it's probably a minor bonus effect.

More concerned about the industry itself. Players are depreciating as we speak, and enough of the economy is falling apart that it'd help the little people in the football industry to get started again (e.g. stadium caretakers, drivers, TV crew).

Absolutely not buying the risk though. The footballers and coaching staff who will have been in the stadium don't have the virus, so how could they spread it?
User avatar
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 5833
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:02 pm
Location: London
National Flag:
Indonesia
Has thanked: 4228 times
Been thanked: 3516 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: 2019/20 Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Postby #12 » Fri May 01, 2020 2:44 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:I'm not going to pretend that football will have that big of an effect on making more people stay at home. Maybe MUTU thinks so, but it's probably a minor bonus effect.

More concerned about the industry itself. Players are depreciating as we speak, and enough of the economy is falling apart that it'd help the little people in the football industry to get started again (e.g. stadium caretakers, drivers, TV crew).

Absolutely not buying the risk though. The footballers and coaching staff who will have been in the stadium don't have the virus, so how could they spread it?
How would you know?
You DO know that tests not only still have a small chance of being false positive/negative, but also that there’s the issue of time and that you may well be infectious before testing positive...

I get the economic standpoint, but these companies should be able to keep their workers in business for a few more weeks...
And while MUTU is a supporter of more, wider, faster, harder, Scooter , I do think this business needs to be genuinely reformed...!

The only real argument is an economic one... And yes, if they pay for their tests and don’t draw capacities needed elsewhere it maybe IS conceivable...
But not before other business branches and kindergartens are considered as well...
Locking up kids at home (which I am still in favor of currently btw!) and having working parents taking care if them is difficult... If you do it while having a few millionaires chase a ball it's downright dangerous for society...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
User avatar
#12
Chief Critic
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 21047
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 1086 times
Been thanked: 4792 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2019/20 Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Postby Fénix » Fri May 01, 2020 2:56 pm

They [football players, football coaches, staff, non-football/stadium staff, TV staff, security staff] all have private life, families, family members and their families and family members also have private life, jobs, schools, they move around on streets, go to work/school and back home. That's how they can spread it.

That's how all started at first place, from China; foreign students in China, foreigners in China, foreign workers and businessmen, foreign tourists traveling to China and rest of the Far East, Chinese traveling around the world, Chinese tourists, Chinese businessmen, entrepreneurs, workers, etc.

Now we haven't lived as we used to live our lives in European countries 2 months ago, we haven't watched a single football match for the last 7-8 weeks unless one has started to follow the Belarus league and that's it.

Everything would have been great if there weren't things such as freedom, democracy, human rights, personal freedoms and footballers and football staff were like gladiators in the Old Rome; placed in their cages, cells, prisons, like slaves with no freedom or anything. :wink:
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
User avatar
Fénix
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 9818
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:11 pm
Location: Croatia
National Flag:
Croatia
Has thanked: 4025 times
Been thanked: 3882 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2019/20 Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Postby #12 » Fri May 01, 2020 3:07 pm

Fénix wrote:They [football players, football coaches, staff, non-football/stadium staff, TV staff, security staff] all have private life, families, family members and their families and family members also have private life, jobs, schools, they move around on streets, go to work/school and back home. That's how they can spread it.

That's how all started at first place, from China; foreign students in China, foreigners in China, foreign workers and businessmen, foreign tourists traveling to China and rest of the Far East, Chinese traveling around the world, Chinese tourists, Chinese businessmen, entrepreneurs, workers, etc.

Now we haven't lived as we used to live our lives in European countries 2 months ago, we haven't watched a single football match for the last 7-8 weeks unless one has started to follow the Belarus league and that's it.

Everything would have been great if there weren't things such as freedom, democracy, human rights, personal freedoms and footballers and football staff were like gladiators in the Old Rome; placed in their cages, cells, prisons, like slaves with no freedom or anything. :wink:
Sounds like a ramsejian utopia
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
User avatar
#12
Chief Critic
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 21047
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 1086 times
Been thanked: 4792 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2019/20 Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Postby Fénix » Fri May 01, 2020 4:17 pm

Haha, I don't think so... I bet he has never sent anyone to hospital, broken someone's arm or leg after a fight. :D
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
User avatar
Fénix
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 9818
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:11 pm
Location: Croatia
National Flag:
Croatia
Has thanked: 4025 times
Been thanked: 3882 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2019/20 Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Postby Dumbledore7 » Fri May 01, 2020 5:24 pm

#12 wrote: How would you know?
You DO know that tests not only still have a small chance of being false positive/negative, but also that there’s the issue of time and that you may well be infectious before testing positive...

I get the economic standpoint, but these companies should be able to keep their workers in business for a few more weeks...
And while MUTU is a supporter of more, wider, faster, harder, Scooter , I do think this business needs to be genuinely reformed...!

The only real argument is an economic one... And yes, if they pay for their tests and don’t draw capacities needed elsewhere it maybe IS conceivable...
But not before other business branches and kindergartens are considered as well...
Locking up kids at home (which I am still in favor of currently btw!) and having working parents taking care if them is difficult... If you do it while having a few millionaires chase a ball it's downright dangerous for society...

There's being safe then there's being paranoid. Of course there's a risk. It's just not a big enough one to outweigh the benefits.

There's danger everywhere, why aren't supermarkets completely closed and retailers just shift completely to online orders? Because losing the lives of the store clerks and shop goers, factored by the stupidly low risk of a major virus spread network in supermarkets, are not as much of a value loss as the big investment needed to ramp up delivery services. Duh.
User avatar
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 5833
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:02 pm
Location: London
National Flag:
Indonesia
Has thanked: 4228 times
Been thanked: 3516 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: 2019/20 Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Postby #12 » Fri May 01, 2020 6:22 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:
#12 wrote: How would you know?
You DO know that tests not only still have a small chance of being false positive/negative, but also that there’s the issue of time and that you may well be infectious before testing positive...

I get the economic standpoint, but these companies should be able to keep their workers in business for a few more weeks...
And while MUTU is a supporter of more, wider, faster, harder, Scooter , I do think this business needs to be genuinely reformed...!

The only real argument is an economic one... And yes, if they pay for their tests and don’t draw capacities needed elsewhere it maybe IS conceivable...
But not before other business branches and kindergartens are considered as well...
Locking up kids at home (which I am still in favor of currently btw!) and having working parents taking care if them is difficult... If you do it while having a few millionaires chase a ball it's downright dangerous for society...

There's being safe then there's being paranoid. Of course there's a risk. It's just not a big enough one to outweigh the benefits.

There's danger everywhere, why aren't supermarkets completely closed and retailers just shift completely to online orders? Because losing the lives of the store clerks and shop goers, factored by the stupidly low risk of a major virus spread network in supermarkets, are not as much of a value loss as the big investment needed to ramp up delivery services. Duh.
Supermarkets provide groceries, soccer provides money to the rich...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
User avatar
#12
Chief Critic
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 21047
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 1086 times
Been thanked: 4792 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2019/20 Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Postby MUTU » Fri May 01, 2020 6:31 pm

Time to quote Bill Shankly: "Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that."

#12 wrote:soccer provides money to the rich

And it also provides entertainment to the masses.

Anyway, I am quite sure that the Bundesliga and the DFB Pokal will get the green light soon, and football fans around the world will rejoice.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 44074
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 8069 times
Been thanked: 12545 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: 2019/20 Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Postby IsiahRashad » Fri May 01, 2020 6:48 pm

The Bundesliga's top 20 sprinters in the 2019/20 season, according to transfermarkt.com.

1. Achraf Hakimi (Dortmund), 36,49 km/h
2. Moussa Diaby (Leverkusen), 35,95 km/h
3. Kingsley Ehzibue (FC Köln), 35,85 km/h
4. Kingsley Coman (Bayern München), 35,66 km/h
5. Marcus Thuram (Gladbach), 35,60 km/h
5. Jeremiah St. Juste (Mainz), 35,60 km/h
7. Ihlas Bebou (Hoffenheim), 35,57 km/h
8. Sheraldo Becker (Union Berlin), 35,43 km/h
9. Breel Embolo (Gladbach), 35,31 km/h
10. Bernard Tekpetey (Fortuna Düsseldorf), 35,30 km/h
11. Alphonso Davies (Bayern München), 35,29 km/h
12. Lukas Klostermann (RB Leipzig), 35,10 km/h
12. André Hahn (Augsburg), 35,10 km/h
14. Christopher Antwi-Adjei (Paderborn), 35,08 km/h
15. Christian Günter (Freiburg), 35,06 km/h
16. Gerrit Holtmann (Paderborn), 35,05 km/h
17. Jacob Bruun Larsen (Hoffenheim), 35,02 km/h
18. Karim Bellarabi (Leverkusen), 35,01 km/h
19. Timo Werner (RB Leipzig), 34,97 km/h
20. Rabbi Matondo (Schalke 04), 34,95 km/h
Image
User avatar
IsiahRashad
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 9452
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:38 pm
National Flag:
Bulgaria
Has thanked: 4429 times
Been thanked: 4531 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2019/20 Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Postby #12 » Fri May 01, 2020 7:06 pm

MUTU wrote:Time to quote Bill Shankly: "Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that."

#12 wrote:soccer provides money to the rich

And it also provides entertainment to the masses.

Anyway, I am quite sure that the Bundesliga and the DFB Pokal will get the green light soon, and football fans around the world will rejoice.
So am I, it’s still not a rebuttal of my claim that your argument is hollow and meaningless...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
User avatar
#12
Chief Critic
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 21047
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 1086 times
Been thanked: 4792 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2019/20 Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Postby #12 » Fri May 01, 2020 7:40 pm

Three positive cases of Covid-19 at 1.FC Köln btw... ONLY Köln...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
User avatar
#12
Chief Critic
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 21047
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 1086 times
Been thanked: 4792 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2019/20 Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Postby Dumbledore7 » Fri May 01, 2020 8:08 pm

#12 wrote:Supermarkets provide groceries, soccer provides money to the rich...

I've already answered this point if you actually bothered to read. Groceries can easily be provided by other means, but supermarkets are kept open. Why? Because it's the lowest cost option possible, because the risk of spread by opening supermarket is low enough. If you want to make yourself consistent, your argument about stopping spread by minimising contact should apply to supermarkets too, selling groceries shouldn't justify opening.
User avatar
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 5833
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:02 pm
Location: London
National Flag:
Indonesia
Has thanked: 4228 times
Been thanked: 3516 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: 2019/20 Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Postby #12 » Fri May 01, 2020 8:17 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:
#12 wrote:Supermarkets provide groceries, soccer provides money to the rich...

I've already answered this point if you actually bothered to read. Groceries can easily be provided by other means, but supermarkets are kept open. Why? Because it's the lowest cost option possible, because the risk of spread by opening supermarket is low enough. If you want to make yourself consistent, your argument about stopping spread by minimising contact should apply to supermarkets too, selling groceries shouldn't justify opening.
I did read but your argument is still flawed...
As you said, supermarkets equal lowest cost and lowest effort, structures and scaffolding are THERE!
With soccer though... They are created artificially now - to provide a non-essential business with minimum added value with a competitive advantage in relation to other businesses... It is EXTRA danger that is not needed nor beneficial... Restructuring grocery distribution in order to deliver with current versatility and effectiveness would cost BILLIONS...
And we haven’t even started to talk about other things, like the need for them to stay at hotels that - you guessed it - are still fucking closed
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
User avatar
#12
Chief Critic
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 21047
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 1086 times
Been thanked: 4792 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2019/20 Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Postby Dumbledore7 » Fri May 01, 2020 8:30 pm

#12 wrote:
Dumbledore7 wrote:
#12 wrote:Supermarkets provide groceries, soccer provides money to the rich...

I've already answered this point if you actually bothered to read. Groceries can easily be provided by other means, but supermarkets are kept open. Why? Because it's the lowest cost option possible, because the risk of spread by opening supermarket is low enough. If you want to make yourself consistent, your argument about stopping spread by minimising contact should apply to supermarkets too, selling groceries shouldn't justify opening.
I did read but your argument is still flawed...
As you said, supermarkets equal lowest cost and lowest effort, structures and scaffolding are THERE!
Restructuring grocery distribution in order to deliver with current versatility and effectiveness would cost BILLIONS...

Yeah, so basically you made a value judgment that the lives of shoppers and shop clerks are not worth billions, right? Maybe you and MUTU disagree about the value of football, but you don't have some form of moral high ground. The way you think are the same.
User avatar
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 5833
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:02 pm
Location: London
National Flag:
Indonesia
Has thanked: 4228 times
Been thanked: 3516 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: 2019/20 Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Postby Lukas » Fri May 01, 2020 9:20 pm

2 Köln players are positive. Let’s see what happens now
User avatar
Lukas
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2978
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:34 am
Has thanked: 315 times
Been thanked: 1108 times
Gender: Male

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests