You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2018/19 Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

Re: 2018/19 Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Postby MUTU » Sun May 05, 2019 6:58 am

YlonenXabi wrote:
#12 wrote:THIS is how a title contender plays! 5 minutes, GAME OVER...

And our alleged WC struggles against Hannover and Nuremberg...

What?

#12 doesn't count the chickens before they are hatched; he counts them before the eggs are even laid.

@YlonenXabi can you please look at your private messages on the forum?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby bastos80 » Sun May 05, 2019 9:43 am

YlonenXabi wrote:
#12 wrote:THIS is how a title contender plays! 5 minutes, GAME OVER...

And our alleged WC struggles against Hannover and Nuremberg...

What?

bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Sun May 05, 2019 4:49 pm

Agreed...

Not really a reason to be proud though...
Kovac OUT!!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby klinsmann » Sun May 05, 2019 5:37 pm

WTF is going on at BayArena
There is no right or wrong,
only yes and no. The rest are just bullshit.
klinsmann
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Sun May 05, 2019 5:39 pm

Leverkusen ... are in the ucl spots!
E.Frankfurt will be on fire against us...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Sun May 05, 2019 5:41 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Leverkusen ... are in the ucl spots!

Frankfurt are still 4th. Leverkusen need to score 3 more :lol:
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby shpati_L1 » Sun May 05, 2019 5:46 pm

What is going on though?
Again, it's Leverkusen so it's probably going to end 6-6.
shpati_L1
2016/17 & 2012/13 Prediction Games Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Albania

Postby #12 » Sun May 05, 2019 5:52 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Leverkusen ... are in the ucl spots!

Well, if they play like this, they have to or else even we would destroy them in two digits ...
Kovac OUT!!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Sun May 05, 2019 6:05 pm

Also BMG are back in it... and they play bvb in the last match
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby aterford » Mon May 06, 2019 5:18 pm

Hi all, a couple days late (new job schedule got me all turned around) but here's another quick survey for your enjoyment: https://forms.gle/cPVui5C8tc6dCnWm7
Operation ten Hag 2k20
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby nm462272 » Wed May 08, 2019 2:24 pm

Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby IsiahRashad » Wed May 08, 2019 5:59 pm

We all should read and share his work:

https://www.linkedin.com/today/author/p ... es_see_all

He's got excellent articles, and he is obviously one of the few people in the higher soccer circles who live in the present. I think he's well aware of the situation in the Bundesliga and how the league is getting weaker and weark with each season.

Look at this:

When avoiding change prohibits success [source]

"Success is a delicate matter. It is sweet. It opens up new possibilities. But it also creates new challenges.

One of my most important experiences is that it is nearly impossible to be successful twice in the same way.

The example of the German national football team shows this very clearly. Since we became world champions in Brazil in 2014, none of the players who play for Germany have forgotten how to kick. Also, the coaching team still knows which tactical tricks and motivation to use to bring out the best of our players' abilities.

To understand what happened differently from the World Cup in Brazil to the World Cup in Russia, it's worth taking a look at a few small but important background details.

The generation of players that formed the framework of the team in 2014 had been trained in youth performance centres, but still lived at home with their families. In other words, they were not only football-trained by the coaches of the performance centres, but also influenced by their families. For me, an essential cornerstone of this family background is the view of the whole: for the family, but also for the respective team of which you are a part.

Today's generation is one hundred percent from youth performance centres. The young men train, play and live in the performance centre. Their ambitions are clearly defined: they want to become professionals. They want careers like their famous role models. They want to rise socially. They want to make money. A fifteen-year-old player living at FC Bayern in the youth performance centre has no other goal than to sign a professional contract as soon as possible.

A career like that of my long-time colleague and teammate Miroslav Klose, for example, would not be possible today. Klose completed a traineeship as a carpenter and played for 1. FC Kaiserslautern’s amateur football team before becoming a Bundesliga professional and eventually completing his first match for the national team as a 23-year-old. The fact that a 23-year-old debutant could rise to become the record scorer of the German national team is an unlikely success story. It seems like a completely different time.

The professionals of today's generation are completely different. That should not surprise anyone. The different origins of their families and their cultural influences may also play a certain role, but I consider the education system to be more important. The young athlete almost inevitably grows up to be an egoist. For them, the most important questions are:

- How do I progress?

- What helps my career?

- Which circumstances are best for me?

The view of the bigger picture and the individual’s responsibility for the team as a performance motive is sliding into the background.

That does not necessarily have to be a problem, but it needs to be handled competently: These players need a much tighter leadership than the generation before.

Because football is and remains a team sport, it is the task of the coaches to help the players identify the needs of the team at all times.

This not only includes the behavior on the field, but of course, also off it. The coaching team must motivate and steer their individuals. If they do not move in the direction the coaches want them to go, they need to be sent a clear message.

This clear address was needed, for example, at the time of the affair surrounding Mesut Özil and İlkay Gündoğan sharing a photo with Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan. Özil (and initially also Gündoğan) felt no need to speak out and explain themselves in public. This necessity should have been communicated quickly and clearly in order to improve the harmony portrayed to the outside - and to the inside.

This clear address was omitted. The coaching team relied on the fact that the successful leadership culture of the past is enough to be successful once again.

Often it does not take much to get a team back on track after a surprising failure. Leadership means dealing with the situation head-on, as well as re-assessing your own methods, putting them to the test.

I am convinced that Jogi Löw has to change his collegial leadership style of recent years if he wants to succeed again with the new generation of internationals. This is not a sign of weakness, but of further development. He must show individuals that they are responsible for the entire team. He must establish a culture of tighter, clearer decisions than he was previously accustomed to. If he succeeds, I am very optimistic about the future of our team."

I want him in charge of Bayern, but it's going to be even better if he can have a leading role in the DFL. It's going to be a win-win situation.
Kovac OUT!!!

IsiahRashad

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby ramsej84 » Wed May 08, 2019 6:02 pm

easy - give more non existant penalties to the bayern opponents
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Wed May 08, 2019 7:51 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:

We all should read and share his work:

https://www.linkedin.com/today/author/p ... es_see_all

He's got excellent articles, and he is obviously one of the few people in the higher soccer circles who live in the present. I think he's well aware of the situation in the Bundesliga and how the league is getting weaker and weark with each season.

Look at this:

When avoiding change prohibits success [source]

"Success is a delicate matter. It is sweet. It opens up new possibilities. But it also creates new challenges.

One of my most important experiences is that it is nearly impossible to be successful twice in the same way.

The example of the German national football team shows this very clearly. Since we became world champions in Brazil in 2014, none of the players who play for Germany have forgotten how to kick. Also, the coaching team still knows which tactical tricks and motivation to use to bring out the best of our players' abilities.

To understand what happened differently from the World Cup in Brazil to the World Cup in Russia, it's worth taking a look at a few small but important background details.

The generation of players that formed the framework of the team in 2014 had been trained in youth performance centres, but still lived at home with their families. In other words, they were not only football-trained by the coaches of the performance centres, but also influenced by their families. For me, an essential cornerstone of this family background is the view of the whole: for the family, but also for the respective team of which you are a part.

Today's generation is one hundred percent from youth performance centres. The young men train, play and live in the performance centre. Their ambitions are clearly defined: they want to become professionals. They want careers like their famous role models. They want to rise socially. They want to make money. A fifteen-year-old player living at FC Bayern in the youth performance centre has no other goal than to sign a professional contract as soon as possible.

A career like that of my long-time colleague and teammate Miroslav Klose, for example, would not be possible today. Klose completed a traineeship as a carpenter and played for 1. FC Kaiserslautern’s amateur football team before becoming a Bundesliga professional and eventually completing his first match for the national team as a 23-year-old. The fact that a 23-year-old debutant could rise to become the record scorer of the German national team is an unlikely success story. It seems like a completely different time.

The professionals of today's generation are completely different. That should not surprise anyone. The different origins of their families and their cultural influences may also play a certain role, but I consider the education system to be more important. The young athlete almost inevitably grows up to be an egoist. For them, the most important questions are:

- How do I progress?

- What helps my career?

- Which circumstances are best for me?

The view of the bigger picture and the individual’s responsibility for the team as a performance motive is sliding into the background.

That does not necessarily have to be a problem, but it needs to be handled competently: These players need a much tighter leadership than the generation before.

Because football is and remains a team sport, it is the task of the coaches to help the players identify the needs of the team at all times.

This not only includes the behavior on the field, but of course, also off it. The coaching team must motivate and steer their individuals. If they do not move in the direction the coaches want them to go, they need to be sent a clear message.

This clear address was needed, for example, at the time of the affair surrounding Mesut Özil and İlkay Gündoğan sharing a photo with Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan. Özil (and initially also Gündoğan) felt no need to speak out and explain themselves in public. This necessity should have been communicated quickly and clearly in order to improve the harmony portrayed to the outside - and to the inside.

This clear address was omitted. The coaching team relied on the fact that the successful leadership culture of the past is enough to be successful once again.

Often it does not take much to get a team back on track after a surprising failure. Leadership means dealing with the situation head-on, as well as re-assessing your own methods, putting them to the test.

I am convinced that Jogi Löw has to change his collegial leadership style of recent years if he wants to succeed again with the new generation of internationals. This is not a sign of weakness, but of further development. He must show individuals that they are responsible for the entire team. He must establish a culture of tighter, clearer decisions than he was previously accustomed to. If he succeeds, I am very optimistic about the future of our team."

I want him in charge of Bayern, but it's going to be even better if he can have a leading role in the DFL. It's going to be a win-win situation.

Screw DFL - we all want to play a role in Europe again, let DFL find their own legends à la Rauball, not take ours!
Kovac OUT!!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Borusse » Wed May 08, 2019 10:26 pm

I'll tell you what's going to happen in the next two matchdays:

1. Dortmund wins at home against Dusseldorf
2. Bayern loses to Leipzig
3. Bayern draws against Frankfurt
4. Dortmund draw against Gladbach

Bayern become champions

100% certain.
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga