You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2019/20 Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.
 

Re: 2019/20 Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Postby #12 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:57 pm

aterford wrote:The biggest concern for me is squad depth as the season continues.
Just a bit more food for thought, though:
First is that while I mentioned above we are earning slightly more points per match than Leipzig on the season as a whole (2.05 vs 2.00)...but under Flick that number is 2.47 - obviously substantially more.

Second: this site gives the "strength of schedule" for each team's remaining schedule. They have us and Leipzig as having equally difficult remaining schedules, FWIW. https://www.restprogramm.com/restprogra ... undesliga/


Yeah they do, others - including me - don‘t...

Plus we haven’t even talked about us having to play other competitions...

Had we won yesterday I'd agree... Right now I am still pretty worried about Leipzig winning it...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
User avatar
#12
Chief Critic
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 22725
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 1147 times
Been thanked: 5264 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2019/20 Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Postby aterford » Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:23 am

#12 wrote:
aterford wrote:The biggest concern for me is squad depth as the season continues.
Just a bit more food for thought, though:
First is that while I mentioned above we are earning slightly more points per match than Leipzig on the season as a whole (2.05 vs 2.00)...but under Flick that number is 2.47 - obviously substantially more.

Second: this site gives the "strength of schedule" for each team's remaining schedule. They have us and Leipzig as having equally difficult remaining schedules, FWIW. https://www.restprogramm.com/restprogra ... undesliga/


Yeah they do, others - including me - don‘t...

Plus we haven’t even talked about us having to play other competitions...

Had we won yesterday I'd agree... Right now I am still pretty worried about Leipzig winning it...


Again though, it's just math... table position, home/away records, current form, W/L/D, etc. Just a simple algorithm, certainly not perfect nor definitive, but not just a guy's opinion either - when looking at the above metrics RBL's schedule is no more difficult than ours.

We do have to play other competitions. But so do Leipzig. The only difference is they're out of the Pokal. (Seeing them lose in the Pokal - shouldn't that be a knock against them, at least to some degree...?). But that's not a huge factor. For the remainder of the season we'll have a maximum of three more Pokal matches, one of which (the final) would take place after the league season is already over (BL matchday 34 is on May 16, Pokal final is on May 23, so the final won't have any impact on the last matchday performances).

Of course we're both still in the UCL. We'll play Chelsea and they'll play Spurs. Both Bayern and Leipzig are heavy favorites to advance, so odds are that they will be dealing with the same fixture congestion. Should they advance past Spurs, they'll still have UCL play to manage into mid-April at best.

With that in mind it's important to remember that for at least the past 4 seasons Bayern have collected more points than any other team in the second half of the season. In 16/17 and 17/18 Leipzig saw a big drop-off in the second half of the season. Last year they gained second-most second-half points (behind us, again), but that likely came as a result of them dropping out of the Europa league and having less fixtures to worry about still.

Again, think the math's pretty firmly in our favor... As of yet, even without the Pokal in the picture Leipzig haven't shown themselves to be able to manage multiple competitions in the second half of the season whereas Bayern (as it relates to BL performance) have repeatedly passed that test with flying colors. So again we'd have to expect Bayern to have a remarkably uncharacteristic second-half flop and Leipzig would have to go well above and beyond what they'd ever done before.

Like I said, I do worry about our squad size becoming an issue, but the short of it is that we're still the favorites and Leipzig have a lot to prove before we should assume they're ahead of us in pretty much any regard.
#BigFlickEnergy
User avatar
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 5355
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:40 am
Has thanked: 4305 times
Been thanked: 3567 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2019/20 Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Postby thomasmann » Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:13 am

The next game in the BuLi against a potentially dangerous team will be on April 4th against Dortmund. Until then the competition for champion will take points from one another. Chelsea also should not really be a problem....

So, the problem that was obvious against Leipzig will be once again simply forgotten. We have seen this problem in several of the last few games: When the opponent changes their tactic, unlike Guardiola, or any great coach, Flick cannot make the necessary changes.

As Jose was in the Allianz Arena, I wonder if they had a conversation with him.
User avatar
thomasmann
Woah, this feels cool!
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:49 am
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 9 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2019/20 Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Postby #12 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:24 am

aterford wrote:
#12 wrote:
aterford wrote:The biggest concern for me is squad depth as the season continues.
Just a bit more food for thought, though:
First is that while I mentioned above we are earning slightly more points per match than Leipzig on the season as a whole (2.05 vs 2.00)...but under Flick that number is 2.47 - obviously substantially more.

Second: this site gives the "strength of schedule" for each team's remaining schedule. They have us and Leipzig as having equally difficult remaining schedules, FWIW. https://www.restprogramm.com/restprogra ... undesliga/


Yeah they do, others - including me - don‘t...

Plus we haven’t even talked about us having to play other competitions...

Had we won yesterday I'd agree... Right now I am still pretty worried about Leipzig winning it...


Again though, it's just math... table position, home/away records, current form, W/L/D, etc. Just a simple algorithm, certainly not perfect nor definitive, but not just a guy's opinion either - when looking at the above metrics RBL's schedule is no more difficult than ours.

We do have to play other competitions. But so do Leipzig. The only difference is they're out of the Pokal. (Seeing them lose in the Pokal - shouldn't that be a knock against them, at least to some degree...?). But that's not a huge factor. For the remainder of the season we'll have a maximum of three more Pokal matches, one of which (the final) would take place after the league season is already over (BL matchday 34 is on May 16, Pokal final is on May 23, so the final won't have any impact on the last matchday performances).

Of course we're both still in the UCL. We'll play Chelsea and they'll play Spurs. Both Bayern and Leipzig are heavy favorites to advance, so odds are that they will be dealing with the same fixture congestion. Should they advance past Spurs, they'll still have UCL play to manage into mid-April at best.

With that in mind it's important to remember that for at least the past 4 seasons Bayern have collected more points than any other team in the second half of the season. In 16/17 and 17/18 Leipzig saw a big drop-off in the second half of the season. Last year they gained second-most second-half points (behind us, again), but that likely came as a result of them dropping out of the Europa league and having less fixtures to worry about still.

Again, think the math's pretty firmly in our favor... As of yet, even without the Pokal in the picture Leipzig haven't shown themselves to be able to manage multiple competitions in the second half of the season whereas Bayern (as it relates to BL performance) have repeatedly passed that test with flying colors. So again we'd have to expect Bayern to have a remarkably uncharacteristic second-half flop and Leipzig would have to go well above and beyond what they'd ever done before.

Like I said, I do worry about our squad size becoming an issue, but the short of it is that we're still the favorites and Leipzig have a lot to prove before we should assume they're ahead of us in pretty much any regard.


Ok I‘m convinced...

Dunno why, maybe I feel like the number of games is too small of an entity to be reliable or something... Maybe I'm too insecure in general...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
User avatar
#12
Chief Critic
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 22725
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 1147 times
Been thanked: 5264 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2019/20 Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Postby aterford » Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:32 am

Nah, they're legitimate concerns...I don't mean to try and write them off entirely but rather to say that in spite of those concerns we should still be considered the favorites for the time being. It is not a huge sampling to work with but the best we've got at the moment and history tends to look favorably on us for the time being.
#BigFlickEnergy
User avatar
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 5355
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:40 am
Has thanked: 4305 times
Been thanked: 3567 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2019/20 Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Postby Bayernbazi » Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:20 am

Klinsmann resigns from Hertha Berlin

Can't see tweet? Click here!
User avatar
Bayernbazi
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1488
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:56 pm
Has thanked: 557 times
Been thanked: 901 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: 2019/20 Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Postby PunkCapitalist » Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:36 pm

Anyone remember Pal Dardai and Niko Kovac? The next two great coaches coming out from the BuLi? xD

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk
User avatar
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 7712
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:15 pm
Has thanked: 3447 times
Been thanked: 3036 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2019/20 Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Postby MUTU » Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:39 pm

Bayernbazi wrote:Klinsmann resigns from Hertha Berlin

Can't see tweet? Click here!

What, already?!
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 45529
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 8353 times
Been thanked: 13184 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes
 
Birthday

Re: 2019/20 Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:53 pm

thomasmann wrote:So, the problem that was obvious against Leipzig will be once again simply forgotten. We have seen this problem in several of the last few games: When the opponent changes their tactic, unlike Guardiola, or any great coach, Flick cannot make the necessary changes.


I don’t really agree, although the real tests will be in the CL.

It’s quite a low standard to compare to, but consider the first Leipzig game, with Kovac. We dominated the first half, then they changed stuff and we never got back in the game. We were lucky not to lose.

At first, this game seemed similar... and them gaining the upper hand in the second half with tactical changes is not so surprising considering they have a great coach in Nagelsmann. The team that dominates the first half, at best, can hope to keep it up, so if any team improves significantly it will always be the weaker one. The difference between Flick and Kovac is that this time around Leipzig did not continue to dominate us until full time. We eventually adjusted and the game became pretty much equal then. We still needed a bit of luck, but so did they, and being in danger of losing in a balanced game is normal.

Flick found a way back into the game. Kovac didn’t. I won’t say he can’t adapt to tactical changes, not yet, but a much better indicator will be what happens in the top European games.
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 39522
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 13191 times
Been thanked: 10396 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: 2019/20 Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Postby thomasmann » Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:19 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
thomasmann wrote:So, the problem that was obvious against Leipzig will be once again simply forgotten. We have seen this problem in several of the last few games: When the opponent changes their tactic, unlike Guardiola, or any great coach, Flick cannot make the necessary changes.


I don’t really agree, although the real tests will be in the CL.

It’s quite a low standard to compare to, but consider the first Leipzig game, with Kovac. We dominated the first half, then they changed stuff and we never got back in the game. We were lucky not to lose.

At first, this game seemed similar... and them gaining the upper hand in the second half with tactical changes is not so surprising considering they have a great coach in Nagelsmann. The team that dominates the first half, at best, can hope to keep it up, so if any team improves significantly it will always be the weaker one. The difference between Flick and Kovac is that this time around Leipzig did not continue to dominate us until full time. We eventually adjusted and the game became pretty much equal then. We still needed a bit of luck, but so did they, and being in danger of losing in a balanced game is normal.

Flick found a way back into the game. Kovac didn’t. I won’t say he can’t adapt to tactical changes, not yet, but a much better indicator will be what happens in the top European games.


We were simply lucky not to loose... they had three 100%, we had one. It was simply the luck, that we had missed against Gladbach and Leverkusen
Should we not make a mess in more than one game against the upcoming easy teams, #8 in a row will happen... Bu LI soccer is just too lousy...

In the CL the only team that will be a problem will be Liverpool. With a bit of luck we will not get them, till the final. I watch the PL every week and Chelsea are beginning to be at bit less of a desaster, but basically they should be as easy as in the Finale Dahoam [-o<
User avatar
thomasmann
Woah, this feels cool!
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:49 am
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 9 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2019/20 Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:52 pm

MUTU wrote:
Bayernbazi wrote:Klinsmann resigns from Hertha Berlin

Can't see tweet? Click here!

What, already?!

Lothar Matthaeus believes his former Germany team-mate Jurgen Klinsmann will struggle to coach in the Bundesliga again, while the local press has slammed the ex-star striker for abruptly walking out on Hertha Berlin after just 10 weeks in charge.

The 55-year-old Klinsmann dropped a bombshell on Tuesday with a Facebook announcement he was quitting after just 76 days, despite agreeing last November to coach Hertha until the end of the season.

“It’s going to be difficult now” for Klinsmann to coach again in the Bundesliga, Matthaeus, 58, wrote of his fellow 1990 World Cup winner in daily newspaper Bild in mid-week.

“Clubs who are looking for a coach will think hard. [source]
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 46539
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 31217 times
Been thanked: 6717 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2019/20 Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Postby Fénix » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:16 pm

Klinsmann after his playing career was an absolute weirdo and even during his career was a bit of weirdo, even had suffered from an inferiority complex.

The funniest thing is that exactly Lothar Matthäus is commenting his circus and from what I heard from some older Bayern fans, Klinsmann in the 90's couldn't cope with Matthäus' personality and size at Bayern. :lol: Basically Matthäus was to Klinsmann something like Kobe Bryant to Shaquille O'Neal. :lol:
User avatar
Fénix
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 10712
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:11 pm
Location: Croatia
National Flag:
Croatia
Has thanked: 4612 times
Been thanked: 4344 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2019/20 Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Postby DRvad14 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:18 pm

“2019 DFL Economic Report”: Record revenue and other new highs confirm the positive economic development of German professional football
Bundesliga and Bundesliga 2 generate total revenue of €4.42 billion
17 of the 18 Bundesliga clubs with revenue in excess of €100 million
Professional clubs pay €1.28 billion in taxes and duties
13 February 2019 – German professional football has confirmed its positive development in the 2017-18 season. With total revenue of €4.42 billion, the Bundesliga and Bundesliga 2 increased their cumulative revenue for the fourteenth year in succession. In the past ten years, German professional football has seen average annual growth of 8.6 per cent. The latest revenue increase of just over 10 per cent compared with 2016-17 is shown in the “2019 DFL Economic Report”, published today by the DFL, which presents the economic figures for the Bundesliga and Bundesliga 2. The main growth driver is revenue from the national media contracts that have been in place since 2017-18.

Bundesliga clubs achieved a record equity

The Bundesliga alone recorded total revenue of €3.81 billion in the past season. This represents growth of around 13 per cent compared with the 2016-17 season (€3.37 billion) and is almost double the figure recorded seven years ago in 2010-11 (€1.94 billion). 17 of the 18 Bundesliga clubs generated revenue in excess of €100 million in the 2017-18 season. The Bundesliga clubs also achieved a record equity, which amounted to €1.6 billion, double the figure recorded in the 2013-14 season (€807.3 million).

The revenue generated by the 18 Bundesliga 2 clubs exceeded €600 million for the third year in succession in 2017-18 (€608 million). The slight reduction compared with the previous year was due to the composition of the division as a result of promotion and relegation. However, the result returned to positive territory (€26.7 million), thereby underlining the good overall economic position of Bundesliga 2 in the past season.

€1.28 billion of taxes and duties

The economic strength of German professional football is also having a significant fiscal and economic effect: At €1.28 billion, the 36 clubs and limited companies of Bundesliga and Bundesliga 2 made a record payment of taxes and duties to the state as well as social security and accident insurance contributions in 2017-18. The Bundesliga and Bundesliga 2 are also driving employment, with – for the first time – more than 55,000 people being employed by the clubs and their subsidiaries. The number of people employed directly or indirectly within professional football increased to 55,142 – an all-time high.

DFL CEO Christian Seifert: “German professional football has continued its positive development. This is driven in particular by revenue from the current national media contracts, which are reflected in the balance sheets for the first time.” Seifert continued: “Digitalisation and globalisation will open up new opportunities for German professional football in the coming years. In order to create the optimal environment for the clubs and existing and potential partners alike, the DFL is working consistently to enhance the conditions. This includes expanding its innovation leadership in the area of new technologies as well as its presence on international markets.”
User avatar
DRvad14
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2558
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:40 pm
Location: NY
National Flag:
India
Has thanked: 1858 times
Been thanked: 1493 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: 2019/20 Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Postby Firefox1234 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:32 pm

FT Borussia Monchengladbach 1-1 Hoffenheim

Hoffenheim salvaged a draw with a goal in injury time.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
User avatar
Firefox1234
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 18488
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 1:42 am
Location: United States of America
National Flag:
Kenya
Has thanked: 5863 times
Been thanked: 4457 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: 2019/20 Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Postby Lukas » Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:48 pm

Leipzig are looking much more convincing than us. They defence is better, they look more decisive and dangerous going forward and their midfield is dominant. I think they will drop fewer points than us and I just keep thinking about that trip to Dortmund in April.
User avatar
Lukas
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 3247
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:34 am
Has thanked: 352 times
Been thanked: 1243 times
Gender: Male

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests