You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2018/19 Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

Re: 2018/19 Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:40 pm

Mourinho to join Schalke? :lol:

I think he will head back to Serie A and probably Inter.
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby DRvad14 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:11 am

DRvad14
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:24 am

YlonenXabi wrote:Mourinho to join Schalke? :lol:

I think he will head back to Serie A and probably Inter.

imagine he joins Milan! there is also Roma who can replace their coach
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:26 am

shame no one considers Malta -
Serie A side Fiorentina are coming here this year.
In the past Milan , Inter, Parma, PSV all came here
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:56 am

ramsej84 wrote:In the past Milan , Inter, Parma, PSV all came here

Also Bayern, no?
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:49 am

Actual shame: Bayern to Doha yet again.... Let’s all insult PSG and Shitty as oily clubs shall we?
- Rangnick or ten Hag in!
- Bring a DM, a winger (Sané) and Havertz!
- Get a REAL sports director (Rangnick?)!
- Keep Hoeness and Rummenigge far away from the team!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:57 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:In the past Milan , Inter, Parma, PSV all came here

Also Bayern, no?

they came yes. Jan 2001 - as a token for our vote for Germany 2006 vote 8)
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:57 am

#12 wrote:Actual shame: Bayern to Doha yet again.... Let’s all insult PSG and Shitty as oily clubs shall we?

I have to agree fully with you here
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Borusse » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:37 am

Moved the discussion from the Frankfurt thread to here:

DRvad14 wrote:
Borusse wrote:
aterford wrote:T
And actually, more than a collapse or decline, I expect an improvement in the second half of the season. Because why in the world would we decline or collapse? .

INJURIES ! Hoping for it

Yes, injury crisis would be terrible but I think it goes for every team. If you lost Lewandowski, Gnabry and Thiago lets say for a couple of months, you would suffer a lot too. That's normal.

aterford wrote:
Borusse wrote:BVB haven't had this much depth for the last 15 years. I am definitely worried about keeping the lead but I'm really not worried about being outside of TOP2. It's going to be Dortmund and Bayern at the top, almost 100% sure of that. So trust me, you don't want BVB winning tomorrow's game.
And actually, more than a collapse or decline, I expect an improvement in the second half of the season. Because why in the world would we decline or collapse? We have a new coach who has lots of ideas and knows his job, mix of experienced and young, talented(!) players and guys hungry for success with strong support of guys like Sebastian Kehl and Matthias Sammer with strong mentalities. This team should only get better over time. And when do you get better mostly? During training and preparations for the season which will now happen in the winter break. I expect Dortmund to actually play at least as good as they did in this round and there is a good chance we will be stronger.

Well, for starters, there's a difference between depth on paper and actual, usable/healthy depth. I think you can admit that judging by BVB's last few performances fatigue is starting to become a factor. And there's a number of 'depth' players who are either injured and unable to play OR have simply been effectively been frozen out by Favre.
Look at tomorrow's match: You have one healthy CB for it, and he's barely been used this season.
At fullback, Pisczcek and Schmelzer have looked clearly off the pace (and that's not meant to be an insult; they're just older and noticeably slowing down). I do rate Hakimi and I like Guerreiro, though he too seems to be one Favre doesn't prefer and when he does play it's usually at midfield rather than fullback. Toljan couldn't buy his way onto the pitch.
Again, on paper there's plenty of midfield depth. But Favre doesn't rate Weigl or Kagawa; Rode's never gonna play, and Dahoud is wildly inconsistent. I do like Delaney okay, and Witsel has been a beast, but they're also ones who have been looking fatigued lately. Götze has been surprisingly good to me, but - like others - he has dropped off a bit, too.
Then up front: Philipp seems to have fallen out of favor. JBL has been declining for a couple weeks now. Wolf doesn't play anymore. Isak has been put into the witness protection program or something, he has utterly disappeared. Pulisic has been having a down year and seems to have one foot out the door. Of course Sancho has been great; Paco has been scoring at a crazy clip, although he seems to be an entirely different player when he starts matches. And then there's Reus, who's been playing great - but I think we also have to acknowledge that he's being used at as high a rate as he ever has, and unfortunately I think it would be unlikely to assume that he won't pick up a knock somewhere along the way.

And then of course there's the bit about how Favre's teams allegedly outperform xG consistently...which...I think has been a biiiiit overstated. There's some truth to this (although I think that "Favre teams outperform xG is a somewhat incomplete conclusion, but..) but we also see that even in light of that Favre's teams' "overperformances" tend to be weighted heavier towards the front half of the year; while it's true to simply say that his teams will perhaps continue to overperform their xG predictions, it's also often the case that we *do* see some regression to the mean, to a degree. As mentioned above, fatigue and injury will certainly play a big factor. Yes, the break will help, but the 'depth' that's being mentioned here is in all likelihood not going to play a major role in the second half of the season unless absolutely necessary.

Of course. that doesn't speak anything to any of Bayern's problems. We have plenty of our own to fix before worrying about any of that. And I don't mean that to just sh*t on Dortmund's squad or manager or anything like that - like I said, I wouldn't expect any "collapse" but I also think that when we consider all factors it's not outrageous to suggest there's a chance that they won't be able to maintain the same level of performance all season that they did for the first half of the season (less the last few weeks, which, again, has been already not at the same level as previous). So, who knows how it will shake out; like I said, Bayern have MANY issues they need to take care of in order for any of this to be relevant at all - if we don't get our stuff in order and keep it there - if we don't keep improving - none of that matters.

Our CB situation is best it's ever been - we have 4 center backs who could play at any time and would put in a good performance. Akanji, Diallo + Toprak, Zagadou, almost every team in the Bundesliga would want Toprak or Zagadou to start for them and they're the 3rd and 4th choice in BVB for now.
Yes, tomorrow we will have only Toprak because everyone got injured at the same time. But those are not long-term injuries and they will be back for the rest of the games. If we wouldn't have depth then today we would field god knows who, probably Weigl and Piszczek but we still have Toprak even though our 3 CENTER BACKS(!!!) can't play. That's awesome in my opinion.

If we look at our squad as a whole:

GK: Burki, Hitz - we're covered there.
RB: Piszczek, Hakimi - Piszczek is playing a very good season, Hakimi is only going to get better.
CB: Akanji, Diallo, Toprak, Zagadou - you can't ask for more than 4 quality center backs.
LB: Schmelzer, Toljan - here we are "just" okay but you can always play Hakimi there or Diallo, Favre showed he has options.
CDM: Witsel, Delaney, Dahoud, Weigl - 3 out of 4 of these players played a lot of games, you're right Dahoud has been inconsistent and Weigl has been dissapointing. But we still won games with them on the pitch, Dahoud was the guy who changed the game against Bayern in the second half for example.
Wingers: Sancho, Guerreiro, Pulisic, Larsen, Wolf - 2 very good wingers, than Pulisic who showed a lot of times he has talent, same with Larsen and they're both 20. Can only get better. Wolf is a solid choice if we're in a crisis.
Attack: Reus, Paco, Gotze, Philipp - strong, not much to say there. Sure Gotze hasn't been great but Gotze's role in the second half of the season shouldn't be that big, it will be Paco and Reus leading the charge.

Not to mention we can always rotate formations and make Dahoud play as a "10" or Gotze as a false "9" or Reus as a winger etc. There are so many options!

In the beginning of the season we had to play without Paco, Sancho was coming from the bench and we weren't compact as a team. If you watch our game against let's say Frankfurt where we won 3-1 from September and then you switch to the game against Bremen from last weekend you will say HUUUUGE progress in our game even though the score doesn't show it. We were completely lost against Frankfurt, playing silly passes and only individual brilliance of Sancho and Paco got us the win. Against Bremen we were an actual team. Time is a factor that works in our favour, not against us.

On paper this squad it's the best squad we've had (as a whole, our first eleven from 12/13 season was probably stronger) in many, many years. Yes, some players are a dissapointment in practise and it's unclear if we will be able to rely on them but isn't this just normal state of things when you have so many players? There will always be guys who are out of form at some stage of the season. Like in your team Boateng is not playing well, Muller is criticized etc., you know Bayern better so you will be able to tell who's not doing well but you know what I mean.
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby bastos80 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:13 pm

There's a good chance that we can reduce the gap to Dortmund by a big margin in the next 2 games, as BVB are playing Gladbach tonight with a CB pairing most likely containing Toprak and Piszczek. They're playing RB on the first game of the year.
However, there's also a danger that the gap will be bigger than before as we're playing Frankfurt and Hoffenheim.
-------- Lewandowski
--- Sané ------------ Havertz
------------- Tolisso
------- Thiago - Goretzka
Alaba - Lucas -- Süle - Kimmich
-------------- Neuer

Coach: Erik ten Hag
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby America USA » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:22 pm

bastos80 wrote:There's a good chance that we can reduce the gap to Dortmund by a big margin in the next 2 games, as BVB are playing Gladbach tonight with a CB pairing most likely containing Toprak and Piszczek. They're playing RB on the first game of the year.
However, there's also a danger that the gap will be bigger than before as we're playing Frankfurt and Hoffenheim.

Sad days when Bayern fans are afraid of losing to those two teams (not insulting them btw)

A club with UCL ambitions and who have Liverpool next should be able to beat Frankfurt and Hoffenheim (even away) but this is the level we are at right now. It’s pathetic really :(
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby YlonenXabi » Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:33 pm

We've been getting used to win the league by +15 points for quite some time, but that's not how things usually work in football. Away legue games are always tough
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Borusse » Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:22 pm

Yeah, it is interesting though. I feel like if, for example, Bayern drew a team like Hoffenheim in Champions League knock-out phase and would be playing an away game there, Bayern would absolutely crush Hoffenheim and win convincingly. But if it's an away league game, I don't think the exact same rules apply and Hoffenheim would be able to get an occasional win or a draw. Players during league games, even though they are focused and all that, they don't necessarly have the same mindset and it makes them to drop points sometimes. And there are probably other reasons as well. That's why even the absolute best teams in history weren't able to win all their league games or stay unbeaten in most cases despite being favourites in every individual league game.
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby bastos80 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:55 pm

Let's not forget that we're still the best away team in the league ;)
-------- Lewandowski
--- Sané ------------ Havertz
------------- Tolisso
------- Thiago - Goretzka
Alaba - Lucas -- Süle - Kimmich
-------------- Neuer

Coach: Erik ten Hag
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:27 pm

Toprak Weigl Pizsceck at the back
Other than that the usual team.

I predict a 2-2
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga