You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2018/19 Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

Re: 2018/19 Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:54 pm

They have the Ruhr derby at home this week, an away match to Bremen and another away match to Gladbach as well.

We will play Eintracht at home. A team that not only we've beaten twice this season (both away from home) but also they will have their minds on the EL semi finals. Or at least it will surely take a toll on them

Again, I'm not saying we will 100% win the league as Dortmund has chances as well. But how on Earth can you say they are the strong favourites, mate? :^o :^o :^o :^o :^o :^o :^o :^o :^o :^o :^o :^o :^o :^o :^o :^o :^o :^o :^o :^o :^o :^o :^o :^o :^o

And the funny thing is that a couple of weeks ago they won by 1 in the final minutes and you said it was a - championesque - way of winning games.

The following week we crushed them 5-0 at home

And then we won 1-0 in what it should have been called a - championeseque - way of winning based on your standards BUT this time we suck

You are not being objective, #12 [-X
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Borusse » Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:20 pm

Yeah, I agree with YlonenXabi, the pessimism is way over the top.

Not even taking into consideration that Leipzig have a 9 point advantage over the fourth place and will be playing for fun even more so than Bremen will. I don't see any reason to call Dortmund favourites, it's an uphill battle for BVB now, though not impossible.
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby #12 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:49 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:They have the Ruhr derby at home this week, an away match to Bremen and another away match to Gladbach as well.

We will play Eintracht at home. A team that not only we've beaten twice this season (both away from home) but also they will have their minds on the EL semi finals. Or at least it will surely take a toll on them

Again, I'm not saying we will 100% win the league as Dortmund has chances as well. But how on Earth can you say they are the strong favourites, mate? :^o :^o :^o :^o :^o :^o :^o :^o :^o :^o :^o :^o :^o :^o :^o :^o :^o :^o :^o :^o :^o :^o :^o :^o :^o

And the funny thing is that a couple of weeks ago they won by 1 in the final minutes and you said it was a - championesque - way of winning games.

The following week we crushed them 5-0 at home

And then we won 1-0 in what it should have been called a - championeseque - way of winning based on your standards BUT this time we suck

You are not being objective, #12 [-X

You know what, maybe I'm not...

They didn’t play 10 men though...
And championesque was less tgeir style of play, but their ability to win shit matches, while we don’t even win decent matches at times (read: Freiburg)...

Schalke are a joke... They got handed 5 at home by Hoffenheim... How are they supposed to take anything from Dortmund?
The EL semifinals will be long over by the time we play them... Maybe if they make the final...

I really feel they are favorites, but I admit I'm hoping for a title again after already forfeiting it months ago - still think it'll come true though...
- Rangnick or ten Hag in!
- Bring a DM, a winger (Sané) and Havertz!
- Get a REAL sports director (Rangnick?)!
- Keep Hoeness and Rummenigge far away from the team!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:00 pm

Borusse wrote:Yeah, I agree with YlonenXabi, the pessimism is way over the top.

Not even taking into consideration that Leipzig have a 9 point advantage over the fourth place and will be playing for fun even more so than Bremen will. I don't see any reason to call Dortmund favourites, it's an uphill battle for BVB now, though not impossible.

It’s Leipzig... Versus BAYERN...

I doubt Bremen have much business with Dortmund...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:51 pm

As from next season.... there won't be anymore Mon night games
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:29 am

ramsej84 wrote:As from next season.... there won't be anymore Mon night games

Ohhh yes! :D After La Liga it didn't take more than 2 seasons to see this ending in Bundesliga.
Maybe we'll see very soon Friday matches as something in past tense as well. :D I guess La Liga has to do it first and then Germans who follow them. I'm not going to be surprised if Italians make it so, too.
Football fans' voice is that decides all this and it's up to national FAs and league associations are there to obey to it.
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:42 am

Yes and also the Sunday games at 18'00 should be removed...

They should concentrate the games around Sat and Sun...

Maybe move the majority for Sat @ 16.00 & one game for 14'00

& Sun one game @ 14 & two more @ 16
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:22 pm

I used to like the old schedule Sat/Sun from the late 90's and entire 2000's. The only thing I like about this Saturday is 18:30h derby match while Sunday must be somehow modified and reformed to look also more attractive than ever before. Sunday in Bundesliga always used to be predominantly stupid, irrelevant and the whole concentration used to go to Premier League, Serie A and La Liga both afternoon and evening matches.
Nevertheless, Bundesliga is still the only league that has 18 clubs instead of 20. Italians were the last ones who changed that, expanded the league up to 20 clubs in year 2004. Even Frenchies did that 2 years before Italians.
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:58 pm

if I am not mistaken Italy might go back to 18

P.S our little island has 14 teams in the top tier! :roll:
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Borusse » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:06 pm

Would be nice if we could see three different matches on Saturday in the future. 13:30, 15:30 and 18:30 for example.
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby RedQueen » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:26 pm

#12 wrote:

There's quite a bit of speculation that Rangnick will hold his cards close to his chest in this game, in order to not give Kovac any insight helping him in the DfB cup final. If there's nothing to be gained from that game for them on MD 33 - which seems quite likely - this isn't implausible at all. Provided we beat Bremen tonight, of course.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:41 pm

RedQueen wrote:
#12 wrote:

There's quite a bit of speculation that Rangnick will hold his cards close to his chest in this game, in order to not give Kovac any insight helping him in the DfB cup final. If there's nothing to be gained from that game for them on MD 33 - which seems quite likely - this isn't implausible at all. Provided we beat Bremen tonight, of course.

Like Kovac could figure it out
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby RedQueen » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:35 pm

#12 wrote:
RedQueen wrote:
#12 wrote:

Like Kovac could figure it out

Doesn't matter whether Kovac could figure it out. Rangnick said after the game yesterday that now they have 3 1/2 to 4 weeks time to prepare for the Pokal final. Should tell you where their priorities lie.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:49 am

B04 v Augsburg ...
all scorers for the aspirins came from Germans - that is a big rarity ...
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:21 pm

Dortmund 1-2 Schalke (HT) :coffee:
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga