You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2019/20 Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

Re: 2019/20 Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Postby aterford » Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:32 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:
MUTU wrote:Tomorrow, BVB host Leipzig so some points above us will be dropped.

What would be your preferred outcome?

Dortmund are kind of hot and cold so I don't think they will challenge for the title. I'd rather see them getting the 3 points or at least a draw

I know what to expect from Dortmund, so being a few points below them doesn't bother me much.

However I don't really know what to expect from RB Leipzig or if they can keep this form for the whole season. If they somehow manage to win tomorrow I might start to worry a little bit

Of course a draw would be preferable but I'm with you in that I couldn't complain with a BVB win. Favre for me is simply not a good manager and is not the solution for BVB...a win likely keeps him around longer, which I think is better for us long-term, hahaha. Also I do think that BVB are more likely to be up and down for the remainder of the season - or at least I would predict BVB to drop more points than RBL from now until end of season.
Operation ten Hag 2k20: Commence!
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:49 pm

But we still need to go to Dortmund... I still think it’s highly unlikely we will win Bundesliga this season...
Unless all teams in front of us drop points once more and we win the two remaining games... (i.e. max 3 points behind the leaders...)
FC **** LOSERS München!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby aterford » Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:43 am

I don't know, mathematically the odds are not too bad really...We are now only 6 off the leaders and that very well may change even this coming matchday....

Just looking off the projections and betting lines...
Dortmund and RBL are a virtual push for who's going to win or not...
Wolfsburg favored to win or at least share points with Schalke...
Gladbach big favorites naturally, and we are very very big favorites over Freiburg (knock on wood, no sure things).

But hypothetically speaking let's say that all shakes out as described - a draw in BVB-RBL and Schalke loses (or draws).

1. RBL - 34
2. Gladbach - 34
3. Bayern - 30
4. Dortmund - 30
5. Schalke - 28(29)

Of course that's still leaving us in third but four points with what..18? matches left to play is certainly not insurmountable.

If RBL wins it's 1. RBL - 36, 2. Gladbach - 34, 3. Bayern - 30, 4. BVB - 29 and if BVB wins it's 1. Gladbach - 34, 2. RBL - 33, 3. Dortmund - 32, 4. Bayern - 30.
So of course a draw for RBL-BVB is preferable but if I had to chose I'd rather be 4 points back (with only a one-point gap separating 1/2 and 2/3) rather than 6 points out of first but ahead of BVB... that lines up with most projections too - we're generally still regarded as the odds-on favorite with Leipzig as our closest competitor.

Of course no sure things but...There's a lot of football left to be played. Of course, Gladbach travels to Leipzig early in the ruckrunde (md20) and will still have to come to Munich near the end of the year. Leipzig also have to come to Munich and BVB still has to travel to play Gladbach and Leipzig. All that to say that while it's certainly likely we'll drop some points here and there between now and then, just by nature of the schedule there's going to be a bit of attrition taking place - so long as we take care of business and win the head-to-heads vs the teams ahead of us we're really not in a bad position, yet...
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:29 am

I don’t see us winning both Leipzig and Gladbach at home... Plus we traditionally drop points at Dortmund and Neverkusen - and dropping points is what we've done WAAAAYYY too mich already...
FC **** LOSERS München!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby aterford » Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:25 pm

#12 wrote:I don’t see us winning both Leipzig and Gladbach at home... Plus we traditionally drop points at Dortmund and Neverkusen - and dropping points is what we've done WAAAAYYY too mich already...

Perhaps so, but we don't expressly *need* to win both of those at this point. With a BVB win or draw today gap is effectively narrowed to either winning the head-to-head or just earning three points when one of them drops points a time or two
aterford
I'm a post king!

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:48 pm

#12 wrote:But we still need to go to Dortmund... I still think it’s highly unlikely we will win Bundesliga this season...
Unless all teams in front of us drop points once more and we win the two remaining games... (i.e. max 3 points behind the leaders...)

Yes, this is why a draw is ideal today, because we’d cut the lead on 2 teams assuming we win.

Hoping BVB win and then drop other points later is too optimistic.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:49 pm

#12 wrote:I don’t see us winning both Leipzig and Gladbach at home... Plus we traditionally drop points at Dortmund and Neverkusen - and dropping points is what we've done WAAAAYYY too mich already...

Not necessarily. You’re assuming they’ll all win all their other games which or course is not the case.

I do agree we have a huge uphill battle to fight though and I don’t think we’ll make it to the top first again. Last year was weird.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:01 pm

Not even thinking about Dortmund... You people underestimate Leipzig...
We had the chance to kill them when we didn’t, they are FIERCE away and as you said: last year was very unusual...

Ylonen tends to mock me a lot on this and partly rightfully so... But it was a HUGE anomaly as a decent Rückrunde would’ve been enough for Dortmund...

Now the lead is smaller now, but I definitely think we would need 75+ points to win Bundesliga this season... You do the math...
FC **** LOSERS München!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:50 pm

With that def bvb do not even stand a chance
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:14 pm

What a start for them though
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:24 pm

It's always been about us and nothing but us. So our chances to win the title even if we are 15 points behind the leading team would be very high. :mrgreen: That's why I'm no longer getting upset or angry at all. :P
The best possible solution to force our management to fill the missing links in our season's squad is to lose in all fronts, end up without a single trophy and invest big and in 4-5 new players in one summer. But our Bundesliga "competition" - DAAAAAAAAAAMN! They simply can't win die Schale, können sie? :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

2019/20 Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:45 pm

3-2 BvB vs Leipzig 55’
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:49 pm

Wtf is going on haha
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby theundead » Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:57 pm

Werner has scored the same number of goals as lewy in buli now :o

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
theundead
I post all the time

National Flag:
Pakistan

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:10 pm

3-3 BvB vs RB Leipzig 78’
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga