You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2008-09-13] 1. FC Köln vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:18 pm

1. FC Köln will win
No votes
The match will end in a draw
17%
Bayern Munich will win
83%

Total votes : 12

[2008-09-13] 1. FC Köln vs Bayern Munich

Postby MUTU » Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:16 pm

Quite some time left for this match due to a break for international matches. I hope all of our players return back fit and we can keep up the rhythm we built in our last match against Hertha Berlin (won 4-1).

This match should see the debut of our newcomer, Massimo Oddo.

Do you think we should stick with the 3-5-2 that was so successful against Hertha, or should we switch back to a more classical 4-4-2 formation?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: [2008-09-13] 1. FC Köln vs Bayern Munich

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:30 pm

FC Köln are a good team, and we ended in a draw against them in pre-season. I think it will be a close game, but Bayern will win. I wonder if we'll be seeing Ribery here, they have been hinting that he's becoming better.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:28 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I wonder if we'll be seeing Ribery here, they have been hinting that he's becoming better.

Good point. He might not start but possibly be a second half substitute to give him some much-needed match practice ahead of the following week's big match against Werder Bremen.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MrLinky » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:06 pm

MUTU wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:I wonder if we'll be seeing Ribery here, they have been hinting that he's becoming better.

Good point. He might not start but possibly be a second half substitute to give him some much-needed match practice ahead of the following week's big match against Werder Bremen.

Ulli was talking about him being back 100 % on the first match day of the champions league so there might be a possibility he'll play
against Werder but I doubt he's gonna be on the pitch against Koln .
But we should be able to win in Koln comfortably even without him , now that we seem to get our form back !
MrLinky
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBinNYC » Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:39 pm

I hate these early season international breaks. Just as we're starting to get into the swing of things, (literally this time) the players are gone again. I guess more match practice is ok for some of the players, but I wish FIFA would do something about this. It's even worse for the Italian and Spanish teams, whose season just started this weekend. There has to be a better way to schedule these things.

That said, Bayern will win.
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:08 pm

FCBinNYC wrote:I hate these early season international breaks. Just as we're starting to get into the swing of things, (literally this time) the players are gone again. I guess more match practice is ok for some of the players, but I wish FIFA would do something about this. It's even worse for the Italian and Spanish teams, whose season just started this weekend. There has to be a better way to schedule these things.

That said, Bayern will win.

Yes, they're a bit of a pain. But it's better that they happen early in the season than late in the season when there are generally more important matches.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MaCk0y » Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:55 pm

I would like to see a 3-4-1-2 formation! :lol:

------Lucio, Demichelis, VB---------

Oddo, Borowski, Ze Roberto, Lahm

---------------Schweini-----------------

--------------Toni, Poldi---------------

Oddo and Lahm supporting Schweini.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MrLinky » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:37 pm

mackoy wrote:I would like to see a 3-4-1-2 formation! :lol:

Looking good , but I doubt we're gonna see Borowski in the 1st team line-up even though I wish Klinsi would finally give him a chance from the 1st minute on .
Its probably gonna be Van Bommel back in bussiness again . :)
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:09 pm

mackoy wrote:I would like to see a 3-4-1-2 formation! :lol:

This seems good, but I'd rather have another 3-5-2 formation personally. I think Borowski should be in the starting line-up too, I'm really liking that player. Something tells me Kroos will play against Koln though, I dunno why, just seems the sort of thing Klinsi would do.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:28 pm

I'd like to see Breno play a bit. I still shudder at the thought of Van Buyten being in the starting lineup.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:32 pm

I like Breno. I think he might come on as a substitute in the 2nd half. I hope Sosa doesn't play though, I've never liked him.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MrLinky » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:53 pm

MUTU wrote:I'd like to see Breno play a bit. I still shudder at the thought of Van Buyten being in the starting lineup.

Yea good idea , he definitely could need some match practice .
Id really hate to see him end up like Dos Santos or Karimi , cuz I think he's got potential , he just needs to be given the chance
to show it .
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby likma » Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:51 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I like Breno. I think he might come on as a substitute in the 2nd half. I hope Sosa doesn't play though, I've never liked him.
I want him to prove he's not bad signing, but he really looked bad every time I watched him. :(
likma
Getting the hang of it

Postby MUTU » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:25 pm

likma wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:I like Breno. I think he might come on as a substitute in the 2nd half. I hope Sosa doesn't play though, I've never liked him.
I want him to prove he's not bad signing, but he really looked bad every time I watched him. :(

Couldn't have said it better myself. Perhaps he should play for the reserves for a while?
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MrLinky » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:26 pm

MUTU wrote:
likma wrote:

Couldn't have said it better myself. Perhaps he should play for the reserves for a while?

A player that we we paid 10 million for in the reserves ?
I dont think that would be the right thing to do , Breno just needs the match practice , this game against Koln could be a perfect
opportunity for him and this 3-5-2 system is perfect for him as well , cuz thats how most of the teams in the brazilian league play like .
So if I was Klinsi Id field him on the LCB position , he'll be in safe hands next to Lucio and Micho .
I really like this guy . reminds me of Julio Cesar in the way he plays , he just needs to be given the chance .
MrLinky
I post all the time

Next

Return to Bundesliga