You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2021-04-24] 1. FSV Mainz 05 vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:30 pm

1. FSV Mainz 05 will win
No votes
It will end in a draw
No votes
Bayern Munich will win
100%

Total votes : 4

Re: [2021-04-24] 1. FSV Mainz 05 vs Bayern Munich

Postby Faust » Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:09 am

sch0ll7 wrote:Sorry to say this Faust but if you were a supporter through 80s-90s and 00s you would know that we are at least as good as we were in the best years in the late 90s. I wont even mention 00s...we were so bad that everyone almost forgot about us.

This year was not even close to being bad. Dropping out of DFB cup was a fluke. it happens. We will easily win BL and we were one of the favorites in the CL. Dropped out against last years finalists, and you could say that we were better than them..just didnt convert our chances. Everyone saw that we could have also easily won 1st game in Munchen. Whole world was watching one of the best football displays in recent years, we were all over PSG. So it is not even close to us playing bad. In CL those things happen. you get out on away goals or playing great and you still drop out. Just like it happened against RM and Atletico few years back.

What matters to me is that we play good football and dominate the best teams in Europe (where it matters). And that is exactly what we were doing these past 2 years under Flick. Cant ask for more than that.

There is no doubt that we are bigger and arguably better than ever today. Even compared to the legendary 70's assemble. We had a habbit of losing finals we should have won. Aston Villa, Porto, Man Utd, Chelsea, narrowly getting eliminated by Red Star, AC Milan, Napoli, we should have at least four more European cups. We had a loser's mentality. And were playing more pragmatic, German football rather the outstanding stuff we are doing now. Though, Real was our bitch.

Agree on all these counts. The 00's was a hugely wasted opportunity to build on a very strong and dominant period ('99-'01). Maybe because of money that went to the new stadium.

Now we can't afford any of this shit. The standards are different. Real's three in a row UCLs for example. We are/have become the second biggest club in Europe by all metrics bar cups(six to AC Milan's seven but way ahead on every other metric) so a season of such terrible football and little success is unacceptable. Tbh, our mid term mission should be to win all UCL's untill the Munich final. Real won three in a row with a stable but unspectacular team - why couldn't we emulate this, twice(Guardiola era and now)?

Because we may subconsiously have remnants of this old loser mentality left, we are big in Germany, the Bundesliga is our bread and butter, we don't spend much, and that's enough.

Well, no that's not enough anymore.
Faust
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby sch0ll7 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:18 am

Faust wrote:Now we can't afford any of this shit. The standards are different. Real's three in a row UCLs for example. We are/have become the second biggest club in Europe by all metrics bar cups(six to AC Milan's seven but way ahead on every other metric) so a season of such terrible football and little success is unacceptable. Tbh, our mid term mission should be to win all UCL's untill the Munich final. Real won three in a row with a stable but unspectacular team - why couldn't we emulate this, twice(Guardiola era and now)?

Because we may subconsiously have remnants of this old loser mentality left, we are big in Germany, the Bundesliga is our bread and butter, we don't spend much, and that's enough.

Our football in the last year and a half was arguably the best footbal we have ever played. Similar to that of 2012-13 team. whole world is talking about how we play attractive football.

Everyone knows that RM didnt deserve more than 1 CL from those 3 in a row they won. It happens they were lucky (on so many occasions including against us, atletico etc..) and got in form at the right moment (when everyone elses form dropped).
That Barca 2008-2012 team was 10x better than that of RM that won the CL 3x. but they somehow didnt manage to win it as many times. We also were better in those years from 2012-15 but havent managed to win more than 1.

I am as sad as any other bayern fan when it comes unlucky losing in the CL. But that is what happens from time to time. and we could have easily won at least 1 or 2 more in the last 10 years if we had as much luck as RM.

But to say that we havent built on this success from 2010 onwards is not true. In 2010 us getting to the CL final was a fluke. from then on we managed to become one of the best sides in football and were regulary favorites for the CL trophy.
And all that without having the same resources like RM, Barca, City, PSG, United and others. I think we did great considering everything.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:26 am

Ottomeister87 wrote:
#12 wrote:
Ottomeister87 wrote:And its still the DFB pokal. Just because a 2nd league team beats the oh so almighty FCB its a disgrace. You know how many others get eliminated in the DFB pokal from the Buli to lower class teams? We have bad days in the league aswell..

Just remember the DFB Pokal last year.. 3-1 cottbus, 2-1 bochum, 4-3 hoffenheim and 1-0 schalke. Only game in there that was good actually was the first half vs Hoffenheim and the final. The others where all shite. Or our game vs Heidenheim in the cup that ended 4-3?

Its the mind that tricks them in thinking they can do it with 60%.. But those low class teams fight like there is no tomorrow, its most of the time a televised game and its vs Bayern, the game of their life.

In my eyes its a bigger disgrace to have a 1=5 vs Frankfurt or a 1-4 vs Hoffenheim.
It’s still embarrassing...

Especially in a KO match, because PROFESSIONALS should know that focus is important and mistakes cost you dearly...

Yes but it still happens, especially with the money they make they should. But then again, they are still human, they have off days aswell, we do have them also. Just for them it can fuck up a thing or two. And like i said, those teams give it their all, if your head is not in for a game like that, Kiel can happen.
Yup, but then it can‘t happen again, and again, and again, and then in the WFs at home...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Faust » Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:11 am

sch0ll7 wrote:
Faust wrote:Now we can't afford any of this shit. The standards are different. Real's three in a row UCLs for example. We are/have become the second biggest club in Europe by all metrics bar cups(six to AC Milan's seven but way ahead on every other metric) so a season of such terrible football and little success is unacceptable. Tbh, our mid term mission should be to win all UCL's untill the Munich final. Real won three in a row with a stable but unspectacular team - why couldn't we emulate this, twice(Guardiola era and now)?

Our football in the last year and a half was arguably the best footbal we have ever played. Similar to that of 2012-13 team. whole world is talking about how we play attractive football.

Everyone knows that RM didnt deserve more than 1 CL from those 3 in a row they won. It happens they were lucky (on so many occasions including against us, atletico etc..) and got in form at the right moment (when everyone elses form dropped).
That Barca 2008-2012 team was 10x better than that of RM that won the CL 3x. but they somehow didnt manage to win it as many times. We also were better in those years from 2012-15 but havent managed to win more than 1.

I am as sad as any other bayern fan when it comes unlucky losing in the CL. But that is what happens from time to time. and we could have easily won at least 1 or 2 more in the last 10 years if we had as much luck as RM.

But to say that we havent built on this success from 2010 onwards is not true. In 2010 us getting to the CL final was a fluke. from then on we managed to become one of the best sides in football and were regulary favorites for the CL trophy.
And all that without having the same resources like RM, Barca, City, PSG, United and others. I think we did great considering everything.

Last year was a dream, unbelievable stuff, arguably the best Bayern team ever and probably in the top-3 of all time with Ajax and Barcelona. Maybe even more impressive and advanced in a lot of respects.

But this year...sorry, υtter crap, especially after Christmas. We were not going to win anything other than that joke of a league playing like that. I'd prefer to lose it playing like last year than winning it because the rest were even shittier than us.
Faust
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby T4L10N » Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:25 pm

sch0ll7 wrote:

08-12 Barca 10x better than 16-18 RM?

RM at least won 16 CL fair and square, 17 with Kaszai was complete disaster by referee I admit with 18 almost fair as well. As for Barca, with normal refs they wouldnt even won a single CL, mate.
T4L10N
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby Ottomeister87 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:23 pm

I completely agree with Scholl7. Some of you still forget the fact we had injuries all the time and still no summer break ( those 2 weeks i dont count, since they had to start immediately again ) So with those facts to still be 7 up now from RB, clearly better team compared to PSG i cant complain at all tbh. Kiel was a bust, shit happens.

But like i said in the Mainz topic here, if we lose and we played our best, yeah it sucks, but i can accept it. If we lose like a game in Mainz, without any fight, thats what pisses me off. But then again, the shedule, injuries, almost no chance to rotate because of it.
Ottomeister87
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby sch0ll7 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:54 pm

T4L10N wrote:08-12 Barca 10x better than 16-18 RM?

yes that Barca team is considered as one of the best teams in the history. They played the most dominating football I have ever seen. I hate Barcelona but I have to give credit where credit is due. That RM 16-18 team is no way near top teams in history. Even our Bayern 2012-13 team is considered better in my books..when it comes to dominance and excitement. If they havent won 3 CL in a row noone would talk about how good and dominant they were. I wont say they werent good but there was also a lot of luck involved.

T4L10N wrote:As for Barca, with normal refs they wouldnt even won a single CL, mate.

I didnt say that they also didnt have luck with the referees. But I cant remember 1 game (or over 2 legs) that they werent better than the oposition. They practically dominated in every game for more than 3 years.

That is why I cant be angry at our team for dropping out of CL as we fought and gave everything we got...and showed some great football...and in the end you also have to have some luck...we didnt have it this year.
sch0ll7

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby #12 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:57 pm

Ottomeister87 wrote:I completely agree with Scholl7. Some of you still forget the fact we had injuries all the time and still no summer break ( those 2 weeks i dont count, since they had to start immediately again ) So with those facts to still be 7 up now from RB, clearly better team compared to PSG i cant complain at all tbh. Kiel was a bust, shit happens.

But like i said in the Mainz topic here, if we lose and we played our best, yeah it sucks, but i can accept it. If we lose like a game in Mainz, without any fight, thats what pisses me off. But then again, the shedule, injuries, almost no chance to rotate because of it.
"Clearly"? Not really... And we didn’t fight at Kiel either...
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:59 pm

sch0ll7 wrote:

yes that Barca team is considered as one of the best teams in the history. They played the most dominating football I have ever seen. I hate Barcelona but I have to give credit where credit is due. That RM 16-18 team is no way near top teams in history. Even our Bayern 2012-13 team is considered better in my books..when it comes to dominance and excitement. If they havent won 3 CL in a row noone would talk about how good and dominant they were. I wont say they werent good but there was also a lot of luck involved.

T4L10N wrote:As for Barca, with normal refs they wouldnt even won a single CL, mate.

I didnt say that they also didnt have luck with the referees. But I cant remember 1 game (or over 2 legs) that they werent better than the oposition. They practically dominated in every game for more than 3 years.

That is why I cant be angry at our team for dropping out of CL as we fought and gave everything we got...and showed some great football...and in the end you also have to have some luck...we didnt have it this year.
"Even"??? Dude that is incredibly disrespectful to an unbelievably good team! Have some respect!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby T4L10N » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:15 pm

sch0ll7 wrote:

Ok, in 09, do you remember Chelsea vs Barca? you mean they were dominant in those games?
T4L10N
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby Ottomeister87 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:38 pm

#12 wrote:
Ottomeister87 wrote:I completely agree with Scholl7. Some of you still forget the fact we had injuries all the time and still no summer break ( those 2 weeks i dont count, since they had to start immediately again ) So with those facts to still be 7 up now from RB, clearly better team compared to PSG i cant complain at all tbh. Kiel was a bust, shit happens.

Yes CLEARLY. On the first game alone i can base that opinion. We gifted them the 3 goals, besides that it was ONLY Bayern. In the 2nd PSG had some good 30 minutes but thats it. After that is was a lame game when that 1-1 fell..
Ottomeister87
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:42 pm

Ottomeister87 wrote:
#12 wrote:

Yes CLEARLY. On the first game alone i can base that opinion. We gifted them the 3 goals, besides that it was ONLY Bayern. In the 2nd PSG had some good 30 minutes but thats it. After that is was a lame game when that 1-1 fell..
Huh? There was no 1-1?!

Also, we had a lot of possession and shots, but weren’t too dangerous in the first leg... And we were saved THRICE by the woodwork in the second...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Ottomeister87 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:17 pm

That was a typo ;)
Ottomeister87
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:25 am

sch0ll7 wrote:

Using the same logic though, if we were eliminated against Arsenal in 2013 (and we were close to that), nobody would be talking about how good the 2012-13 Bayern squad was, either.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby sch0ll7 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:13 am

#12 wrote:Even"??? Dude that is incredibly disrespectful to an unbelievably good team! Have some respect!

Not sure who you were quoting. But if it was me. No need to overreact to every word someone writes...wasnt meant the way you probably understood it. No disrespect for our team from 2012/13..i consider it top 5 teams in football history.
sch0ll7

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga