You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2019/20 Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

Re: 2019/20 Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Postby #12 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:19 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Finished 1-1. The title race is mathematically in our hands. No one team can turn it around just by winning every game left including vs us.
If the situation is like this after the Gladbach match, I'll join in...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:45 pm

#12 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:Finished 1-1. The title race is mathematically in our hands. No one team can turn it around just by winning every game left including vs us.
If the situation is like this after the Gladbach match, I'll join in...

Ah yes... good point. Although it is almost impossible for them to overturn that goal difference, so it is pretty much only in our hands theoretically, just not mathematically quite yet.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:02 pm

Yup... Also, I still think - in our hands or not - there are quite a few tough games still to play on our end....
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:37 pm

It's always in our hands to win it given we're first, irrespective of whether or not Gladbach win or not. If we win 100% of all remaining matches, we win the treble no matter what other teams do :)
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:11 pm

MUTU wrote:It's always in our hands to win it given we're first, irrespective of whether or not Gladbach win or not. If we win 100% of all remaining matches, we win the treble no matter what other teams do :)

Yes, but FCBM's premise doesn’t stand
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby bastos80 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:15 pm

MUTU wrote:It's always in our hands to win it given we're first, irrespective of whether or not Gladbach win or not. If we win 100% of all remaining matches, we win the treble no matter what other teams do :)

Big brain time
Sané ---- Lewandowski ---- Gnabry
Davies - Thiago - Kimmich - Dest
Hernández -- Alaba -- Upamecano
--------------- Neuer ----------------
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:42 pm

Naturally, but if Gladbach drop points then it becomes solely in our hands.

If the goal difference weren’t so big, if Gladbach were to win 100% of games, including against us, they could win the title (unless Leipzig/Dortmund do). Once they drop one more point, even if they win 100% of their remaining games, it is still not enough for them to win the title and they would need us to drop points in at least one more game beyond the direct encounter. This is already the case for the Dortmund.

Basically, it has been in our hands for some time, but so far there have been other teams who also still had it in their hands (and due to goal difference technically it still is the case).

@#12 I agree it doesn’t mean much, just thought it worth mentioning. For example Leipzig might not have it in their hands anymore but all they need is a Dortmund win against us to catch up. Today is a significant development though because even if that happens we will still be first, although the 9 goal advantage we have over Leipzig isn’t impossible to overturn.

In any case my whole calculation that this scenario resulted from Leipzig dropping points was wrong because it was out of their hands already with a 1 point difference since there is no direct encounter left. What I may have been thinking subconsciously is that no single team can take the title away from us (either by winning it themselves or handing it to someone else) just by winning 100% of their games anymore, assuming we win every game but the one against that team. It’s all hypothetical... the title race is still far from over.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:00 pm

#12 wrote:If the situation is like this after the Gladbach match, I'll join in...

I'm sorry Mr Negative, but it's too late now

You are not welcome aboard anymore [-X :coffee:
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby #12 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:59 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:
#12 wrote:If the situation is like this after the Gladbach match, I'll join in...

If it’s the Coutinho = Iniesta boat you‘re referring to I'll gladly swim...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Dumbledore7 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:50 pm

#12 wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:

If it’s the Coutinho = Iniesta boat you‘re referring to I'll gladly swim...

Yeah YlonenXabi mate, you got to sacrifice 100 goats to retribute for that. Embarrassing stuff.
Dumbledore7

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby YlonenXabi » Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:57 am

When did I say that? :shock:
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby PunkCapitalist » Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:23 am

Maybe people are.mixing in Mutu statements of Müller vs Iniesta (which IMO is a very fair comparison) into the Coutinho vs Iniesta non-debate.

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist

Postby YlonenXabi » Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:52 am

I said Iniesta was one of the greatest midfielders of all time, but his goals + assists ratio was laughable

Because Goals and Assists don't necessarily matter depending on your position on the field

I probably compared Coutinho and Iniesta in terms of position they play

But no way in effing hell did I put Coutinho and Iniesta on the same level.

That's not true

I admit I was convinced he would be a great player for us though. I got that wrong.
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Dumbledore7 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:18 am

YlonenXabi wrote:I probably compared Coutinho and Iniesta in terms of position they play

Well this was very wrong. They don't play anywhere near the same role or position.
Dumbledore7

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby zozon » Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:28 am

Dumbledore7 wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:I probably compared Coutinho and Iniesta in terms of position they play

Well this was very wrong. They don't play anywhere near the same role or position.

Yeah, Iniesta played as a goalkeeper, its THAT distant of a comparison :roll:
This is like saying Suarez and Lewandowski dont play in the same role or position, get a grip.

Coutinho plays in the Iniesta position (or vice versa) way more for Bayern than he played for Barca. Its an another debate how "successful" is he playing there for Bayern.
Don't mix success and playing position. Iniesta won evertyhing while playing there. That doesnt mean Coutinho doesnt play the same role or position.
zozon
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga