You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2008-09-13] 1. FC Köln vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:18 pm

1. FC Köln will win
No votes
The match will end in a draw
17%
Bayern Munich will win
83%

Total votes : 12

Re: [2008-09-13] 1. FC Köln vs Bayern Munich

Postby walter » Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:07 am

Well, Poldi played as bad as Klose played against Lichtenstein. Klose played as good as Poldi played against Lichtenstein. Poldi only rarely disappoints for the national team (contrary to his performance for Bayern). I still think Poldi should start ahead of Klose against Koln, and Klose definitely coming on as a substitute for Luca or Poldi depending on how they are playing. I think the problem with Poldi is that he seems to be a natural left winger in a team that plays a classic 4-3-3 dutch style. He almost never scores the goal poacher tap-in type of goal, it is almost always cutting in from the left and he likes to play a lot deeper than a regular striker.
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBinNYC » Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:18 am

True, Poldi was invisible today. I think he and Klose should start on Saturday though since between those two and Schweini, that's 6 goals in two games, we should try to continue that progress. Obviously the rest of the team is different, but that shouldn't make too much of a difference.

Speaking of Schweini, he's been doing good recently! Is he finally becoming the player we all hoped he would become?! [-o<
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBinNYC » Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:51 pm

I thought this was a must-win before, then I looked at the other fixtures this weekend: Dortmund v Schalke, Hamburg v Leverkusen, Hoffenheim v Stuttgart...all the teams above us in the table are playing eachother! What a great opportunity to make our position more respectable. At least 3 of those teams will drop at least 2 points...we have to take advantage, especially with Bremen up next after Koln.
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MrLinky » Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:14 pm

FCBinNYC wrote:True, Poldi was invisible today. I think he and Klose should start on Saturday though since between those two and Schweini, that's 6 goals in two games, we should try to continue that progress. Obviously the rest of the team is different, but that shouldn't make too much of a difference.

Speaking of Schweini, he's been doing good recently! Is he finally becoming the player we all hoped he would become?! [-o<

I dont think you should ever leave a Luca Toni out of the starting XI , no matter what form he's going through , he's just a player
that can decide a match at anytime , even in extra time .
As far as Schweini is concerned , he's playing very well at the moment , I just hope this is not because his contract is set to expire and
he just wants a new million euro contract signed , and then become the old lethargic Schweini .
Last edited by MrLinky on Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Jorge » Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:59 pm

I think this will be the ideal match to start Podolski leaving Toni or Klose on the bench for 2nd half substitution:

1) We are playing at Koln, Podolski's former club.
2)We have our first Champion's League match on Wednesday versus Steua. If it was me I rest Toni for Koln and Klose against Steua (he can come as a sub in the second half as well), then back in the BL next week end against Bremen I will field Klose against his former team with Toni.

With this formula I am rotating them in a just manner.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby MrLinky » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:48 pm

Why would you rest Toni against Koln ?
Its only the beginning of the season , he doesnt need to be rested , he hasnt actually played more than maybe 6 or 7 matches this season so far .
As a matter of fact I think it would be better to play him from the beginning on after his lack of confidence , which was caused by the italian media
in recent days .
MrLinky
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby shwas55 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:55 pm

oddo just cam on for his first bayern app
shwas55
I post all the time

Postby shwas55 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:21 pm

just finished 3-0 Bayern.
Poldi scoring in the last min
shwas55
I post all the time

Postby FCBinNYC » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:29 pm

Well, that was great. Anyone who doubts the Bundesliga's quality should've watched that game. Koln caused us a few problems, but the defense got more and more comfortable as the game went on and the clean sheet speaks for itself. I can't believe Toni didn't get his hat-trick, but he was excellent otherwise. Ze is the man as usual, and I'm glad Poldi did well with the time he had. We're now second on goal difference, right around where we belong. Bring on Bucharest!
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:48 pm

Great match. Toni worked well up front and created a lot of chances for himself, and managed to score two of them. Podolski was great as well.
But for me the man of the match was Lahm. He was everywhere. Fantastic game!
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MaCk0y » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:52 pm

I'm pleased with Klinsmann for leaving Van Bommel on the bench :!: :D I wished though Podolski played the full 90 minutes. It's great he scored a goal. Toni should have had a hat trick and Ze should have finished that one too. Ottl had a great day in the midfield. Overall it was a very good performance! :)
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Postby shwas55 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:54 pm

i really think poldi played very well he really should be played behind the strikers
shwas55
I post all the time

Postby MrLinky » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:51 pm

The first half was tough , they did have a couple of opportunities but in the second half it was Bayern all the way .
Toni , the man to decide the match as usual , and even though I'm not his biggest fan but I liked Ottl ,
he looked good in this one , and so did Ze with a marvellous performance once again .
Good win , with which we were able to gain some confidence ahead of the CL clash in Romania .
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby MrLinky » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:58 pm

A big surprise Klinsi left our captain out of the starting XI but guess thats the new rotation philosophy , that every player
has to deal with , even the captain !
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby walter » Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:26 pm

regrettably I could not find any broadcast for the game online, so I had to watch the the Bremen--Cottbus game and part of the ruhr derby as well, what a crazy game!--no doubt Bundesliga is the most exciting league now! After watching the Bremen game I wish we had kept Frings--great display in CM.
walter
I post all the time

National Flag:
Venezuela

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga