You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2018/19 Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

Re: 2018/19 Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Postby #12 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:15 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
#12 wrote:Twice as many goals... It’s no coincidence... They also have defensive problems... But if Kovac doesn’t fix our offense soon, they will widen the gap...

To be fair they scored 7 in one game. Hardly a better goal difference in your average game.

Yes... But we used to be able to do this too...

Do you honestly see us scoring big right now? Takes a lot of phantasy for me...

Definitely not Gladbach... But we need to win by all means...

I just think they look sharper on offense than us...
- Rangnick or ten Hag in!
- Bring a DM, a winger (Sané) and Havertz!
- Get a REAL sports director (Rangnick?)!
- Keep Hoeness and Rummenigge far away from the team!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby aterford » Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:54 pm

Our finishing is crap, that's for sure.
Though I think it also bears mentioning that across all competitions we've scored 20 in 9 games and Dortmund have scored 22 in 8...
Operation ten Hag 2k20: Commence!
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:41 pm

aterford wrote:Our finishing is crap, that's for sure.
Though I think it also bears mentioning that across all competitions we've scored 20 in 9 games and Dortmund have scored 22 in 8...

The thing that gets me so worked up is not finishing, it’s the lack of it... We are unable to create clear cut opportunities... When the keeper's having the game if the year, ok... But Kraft is anything but good and he didn’t even need to break a sweat...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby America USA » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:14 am

ramsej84 wrote:Including some here in the forum ... who claim that they are bayern supporters

Yes indeed! No true fan would want his team to lose a trophy for the sake of “competitiveness” I can guarantee you that no Manchester United or Real Madrid or Juventus fan would want to lose the league even if they win it 6-7 years on the bounce.

I am a simple supporter, I want Bayern to win every single game every single time. No matter how insignificant the game might be, Bayern winning always puts a smile on my face. I can never imagine wanting Bayern to lose a game ever!
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:16 am

America USA wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:Including some here in the forum ... who claim that they are bayern supporters

Yes indeed! No true fan would want his team to lose a trophy for the sake of “competitiveness” I can guarantee you that no Manchester United or Real Madrid or Juventus fan would want to lose the league even if they win it 6-7 years on the bounce.

I am a simple supporter, I want Bayern to win every single game every single time. No matter how insignificant the game might be, Bayern winning always puts a smile on my face. I can never imagine wanting Bayern to lose a game ever!

Agreed... Yet these people reserve the right to call others "not real fans"
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby aterford » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:48 am

#12 wrote:

The thing that gets me so worked up is not finishing, it’s the lack of it... We are unable to create clear cut opportunities... When the keeper's having the game if the year, ok... But Kraft is anything but good and he didn’t even need to break a sweat...

Perhaps i didn't say it right or maybe we just have different interpretations for 'finishing'. What I mean by that is a.) putting shots on the goal and b.) actually finishing chances, i.e. scoring them. (I don't mean that to come off as condescending or like I'm talking to you like a child, just don't know how else to phrase it haha).
So when we look at the last two matches....40 shots total, but only 13 on target, and only 1 goal scored....So it seems that we're getting some decent opportunities, but then just throw them away. And don't get me started on Ribery, where good attacking opportunities go to die....I can respect and admit that Franck still can make some decent runs and still has some raw speed, but i swear every time we have a good attack starting to build up, he receives the ball and it dies on the spot......
Operation ten Hag 2k20: Commence!
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:53 am

Just been to a place and the first person I see was a little boy wearing a bvb...
kit. With the name of the one I hate most, Reus
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:19 am

aterford wrote:
#12 wrote:

Perhaps i didn't say it right or maybe we just have different interpretations for 'finishing'. What I mean by that is a.) putting shots on the goal and b.) actually finishing chances, i.e. scoring them. (I don't mean that to come off as condescending or like I'm talking to you like a child, just don't know how else to phrase it haha).
So when we look at the last two matches....40 shots total, but only 13 on target, and only 1 goal scored....So it seems that we're getting some decent opportunities, but then just throw them away. And don't get me started on Ribery, where good attacking opportunities go to die....I can respect and admit that Franck still can make some decent runs and still has some raw speed, but i swear every time we have a good attack starting to build up, he receives the ball and it dies on the spot......

Ok I agree on that... In order to talk about a "good game" a team like this in Bundesliga must have AT LEAST 5 dangerous shots ON GOAL...
It’s no surprise really as the only people believing an attack gets better magically when getting old are Uli and Kalle... Even blind supporters on here have expressed doubt about them...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:20 am

ramsej84 wrote:Just been to a place and the first person I see was a little boy wearing a bvb...
kit. With the name of the one I hate most, Reus

Credit where credit is due: they gave had a much tougher gameplan already...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby IsiahRashad » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:35 pm

IsiahRashad

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Borusse » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:14 am

I'm not getting excited just yet, the season has barely started. Besides, I still doubt we will be able to pull of a score of 80+ points and that is probably what it will take to challenge Bayern.

But I'm happy our attacking play is improving. Paco has been an absolutely fantastic signing, he's perfect for Favreball, he likes playing short passes, move around the pitch and makes good runs. Smart player and he will score a lot of goals for us this season (if he stays healthy that is).

Also Reus started playing as a playmaker again and his game has improved instantly.

We also have Sancho doing an amazing job as a sub, hopefully he will play more and more as the season progresses.

Interesting time to be a Dortmund fan for sure.
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

National Flag:
Poland

Postby America USA » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:55 am

#12 wrote:We also got penalties, and one was debatable, and Ribéry was CLEARLY offside... Did you even watch a replay?
It’s not why offside was invented, but it WAS offside... Pathetic to cry about this

This is why your posting is crap. It was Muller (the one providing the assist) who was ruled offside and not Ribery :lol:

I don’t think Muller was offside. Benefit of the doubt goes to the attacker (Thorgan Hazard last year for Monchengladbach at home against us) unless it’s Bayern in the BL :roll:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby MUTU » Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:58 pm

^ If this is the last frame before the ball left his foot, Mueller is clearly offside.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:22 pm

America USA wrote:
#12 wrote:We also got penalties, and one was debatable, and Ribéry was CLEARLY offside... Did you even watch a replay?
It’s not why offside was invented, but it WAS offside... Pathetic to cry about this

This is why your posting is crap. It was Muller (the one providing the assist) who was ruled offside and not Ribery :lol:

I don’t think Muller was offside. Benefit of the doubt goes to the attacker (Thorgan Hazard last year for Monchengladbach at home against us) unless it’s Bayern in the BL :roll:

I guess that’s why your vision is crap...

Get a pair of glasses!

Also, I was talking about another situation apparently...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby America USA » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:13 am

MUTU wrote:^ If this is the last frame before the ball left his foot, Mueller is clearly offside.

How so ? It is anything but “clearly” offside. Ronaldo’s goal against Bayern in 2017 in ET was “clearly” offside. This one is touch and go.

#12 wrote:
I guess that’s why your vision is crap...

Get a pair of glasses!

If I was a snowflake I would have reported this post as a “personal” attack but since I’m not I’ll let this slide. Also, I suggest you to make better use of your time online than diagnosing random strangers you’ll never know IRL with “crap” vision.
America USA
I'm a post king!

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga