You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2018/19 Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

Re: 2018/19 Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:21 pm

Exactly ...

At the end of the day everything will fall in its place...

Dortmund will win the league as we decided to let them win it ... after seven yrs.

We will be Runners up.

The Bulls behind us

With the 4th position up for grabs
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Borusse » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:55 pm

If BVB at least stay on this level of performance (but hopefully improve) and Bayern makes good transfers and hires a strong coach then next season might be very, very exciting with potential for both teams to reach 80+ points. That would be great for Bundesliga to see serious title races. Bayern will be favourites to win pretty much always but that's okay. :P Hopefully we can make it a challenge in the future and this season is not just a one-off.

But I'm still worried about this season, we're still not halfway through the campaign, I'm not used to thinking the league is in the bag at the start of December like you guys. :mrgreen: What if Bayern makes a strong run of games? You're still very capable of doing that. We're the favourites at this point in the season with +9 but I'm still far from celebrating winning the league.
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby #12 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:58 pm

Borusse wrote:Leipzig outplayed Gladbach today and won the game quite comfortably. These are the kind of tough tactical matches that show the limitations Dieter Hecking has as a coach.

That's why Gladbach won't be big with him in charge as I mentioned in the Gladbach thread. They have a very decent team and they're going to win many games just because of the talent they have but they're going to struggle against teams with a good plan to counter them. Parking the bus or high organised pressing, both can work against Gladbach.

And that's also why I believe Leipzig is going to finish 3rd in the league behind BVB and Bayern (#12 incoming saying Bayern is not going to finish TOP2 :D ) and Gladbach should finish 4th.

Also Wolfsburg is playing solid and it's weird because their coach is Bruno Labbadia. :D I wonder how long that one will last.

Yes we won’t... Both Gladbach and Leipzig are better and more stable... Frankfurt play better than us too but are too inexperienced...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:59 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Exactly ...

At the end of the day everything will fall in its place...

Dortmund will win the league as we decided to let them win it ... after seven yrs.

We will be Runners up.

The Bulls behind us

With the 4th position up for grabs

Yeah we "decided"... Will be interesting to see what we "decide" for 2020...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:01 am

Borusse wrote:If BVB at least stay on this level of performance (but hopefully improve) and Bayern makes good transfers and hires a strong coach then next season might be very, very exciting with potential for both teams to reach 80+ points. That would be great for Bundesliga to see serious title races. Bayern will be favourites to win pretty much always but that's okay. :P Hopefully we can make it a challenge in the future and this season is not just a one-off.

But I'm still worried about this season, we're still not halfway through the campaign, I'm not used to thinking the league is in the bag at the start of December like you guys. :mrgreen: What if Bayern makes a strong run of games? You're still very capable of doing that. We're the favourites at this point in the season with +9 but I'm still far from celebrating winning the league.

We could win all remaining games - which is HIGHLY unlikely - and you‘d still lead by 6 points... You will win it 15+ ahead of us... And as I said, we won’t be second...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:02 am

#12 wrote:
Borusse wrote:If BVB at least stay on this level of performance (but hopefully improve) and Bayern makes good transfers and hires a strong coach then next season might be very, very exciting with potential for both teams to reach 80+ points. That would be great for Bundesliga to see serious title races. Bayern will be favourites to win pretty much always but that's okay. Hopefully we can make it a challenge in the future and this season is not just a one-off.

We could win all remaining games - which is HIGHLY unlikely - and you‘d still lead by 6 points... You will win it 15+ ahead of us... And as I said, we won’t be second...
So bvb are going to win all their remaining games bar ours... ?

Wow
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Borusse » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:17 am

I appreciate the faith he has in BVB though, thanks man! :D
Borusse

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby #12 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:17 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
#12 wrote:
Borusse wrote:If BVB at least stay on this level of performance (but hopefully improve) and Bayern makes good transfers and hires a strong coach then next season might be very, very exciting with potential for both teams to reach 80+ points. That would be great for Bundesliga to see serious title races. Bayern will be favourites to win pretty much always but that's okay. Hopefully we can make it a challenge in the future and this season is not just a one-off.

So bvb are going to win all their remaining games bar ours... ?

Wow

Admittedly, my wording was... shit

I meant that it’s 6 points they would still need to drop...

They’re not gonna win all games, but I doubt they’ll lose even 3... They will go unbeaten in Hinrunde...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:24 pm

#12 wrote:Admittedly, my wording was... shit

They’re not gonna win all games, but I doubt they’ll lose even 3... They will go unbeaten in Hinrunde...

And then they'd suffer some important injuries in areas where they don't have depth (i.e. the defensive departments), and you'll be "but this", "but that"... basically like you were last year. Need I remind you? "But I didn't know that we would replace Ancelotti with Heynckes".

You made a prediction, fine. It spells doomsday against Bayern, typical of you but let's just leave it at that. My issue is this: don't try to push it as a definite 100% and argue with anyone who has a different prediction/opinion. It's not. It's still mathematically possible for us to be 3 points clear at the top of the Bundesliga table before Christmas Day. Don't forget that. Therefore it's not completely out of this world for us to be 1 point clear at the top of the table on 18th May. A lot can happen in football.

By the way, if we had won every match in the Bundesliga, BVB would have dropped 9 points from their first 13 matches. While they were in top form. Does that number 9 ring a bell?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

2018/19 Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Postby #12 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:56 pm

MUTU wrote:
#12 wrote:Admittedly, my wording was... shit

And then they'd suffer some important injuries in areas where they don't have depth (i.e. the defensive departments), and you'll be "but this", "but that"... basically like you were last year. Need I remind you? "But I didn't know that we would replace Ancelotti with Heynckes".

You made a prediction, fine. It spells doomsday against Bayern, typical of you but let's just leave it at that. My issue is this: don't try to push it as a definite 100% and argue with anyone who has a different prediction/opinion. It's not. It's still mathematically possible for us to be 3 points clear at the top of the Bundesliga table before Christmas Day. Don't forget that. Therefore it's not completely out of this world for us to be 1 point clear at the top of the table on 18th May. A lot can happen in football.

By the way, if we had won every match in the Bundesliga, BVB would have dropped 9 points from their first 13 matches. While they were in top form. Does that number 9 ring a bell?

Yeah right like we would even win 6 or 7 in a row... Dream on... Maybe it’s not 100 - it’s far more than 95 though... It has never been pulled of, even against teams WAY less stable...

And don’t YOU lecture me on excuses, you’re my king in that field...!

It was not an excuse it was an explanation... And it was something extraordinary happening... Much more unlikely twice in a row...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:30 pm

#12 wrote:Yeah right like we would even win 6 or 7 in a row

May I remind you the first 7 matches? :lol:

#12 wrote:It has never been pulled of

Yeah, neither was 6 titles in a row.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:54 pm

MUTU wrote:
#12 wrote:Yeah right like we would even win 6 or 7 in a row

May I remind you the first 7 matches? :lol:

#12 wrote:It has never been pulled of

Yeah, neither was 6 titles in a row.

Weren’t all Bundesliga ;)

True... But whatever you say thinking differently is wayy more unrealistic than my point... And we all know that’s what’s gonna happen, cause they would have to lose half their team... I mean their backup wingers are better than our starters...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:18 pm

Saw this conversation... My prediction is we will finish second by about 5-7 points
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Borusse » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:19 pm

Very good game defensively from BVB, but we should have looked for the second goal earlier. Instead we sat back and let Schalke show had poor they are at attacking. But they got a penalty and we got punished for playing too passively. Then we started attacking again and amazing Sancho scored the winner.

I don't know how this team does it but we seem to be struggling in almost every game but somehow we end up victorious. But if we keep on winning then that's fine by me. :P
Borusse

National Flag:
Poland

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:25 pm

Borusse wrote:Very good game defensively from BVB, but we should have looked for the second goal earlier. Instead we sat back and let Schalke show had poor they are at attacking. But they got a penalty and we got punished for playing too passively. Then we started attacking again and amazing Sancho scored the winner.

I don't know how this team does it but we seem to be struggling in almost every game but somehow we end up victorious. But if we keep on winning then that's fine by me. :P
That is what might make you a champ.
Playing bad and win
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga