You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2018/19 Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

Re: 2018/19 Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Postby MoFattal » Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:18 am

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if Kovac goes into his "tactical nerd" mode and lose us points over the next few weeks. However, I do think that Dortmund are sh1t enough to lose even more points. The league is ours, unless the players lose it intentionally.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Borusse » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:51 pm

MoFattal wrote:To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if Kovac goes into his "tactical nerd" mode and lose us points over the next few weeks. However, I do think that Dortmund are sh1t enough to lose even more points. The league is ours, unless the players lose it intentionally.

I highly doubt we're going to win the next 6 games.
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:14 pm

It's far from over and Bayern have a lot of work to do and must show up in all of the remaining games, but I stick by my prediction that we will win the league because we didn't lose yesterday.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:46 pm

U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby aterford » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:05 pm

I must say the same thing that I have always said....

It's true that Bayern buys players from teams they see as a threat but I think also because they believe those players can help them win titles. If they come from BL teams, so be it (I think in many cases it is not so much that we want to weaken other BL teams but rather that it's simply easier for us to get BL players than those from other leagues), but that's not always the case, of course.

On the other hand the same is largely true of Dortmund. They buy players from other Bundesliga clubs for the same exact reason: because they believe it will give them better chances at competing for a trophy and/or they believe it will at least ensure they stay the next-best team behind Bayern (and I mean no disrespect to BVB in saying this).

So the simple matter is this: Bayern might buy BL players to ensure first place, but Dortmund buys BL players to ensure second place and fight for first. And if we're being honest: we all know if BVB had the "pull" (both financially and attractionally) to get the same players Bayern has bought from the BL...they would do the exact same thing. We all know BVB sure wouldn't refuse to sign Süle, Gnabry, Mandzukic, Kimmich, etc just because they don't want to buy from league rivals. They've got no problem with that. Rather it's either a.) Bayern can pay more or b.) Bayern gives them a better shot at titles or c.) they simply prefer the move to Bayern over Dortmund (or some combination). But let's not pretend it's for moral reasons that Dortmund doesn't make these same purchases.

It is what it is. It's the nature of the game. I'm not mad at Bayern for buying from BL rivals and I'm not mad at Dortmund for doing the same. But it's really quite annoying to see Dortmund supporters pretend they're some paragon of virtue and that their hands are totally clean and they've got some moral superiority over Bayern. That's just not reality-based.
Operation ten Hag 2k20: Commence!
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:04 pm

aterford wrote:but that's not always the case, of course.

Is it not? When have we bought someone who we did not think would help us win? I don't think even Rudy and Rode should count there. They didn't play because we were overcrowded rather than not being good enough. I don't think we bought them just to weaken rivals.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:59 pm

There are only two teams in Europe's best leagues that have scored at least one goal in every single league game.

PSG and ... Werder Bremen :coffee:

Florian Kohfeldt =D> =D> =D> =D>
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby YlonenXabi » Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:08 pm

ramsej84 wrote:https://twitter.com/Torlisso/status/1115174897444167680?s=19

BvB taking players from their rivals...

The silence is deafening...

https://twitter.com/SchweiniSzn/status/ ... 01216?s=19

That's a very good one. But I think they should have included free agents (Rudy, Rode, Lewandowski, Goretzka...) with an asterisk.
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby aterford » Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:33 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
aterford wrote:but that's not always the case, of course.

Is it not? When have we bought someone who we did not think would help us win? I don't think even Rudy and Rode should count there. They didn't play because we were overcrowded rather than not being good enough. I don't think we bought them just to weaken rivals.

I just meant as this: "If they come from BL teams, so be it, but that's not always the case, of course" - just that sometimes we mark a non-BL player as the one to improve our side and sometimes it's a BL player. It is what it is.

In general I think there is probably a mix of both. I think it'd probably be a bit naive to think that some signings ARE done with the intention of weakening an opponent (in that if two players are of equal skill level/fit/talent/etc and one happens to play for a 'competitor' or 'rival' we will be more likely to get that one than the other, naturally) but I certainly don't think that's the only reason.
And I think this is largely the case with pretty much any team.
When given the option between:
1. Pay €X and get player A from a non-competitor team (one who is in another league or not close/good enough to be a relevant threat)
2. Pay the same price and get player B - who is just as good as "A" - but who also plays for a rival/competitor/etc
I think pretty much every team would pick option "2" and that's perfectly understandable.
Operation ten Hag 2k20: Commence!
aterford
I'm a post king!

Postby Borusse » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:16 pm

Nobody in their right mind would suggest you'd buy a player just to weaken your rival. Strengthening your own team's quality is a priority of course.

But to be honest, coming back to this discussion every time you or Dortmund or anyone makes a transfer is getting boring and kind of silly. Rational people know that clubs are businesses at the end of the day and they need to get better employees and sometimes that means buying from direct competition. We shouldn't feed the frustrated fans who think otherwise by discussing this again and again. :P
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

National Flag:
Poland

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:17 pm

aterford wrote:I just meant as this: "If they come from BL teams, so be it, but that's not always the case, of course" - just that sometimes we mark a non-BL player as the one to improve our side and sometimes it's a BL player. It is what it is.

In general I think there is probably a mix of both. I think it'd probably be a bit naive to think that some signings ARE done with the intention of weakening an opponent (in that if two players are of equal skill level/fit/talent/etc and one happens to play for a 'competitor' or 'rival' we will be more likely to get that one than the other, naturally) but I certainly don't think that's the only reason.
And I think this is largely the case with pretty much any team.
When given the option between:
1. Pay €X and get player A from a non-competitor team (one who is in another league or not close/good enough to be a relevant threat)
2. Pay the same price and get player B - who is just as good as "A" - but who also plays for a rival/competitor/etc
I think pretty much every team would pick option "2" and that's perfectly understandable.

Had completely misunderstood you. I agree.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:40 pm

I see nobody hasn't commented anything about the matchday 29, yet.

Total debacle of Eintracht in front of their fans today against FC Augsburg, 1-3 defeat. #-o #-o #-o #-o

Instead of keeping their small advantage of +4 points in front of Gladbach, they have done something bad that could eventually cost them heavily, for instance a 4th place and CL spot. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Extremely stupid and unnecessary defeat 5 matchdays before the end of the season that may cost them the CL football next season. [-X [-X [-X [-X

Next 5 matches are against Wolfsburg(A) and Hertha(H), Loserkusen(A), Mainz(H) and a wonderful, final match FC Bayern at Allianz Arena.
You don't know which one of these 3 away matches is worse for them. If they don't beat Wolfsburg and Loserkusen, they can say bye-bye to the Champions League.
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby #12 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:09 pm

Which is good as we want Jovic... But we will get... Werner... Also we wanted deLigt... But we will get... Pavard...
Lastly, we wanted a good winger and DM... And we'll end up with... Probably neither...
- Rangnick or ten Hag in!
- Bring a DM, a winger (Sané) and Havertz!
- Get a REAL sports director (Rangnick?)!
- Keep Hoeness and Rummenigge far away from the team!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:21 am

Pavard AND Lucas

Two starting defenders for the World Champions.

And we are still in April
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:53 am

Fénix wrote:I see nobody hasn't commented anything about the matchday 29, yet.

Total debacle of Eintracht in front of their fans today against FC Augsburg, 1-3 defeat. #-o #-o #-o #-o

Instead of keeping their small advantage of +4 points in front of Gladbach, they have done something bad that could eventually cost them heavily, for instance a 4th place and CL spot. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Extremely stupid and unnecessary defeat 5 matchdays before the end of the season that may cost them the CL football next season. [-X [-X [-X [-X

The game vs Benfica had an impact for sure, especially when you take into consideration that they played with ten men for almost the whole game.
Next 5 matches are against Wolfsburg(A) and Hertha(H), Loserkusen(A), Mainz(H) and a wonderful, final match FC Bayern at Allianz Arena.
You don't know which one of these 3 away matches is worse for them. If they don't beat Wolfsburg and Loserkusen, they can say bye-bye to the Champions League.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga