You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2021-04-24] 1. FSV Mainz 05 vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:30 pm

1. FSV Mainz 05 will win
No votes
It will end in a draw
No votes
Bayern Munich will win
100%

Total votes : 4

Re: [2021-04-24] 1. FSV Mainz 05 vs Bayern Munich

Postby T4L10N » Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:41 pm

Ottomeister87 wrote:Man, yes they had some bad situations and bad games. But to overall calling it a bad season? Look at upto which point they played, without a summer break like 95% of the rest the clubs in Europe had. They came up to 1/4 CL, but playing wise Bayern was better compared to PSG. DFB Pokal was a fuck up. We are 1 in the league 10 points ahead of the number 2. With this injury ridden season and shedule.

I have a feeling some cant be satisfied with anything anymore and a treble win is the expectation every season now. I wanted to see other clubs do with the injuries and shedule that we have had.

Right, but the problem is, even given the injuries, we could have achieved more if not this clownfest between Flick and Hasan (which itself had huge impact on players as well me thinks) and Flick's obsession with Alaba while our best defender being used as substitute almost all season long.
T4L10N
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby Faust » Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:10 pm

YlonenXabi wrote: What?

How long have you been supporting Bayern ? 2 years?

We had a good season. We were just unlucky with the timing of the injuries. Otherwise things would have been very different. We had strong performances in CL against every team and were knocked out vs PSG due to the away goal rule with half of the squad missing

Last year we had luck by our side when it mattered, this year we just didn't. You can't always win in football even if you are the better team

Faust wrote:Vibes of 00's Bayern in the horizon and straight back to European irrelevancy while SHIT clubs like City, PSG, Chelsea, even fucking Tottenham, Arsenal and Atletico are considered European heavyweights.

Yeah cause Arsenal, Tottenham, Atletico or even Chelsea are having a better season than us right ????

Pretty much everyone out there considers Bayern as the best or at least Top 3 in the world right now. Take Rakitic as an example

Rakitic: "Jokes aside, we've talked about it once, but nothing more. To be part of FC Bayern would have certainly been a huge honor. What this club has built over the past few years is amazing. You can only congratulate the people in charge for that"

Rakitic: "Bayern are still the biggest address in Europe, even though they were knocked out of the Champions League."

I'm a Bayern man since the early 80s, born in Munich. If you consider this season anything but an utter and complete failure then I don't know what your expectations from this club are. It's not about what we did or didn't win, it's about how shit we have been at every level all year after a stellar, historic season. The implosion was colossal, immense and embarassing. I can hardly remember a decent game or one that we didn't concede 2-3 goals this year.

Are we supposed to celebrate because we are ten points ahead of some RB Leipzig? After getting dumped by Kiel? Seriously?

I don't want to hear more excuses and reasons why this happened. It was a fucking disgrace of a campaign and everyone bar Lewy and Musi should be held accountable.
Faust
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby Faust » Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:21 pm

#12 wrote:
Faust wrote:
#12 wrote:It’s always nice how ramsej just equals a MURDER with something that is a little negligible political correctness issue

Off topic but that George Kirby thug died of drug overdose. He was not murdered.
Erm... No...

But it’s good to know you conducted the autopsy...

LMAO, check the videos before and during his arrest. The guy was high AF.
Faust
Getting the hang of it

Postby Faust » Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:35 pm

Ottomeister87 wrote:I have a feeling some cant be satisfied with anything anymore and a treble win is the expectation every season now. I wanted to see other clubs do with the injuries and shedule that we have had.

A domestic double and a very deep run in the UCL should be the yearly minimum now, imo. We are the second biggest club in the world after Real and in many ways the best run and supported. We have huge and healthy finances and in the last ten years we played some of the best football and had some of the best players and coaches of all time. Great fanbase and a fantastic stadium in a fantastic city. All the ingredients are in place. No excuses anymore.

AND we ought to achieve all this by playing some exciting football. This should be the standards at Bayern nowdays.
Last edited by Faust on Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Faust
Getting the hang of it

Postby #12 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:39 pm

Faust wrote:
#12 wrote:
Faust wrote:[quote="#12"]It’s always nice how ramsej just equals a MURDER with something that is a little negligible political correctness issue

Off topic but that George Kirby thug died of drug overdose. He was not murdered.
Erm... No...

But it’s good to know you conducted the autopsy...

LMAO, check the videos before and during his arrest. The guy was high AF.[/quote]Yeah he was... So? People get high as fuck every day

You diagnosing an overdose death despite a jury‘s verdict and a clinical expert report over videos is still daring at best...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Ottomeister87 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:41 pm

Still the DFB Pokal shitshow can happen every year if you are not fully focused, especially against lower classed teams.

CL you need luck also, almost no injuries etc etc.
Ottomeister87
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:49 pm

Ottomeister87 wrote:Still the DFB Pokal shitshow can happen every year if you are not fully focused, especially against lower classed teams.

CL you need luck also, almost no injuries etc etc.
Yeah well you cannot lose at Kiel and wank about "the sextuple" - it’s embarrassing...
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:20 pm

I still reckon Kiel are probably better than Mainz.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:43 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I still reckon Kiel are probably better than Mainz.
Dude, they literally play in HSV‘s league...

Also, doesn’t exactly make it any better, if anything, it’s the opposite...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Ottomeister87 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:23 pm

And its still the DFB pokal. Just because a 2nd league team beats the oh so almighty FCB its a disgrace. You know how many others get eliminated in the DFB pokal from the Buli to lower class teams? We have bad days in the league aswell..

Just remember the DFB Pokal last year.. 3-1 cottbus, 2-1 bochum, 4-3 hoffenheim and 1-0 schalke. Only game in there that was good actually was the first half vs Hoffenheim and the final. The others where all shite. Or our game vs Heidenheim in the cup that ended 4-3?

Its the mind that tricks them in thinking they can do it with 60%.. But those low class teams fight like there is no tomorrow, its most of the time a televised game and its vs Bayern, the game of their life.

In my eyes its a bigger disgrace to have a 1=5 vs Frankfurt or a 1-4 vs Hoffenheim.
Ottomeister87
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:32 pm

Ottomeister87 wrote:And its still the DFB pokal. Just because a 2nd league team beats the oh so almighty FCB its a disgrace. You know how many others get eliminated in the DFB pokal from the Buli to lower class teams? We have bad days in the league aswell..

Just remember the DFB Pokal last year.. 3-1 cottbus, 2-1 bochum, 4-3 hoffenheim and 1-0 schalke. Only game in there that was good actually was the first half vs Hoffenheim and the final. The others where all shite. Or our game vs Heidenheim in the cup that ended 4-3?

Its the mind that tricks them in thinking they can do it with 60%.. But those low class teams fight like there is no tomorrow, its most of the time a televised game and its vs Bayern, the game of their life.

In my eyes its a bigger disgrace to have a 1=5 vs Frankfurt or a 1-4 vs Hoffenheim.
It’s still embarrassing...

Especially in a KO match, because PROFESSIONALS should know that focus is important and mistakes cost you dearly...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:34 pm

Also, Süle was utter shite in a similar matter against:
Frankfurt, Bielefeld, Gladbach and PSG... Not a one off
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Ottomeister87 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:16 pm

#12 wrote:
Ottomeister87 wrote:And its still the DFB pokal. Just because a 2nd league team beats the oh so almighty FCB its a disgrace. You know how many others get eliminated in the DFB pokal from the Buli to lower class teams? We have bad days in the league aswell..

It’s still embarrassing...

Especially in a KO match, because PROFESSIONALS should know that focus is important and mistakes cost you dearly...

Yes but it still happens, especially with the money they make they should. But then again, they are still human, they have off days aswell, we do have them also. Just for them it can fuck up a thing or two. And like i said, those teams give it their all, if your head is not in for a game like that, Kiel can happen.
Ottomeister87
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Faust » Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:54 pm

Ottomeister87 wrote:Yes but it still happens, especially with the money they make they should. But then again, they are still human, they have off days aswell, we do have them also. Just for them it can fuck up a thing or two. And like i said, those teams give it their all, if your head is not in for a game like that, Kiel can happen.

If that performance was an one-off we could perhaps forgive, forget and even ignore it. The problem is the whole season is littered with shitty Kiel-like performances at individual, collective and coaching level. No need to name names, it's been done to death. We won the Bundesliga, woot woot! We played terrible football and Bundesliga is just a weak feeder league nowdays. BVB, with so much talent at their disposal have been a disgrace. The Nationalmanschaft is a disgrace. Something is very rotten when it comes to German Football these days.
Faust
Getting the hang of it

Postby sch0ll7 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:15 am

Sorry to say this Faust but if you were a supporter through 80s-90s and 00s you would know that we are at least as good as we were in the best years in the late 90s. I wont even mention 00s...we were so bad that everyone almost forgot about us.

This year was not even close to being bad. Dropping out of DFB cup was a fluke. it happens. We will easily win BL and we were one of the favorites in the CL. Dropped out against last years finalists, and you could say that we were better than them..just didnt convert our chances. Everyone saw that we could have also easily won 1st game in Munchen. Whole world was watching one of the best football displays in recent years, we were all over PSG. So it is not even close to us playing bad. In CL those things happen. you get out on away goals or playing great and you still drop out. Just like it happened against RM and Atletico few years back.

What matters to me is that we play good football and dominate the best teams in Europe (where it matters). And that is exactly what we were doing these past 2 years under Flick. Cant ask for more than that.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga