You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2019/20 Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

Re: 2019/20 Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Postby IsiahRashad » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:37 pm

IsiahRashad

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby swarkzero » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:47 pm

Just delay everything and when the situation gets better in 2,3,6 months continue where we left of.It makes zero sense to cancel everything and it's very unfair to some teams .
swarkzero
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

2019/20 Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Postby #12 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:17 pm

swarkzero wrote:Just delay everything and when the situation gets better in 2,3,6 months continue where we left of.It makes zero sense to cancel everything and it's very unfair to some teams .
Who's telling you it WILL be better in 6 months?
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Fénix » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:20 pm

IsiahRashad wrote: Can't see tweet? Click here!

Hohohohoho, opaaaaaaaa! :o :P

I mean, you can do everything, but to expand the league to 22 teams next season, now that's something I'm dying so hard to see happening, not just for one season but for all further period after that.
20-22 teams would be great and I'm all for expanding the league so it becomes more relevant in Germany.
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:22 pm

If they do so there will be a revolt. Wtf?
Someone in italy suggested the same.

Another op they suggested is a play off system to declare the Rel and the Winner together with the uefa spots.

Delay everything for End of April and keep playing behind close doors is the best solution imo
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:35 pm

ramsej84 wrote:If they do so there will be a revolt. Wtf?
Someone in italy suggested the same.

Another op they suggested is a play off system to declare the Rel and the Winner together with the uefa spots.

Delay everything for End of April and keep playing behind close doors is the best solution imo
Revolt? Why?
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Fénix » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:38 pm

Yes, but players weren't protected by all sort of influences over the last 3 weeks and now we see what's going on in Italy, Spain and even Germany.

All in all, all sports events should be postponed in those countries.

Let me just say that even Croatian Football Federation decided to cancel postpone everything up to March 31 2020. No matches at all!

I'm fine with that decision if that means we are going to stop expansion of this damn shit of a virus.
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby aterford » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:42 pm

Posted elsewhere but didn't feel like typing it out again. Here's my thoughts on that idea...

I think it's a kind of odd suggestion. Mainly because the implication of a 22-team league means you’re having a 42-matchday season (unless they intend to significantly change the league format, which would be odd...). That alone’s going to be brutal on the players, IMO. And what’s the timeline? That means the season would take nearly two months (8 weeks) longer than it does already, and it already takes nearly 9 months! If you want to finish by mid-late May, the season would need to start in late June – only 3 months and change from where we’re at right now. If you want to start the season at the normal time (late August), it’d be finishing up in mid-July.

On top of that….how’s that play into where the Euros fall? There’s talk it’ll be moved back to Summer 2021. If that’s the case, then either the 2020/21 BL season has to start early or it’s going to overlap with the usual Euros timeline (June-July). If the Euros stay on this summer (can’t see that happening), the start of the 20/21 BL season overlaps with the Euros (again, scheduled June/July) or it starts after the Euros and runs all the way into mid-July of 2021.

And then think of the players who are NT players too: You’re looking at either 1.) Euro tournament with a 10-11 month regular season to follow around ~1 month after conclusion of Euros or 2.) 10-11 month regular season with the Euros to follow pretty much immediately at the end of the regular season. That’s going to be just brutal on those players.

IMO, it’d make more sense if they’re going to cancel the BL (and they probably should) to just have the bottom 3 teams in 1.BL and top 3 teams in 2.BL play in some mini-tournament to determine promo/relegation or something like that. That’s an imperfect plan but IMO would be better than the idea that’s being presented….I don't hate the idea of canceling the season - think it is probably the smart move honestly. But this is a weird solution that they've presented.
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:06 pm

Playoffs is not such a bad idea tbh
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:27 pm

Maybe a mini league involving us , the bulls and the bees...

And for the serie a , one between the first three teams
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Malta

Postby aterford » Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:00 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Playoffs is not such a bad idea tbh

That's the best I can come up with at this point. Realistically I think they'd probably have to cancel the Pokal or something otherwise just to have a a manageable game load.

Consider this timeline.

Let's assume that the Euros do get pushed back and take place in Summer 2021. Either way, they take about one month on the dot to complete. Currently it's set for mid-June thru mid-July. Just for this example, assume they maintain that same rough timeline for next summer.

In order to have the expanded Bundesliga season finish in time so as to not overlap with the start of the Euros (BL has typically concluded the second or third week of May), you're left with two options.

First is to eliminate the winter break, which buys you roughly four weeks. With 8 additional matchdays, you'd just need to start the season four weeks earlier. This year, that would've meant the BL starting on July 27. The season would then run until mid-late May and you'd have approximately ~3 weeks of time off before the Euros start. That runs a month (like said), then you have about one month before the regular non-expanded BL season would kick off again, which then runs approximately 9 months until mid-late May. So from the start of "Expanded BL" in Summer 2020 until the end of the "Regular BL" season in mid-late May 2022 you'd have approximately 21 months of football with ~1.5 months of break time for the players.

Second would be to maintain the winter break but start even earlier still. In this case, you'd need to start around the last week of June. Just for ease of illustration let's say the BL kicks off on 1 July. Of course the immediate issue here is that 1. July is only ~3.5 months away from today and there's no indication yet that things will be cleared up by then. But on we go. The season continues until winter break. One month off, back to start off 2021. Season continues until mid-late May, Euro 2021 ("2020") kicks off in mid-June and runs till mid-July. Regular Bundesliga season 2021/2022 kicks off about one month later, mid-August 2021. Goes again until Winterpause 21/22, continues until mid-late May 2022. In this case, you'd have to start the new season in just 3.5 months from today and from 1 July 2020 until the end of 21/22 BL season in May 2022 you'd have ~19 months of straight football with say 2.5 months of rest time.

Either way, hard to see that being very feasible. Would be murder on the players IMO
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Kenny29cv » Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:31 am

Just cancel it
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
Kenny29cv
Getting the hang of it

National Flag:
Slovenia

Postby bastos80 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:47 pm

Kenny29cv wrote:Just cancel it

You can't just cancel it without considering the repercussion this would have especially for smaller clubs who depend on TV money...
Sané ---- Lewandowski ---- Gnabry
Davies - Thiago - Kimmich - Dest
Hernández -- Alaba -- Upamecano
--------------- Neuer ----------------
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Germany

Postby GoatHCW » Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:30 pm

Canceling is such an overreaction and bad decision.

Just suspend for the month and reevaluate the situation then. If it's still bad, suspend a little longer.

It's really not that difficult
GoatHCW
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Firefox1234 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:52 pm

Most likely scenario in my opinion is the Euros are postponed till next year so leagues have room to finish this season. Canceling league club football will cause more headaches than even the current pandemic.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga