You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2019/20 Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

Re: 2019/20 Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:58 pm

I read that we have only 10 outfield players from the first squad available for the game vs Hertha

If we don't get at least one or two good reinforcements within the next few days I predict us to drop a few points in the coming games and then we can kiss BL goodbye

Last year we were kind of lucky in the second half of the season regarding injuries (and the early exit in CL surely helped) but the situation this year is beyond ridiculous. It's a bad joke that you would not expect one of the biggest and richest clubs in the world going through
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby aterford » Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:12 pm

Wait - you mean to suggest that having 10-13 fit outfield players isn't a common occurrence at clubs aiming to compete in multiple competitions and who are considered among the biggest clubs in the world????

Outrageous suggestion. :wink:
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:50 pm

S.Reuter speaking to journalists while FCA are in Malta for the winter training camp.

A string of positive results just before the winter break saw them move up to 10th in the Bundesliga but once the league resumes later this month, they are in for a stiff challenge against one of Reuter’s former sides, Dortmund.

“The Malta training camp has been very important for us because we have had a good time together as a team, while preparing for the next league matches in well-equipped facilities,” the former Germany international said.

“Also, having the opportunity to play two friendlies gives our players the chance to gain much-needed playing time and be prepared for the resumption of the Bundesliga.

“Our team’s physical condition is very good, hence we focused a lot on the tactical part of the game during our stay in Malta.”

In facing Dortmund in their first Bundesliga game of 2020, Augsburg’s task has become even more difficult as Lucien Favre’s team have acquired the services of youth sensation Erling Haaland from Red Bull Salzburg – scorer of eight goals in six games in the Champions League this season.

“I know that he scored a lot for Salzburg but at the moment I am reading that he might not start against us,” Reuter said.

“However, our coach will remain concentrated in trying to put our team in the best possible conditions to defeat Dortmund – with or without Haaland, to remain on track for our objective.”

Augsburg’s main target every season is that to avoid relegation and they are on the right track in reaching their objective for the ninth straight season.

“At the start it was not easy for us as we brought in 12 players and we struggled a bit but then we embarked on a positive streak that enabled us to sit at 10th,” Reuter explained.

“For us, it is very important to remain in the German top-flight, even though this season seems a bit complicated for everyone because there are tight battles for every spot in the standings.

“Obviously, reaching European football would be a great showcase for us.

“We already managed once by qualifying to the Europa League, where we faced Liverpool and managing to achieve the same objective would make everyone happy at the club.”

Unlike the major leagues across Europe, the Bundesliga has a different ownership model.

50+1 rule

In fact, German teams are all under the ‘50+1’ ownership norm which means that clubs, and fans, hold a majority of their voting rights.

Teams whose commercial investors own over 49 per cent of the club would not be allowed to compete according to the German Football League rules.

In recent years, several clubs, including top sides like Bayern and Dortmund, called out for a change in this model as they feel this puts the Bundesliga at a disadvantage when compared to the investments made by other clubs like Real Madrid and Barcelona.

“Given that this rule stems from an old tradition, I am pleased with it,” Reuter explained.

“When you see the private investment of some of the best teams across the world, maybe something it needs to be done – but ultimately, it suits our club’s policy.” [source]
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Bayernbazi » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:34 am

Hopefully we get more Bundesliga teams for their winter training camps in the future !
FC Augsburg - DEPARTURE FROM MALTA
Bayernbazi
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby DRvad14 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:09 pm

DRvad14
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:54 pm

Wonder if that means Amazon will get Bundesliga rights sometime in the near future.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby DRvad14 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:00 pm

they have Bundesliga live radio /audio in usa, i might be wrong thought they had tie up eurosport for bundesliga in uk and dazn for championship league in germany starting next year
DRvad14
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby Firefox1234 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:48 pm

Schalke 2-0 Gladbach 58’
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby #12 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:51 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:Schalke 2-0 Gladbach 58’

Leipzig celebrating championship today already...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby YlonenXabi » Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:34 am

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they consider Gladbach as their biggest challengers :roll:
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Firefox1234 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:06 pm

Goal! 1-0 Augsburg vs BvB 34’

Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Firefox1234 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:36 pm

Goal! 2-0 Augsburg vs BvB 46’

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Firefox1234 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:40 pm

Goal! 2-1 Augsburg vs BvB 49’

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Firefox1234 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:46 pm

Goal! 3-1 Augsburg vs BvB 55’

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Firefox1234 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:49 pm

Goal! 3-2 Augsburg vs BvB 58’

Haaland scores as a super sub on his debut!!

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga