You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2018/19 Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

Re: 2018/19 Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Postby MUTU » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:56 am

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:05 am

MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:28 am

All I will say (coming from someone who's been criticising our team) is it's easier to make it to the good lists if you're not usually that good and to make it to the bad lists if you're usually the best. Our supposed biggest flops of the Bundesliga are still better than most players in their position in the league.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Machiavellico » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:31 am

How exactly is going from first place to second place, with a gap of 6 points, the second biggest loser in the league?

PE14
Machiavellico
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Romania

Postby MUTU » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:37 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:All I will say (coming from someone who's been criticising our team) is it's easier to make it to the good lists if you're not usually that good and to make it to the bad lists if you're usually the best. Our supposed biggest flops of the Bundesliga are still better than most players in their position in the league.

Machiavellico wrote:How exactly is going from first place to second place, with a gap of 6 points, the second biggest loser in the league?

The word 'flop' means underperforming, i.e. doing worse than expected. Bayern were expected to be in a better place this season than they currently are. Same thing for the players. Hummels, regarded as the best German defender, has lost his place to a 23 year old defender and a struggling Boateng.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:45 am

I find it funny when Bayern still gets criticised for buying players from other Bundesliga clubs, especially after the Götze, Lewandowski, Hummels cases. We will hear a lot of this BS in summer if we get Havertz, Werner or even both

Same people will obviously ignore the fact that pretty much every club does the same thing in their own market. Real Madrid, Bayern, Juventus or even Borussia Dortmund

Their point is that we got 3 of Dortmund's best players and that made Bundesliga become weak. What they don't mention is that those players were gonna leave the team anyways. Since 2016 Dortmund made more than 400M by selling players. Only 35M of those came from Bayern. Prior to that others like Sahin or Kagawa moved to different clubs. And Goetze or Lewandowski would have gone anywhere else too.

I always like to mention Atletico de Madrid and how they bought Diego Forlan, Godin, Vietto, Cani and Rodri from Villarreal. That's 5 players !! :shock:

But then I did some more research and found out that since 2009, FC Barcelona have bought 6 players from Valencia and 6 players from Sevilla :verysurprised:

Valencia: Jordi Alba, Villa, Andre Gomes, Mathieu, Alcacer, Murillo.

Sevilla: Lenglet, Rakitic, Keita, Dani Alves, Adriano, Aleix Vidal

:confused:
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby aterford » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:00 am

Yeah, but ya know, echte liebe and stuff. It doesn't count when Dortmund does it.

As you say: this happens with every top club in every league.
If Bayern "buys" the title, Dortmund does the exact same thing for second place. Simple as that. And I don't think there's any moral high ground to be had here. Surely nobody's REALLY naive enough to believe that Dortmund wouldn't buy the players Bayern buys if they had the means/ability, right??

And I also reject the narrative that the league is "weaker" when a player moves within the league to a "better" team. Like with Götze or Lewy - if not Bayern, they would be elsewhere. If not for injury, Reus probably leaves. So it goes. So we have to ask what's better for the league: For Lewy and Götze to stay in the league with Bayern OR for these players to leave the Bundesliga altogether? I'm of the opinion that maintaining (ideally, improving) the "player quality" in a given league is *always* better than it decreasing, regardless of who said players play for. The league does not improve whatsoever by seeing its best players get sold abroad.
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:02 am

YlonenXabi wrote:I find it funny when Bayern still gets criticised for buying players from other Bundesliga clubs, especially after the Götze, Lewandowski, Hummels cases. We will hear a lot of this BS in summer if we get Havertz, Werner or even both

Same people will obviously ignore the fact that pretty much every club does the same thing in their own market. Real Madrid, Bayern, Juventus or even Borussia Dortmund

Their point is that we got 3 of Dortmund's best players and that made Bundesliga become weak. What they don't mention is that those players were gonna leave the team anyways. Since 2016 Dortmund made more than 400M by selling players. Only 35M of those came from Bayern. Prior to that others like Sahin or Kagawa moved to different clubs. And Goetze or Lewandowski would have gone anywhere else too.

I always like to mention Atletico de Madrid and how they bought Diego Forlan, Godin, Vietto, Cani and Rodri from Villarreal. That's 5 players !! :shock:

But then I did some more research and found out that since 2009, FC Barcelona have bought 6 players from Valencia and 6 players from Sevilla :verysurprised:

Valencia: Jordi Alba, Villa, Andre Gomes, Mathieu, Alcacer, Murillo.

Sevilla: Lenglet, Rakitic, Keita, Dani Alves, Adriano, Aleix Vidal

:confused:
And even Liverpool ... remember that raid on Shampton?

Utd in the past... Keane, Saha, Cantona, Van Persie, Yorke, Andy Cole, Rio F,
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Borusse » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:59 am

Can't argue there really. It's all just business. Bayern will buy from Dortmund, Dortmund will buy from Gladbach, Gladbach will buy from Fortuna Dusseldorf or whatever and Fortuna will buy from 2. Bundesliga. If you want to change that, the answer is not to hate on the bigger fish but become one yourself.
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby DRvad14 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:30 am

DRvad14
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby MUTU » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:34 am

Wow, I'm shocked. I always thought Bayern was by far the most supported club in Germany.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby sherpthederp » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:09 am

MUTU wrote:

Wow, I'm shocked. I always thought Bayern was by far the most supported club in Germany.

They’re similar to the Yankees in the 2000s in American baseball, a powerhouse club that some feel have too much money to compete with. simultaneously one of the most supported and hated clubs in the Buli lol.
sherpthederp
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:32 pm

I am surprised with BMG
I thought that they are third at least....

No fav team? They either support Gala Fener or Besiktas
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:42 pm

Also, it’s BLÖD...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby America USA » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:09 pm

The soccer hipsters on the internet are already becoming unbearable and posting annoying stuff at the thought of Dortmund winning the BL ahead of Bayern. Bayern have to stop this nonsense and win it for a record equal seventh time!
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga