You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2008-09-13] 1. FC Köln vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:18 pm

1. FC Köln will win
No votes
The match will end in a draw
17%
Bayern Munich will win
83%

Total votes : 12

Re: [2008-09-13] 1. FC Köln vs Bayern Munich

Postby walter » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:38 am

I think both Breno and Sosa should play for the reserves for a while, they do need match practice. Every time I see Breno play he is just dissapointing. Did you guys see the goal that Germany scored against Bayern in Oli's farewell game???? While the whole Bayern defense played an offside move, Breno was the only player to stay behind BY FAR, and he left Trochowski onside. On top of that Trochowski's shot was not even good and Breno was in the right place to clear the ball from the line, instead he nets the goal himself--terrible!
Highlights are in youtube if you would like to see yourself...

PS. I think they should give him a try as a fullback to see if he can do any better (supposedly he can also play as a RB) than playing CB.
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MrLinky » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:58 pm

Everybody should really stop judging players , their performances and the whole match based on youtube videos .
Thats ridiculous , I can put a video of Julio Dos Santos on youtube and show what he played like while he was
in Paraguay , everybody on this forum would say damn he's talented , why dont we buy him , we need an attacking midfielder .
The thing is Breno played good and he did do a mistake on that first goal we conceded , he should have cleared the ball comfortably , but besides
that he made a great game against Gomez , who came second in last year's top goal scorer list .
Breno looked very calm with the ball , made some great passes to start attacks from the right side , good in the air and his fitness
and quickness have improved enormously , in the last couple of weeks .
So just watch the whole game live if you can , if you cant stop judging the match and the players based on the 4 minutes highlights you saw
in youtube , myvideo or wherever because it doesnt give a 100 % clear reflection of what actually happened in the match in the rest of the 90 minutes .
MrLinky
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby walter » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:39 pm

Yes, I only saw the highlights of that game, but I've seen him played full games. In the Olympics, for example, he was just terrible against Argentina --clumsy and frequently in the wrong position. Also, I saw him play a few times last season (including postseason friendlies) for Bayern whenever they gave him a chance, and the same--not impressed at all. I regrettably never saw him play in the Brasillian league where he supposedly was able to shine--I'm assuming you must have seen him play in the Brasilian league because obviously he has not shown anything worthy wearing Bayern's shirt.
Now he might have played overall a good game against Germany, but a such gross mistake, and I'm talking about his positioning and lack of coordination with teammates during the play that led to the goal, rather than his inability to clear the ball from the line, will cost games regardless of how good the overall performance was. Maybe what he really needs is match practices so I'll say it again, let him play for the reserves and see if he really shows what it takes to play Bundesliga.
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby MrLinky » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:35 pm

The boy is 18 years old , with that age he was the captain of the brazilian U23 team , we werent the only team interested , Real and AC Milan
were also interested but we got him because of Elber who helped us a lot in this move with his relations in Brazil , Ive seen him play in the brazilian league and Im 100 % convinced of him and his potential !
You have to understand the circumstances , he is just a kid that was the superstar and supertalent at his former club Sao Paulo coming to
a foreign country not knowing the language and the culture having to prove himself .
Its more than understanable that he's not gonna show his best immediately , besides the brazilian league is a lot slower than the european
leagues , he just needs to be given the chance , the time and the trust in his abilities , and he'll be one of the 5 best CB in the world in a couple of years .

Im assuming you live somewhere in Europe , how would you feel if you get a job in Brazil , not knowing the language , not knowing the culture ,
with no friends and no family ?!
You would be insecure , and you cant tell me you would perform at your best immediately .
Maybe a bit of a 'weird' comparison but thats how the boy feels .
MrLinky
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby walter » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:56 pm

Ok, sorry, I'll cut the kid some slack.
Still, I don't see why he would not benefit from playing for the reserves, I'm sure he would get some good match practice. Even WC players are sent to play for the reserves when coming back from an injury. If he is only 18, which for some reason Real Madrid didn't believe, it is only natural that he gets to play for the reserves for a while.
PS. I actually live in US but was raised in South America
walter
I post all the time

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby vxg7826 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:54 pm

Bayern should keep their eye on Koln because they are really dangerous. Since formation "3-5-1" went well against HBSC, we should continue play the same style with Koln, but play Podolski instead Klose. It's desperate to make this substitution - I do not understand Klinsman why he does play Klose, totally out-of-form player, while not playing Podolski who is eager to start and score. So, start Podolski, then try Klose as a substitute, because we are loosing Podolski!!! With to starting line up, I would make some surprises, by playing:
__________________________Rensing________________________
Lucio(C)_______Demichelis________Breno

Oddo_________________________________________________Lahm

Kros______________________Ze Roberto_________________Shweinstaiger

__________________Podolski___________Toni_______________________
vxg7826
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Guard Dog » Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:35 am

The worry is - for such a talented player like Klose to be replaced in the Starting XI by Podolski, is that if Podolski proves his worth and creates a strong impact and presence, then there's the worry for Klinsmann that Klose may be unable to find his way back in the side.

An embarrassment of riches? More like an unnecessary need of them. Although Podolski's whinging is very disappointing IMO. Zip the gob or neck off.
Jeremy Clarkson on the CCX: Koenigsegg say this is more comfortable but ... more comfortable than what? Being stabbed?

Proud New Worshipper of Die Bayern!
Guard Dog
Getting the hang of it

Postby thirtyone » Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:12 pm

Good call with Podolski vxg, I think persisting with the out of form Klose sends out the wrong message not only to Lukas himself but to the whole side. You're only as good as your last game, you should merit a place. Would Klose be a certain starter now if he hadn't got two WC golden boots to his name? I doubt it. LP was clinical in the Euro's.
thirtyone
Getting the hang of it

Postby MrLinky » Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:00 pm

Its clear to everyone at the moment that Podolski is in a better shape and form than Klose , but the thing right now is that
Klinsi is giving Klose a lot of time on the pitch so he can get back his former top form ,cuz he knows that Klose in top form is a lot more valuable than a Podolski
at his best , so I basically I agree with you guys that Poldi is in a better shape but I also think that if we could
get Klose back to his former best he would be a lot more important than a Podolski in top form .
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby FCBinNYC » Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:50 pm

After his goals yesterday, I really hope Poldi gets the go-ahead from the start against his former club. Seems like a no-brainer at this point, but we will see.

I agree with you on Klose MrLinky, but there still needs to be some kind of rotation going on, I'm really sick of hearing Lukas complain every week. And if he can play like he did yesterday, then it's justified. With their current form, if Klose is going to start I feel he should only get a half, and if he doesn't score then it's Poldi's turn. Seems fair to me. You could include Toni in this rotation somehow too, but I feel like he's always a threat and once he recovers his sharpness he'll be guaranteed a starting place just like last season.
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:30 pm

Perhaps Podolski should be allowed to play the full 90 minutes with Klose coming on for Toni in the second half. This will allow Podolski to suck again for Bayern so maybe he learns why he's not being played for Bayern. If only he played half as good as he plays for Germany, he'd be seeing much more playing time.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MrLinky » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:50 pm

Podolski is the player that plays at his best for Germany , but sucks playing for us , Toni is the one that reaches his top form
playing for us while at the same time he sucks playing for the italian national side , and then we have Klose who scored in total only 2 goals
in 2008 for Bayern .
Weird our attackers , when I heard in the beginning of last season of the transfers and that our attack was gonna be Toni , Klose
and Poldi I thought damn , we're gonna be having a lot of fun seeing those 3 play for us and score goals from every possible position but
now the sad truth is that Toni was the only one to really achieve what was expected of him .
I dont know what their problem is but I really hope that they start recognizing how awful they've been playing and start doing somethin
for the millions they get every year .
Last edited by MrLinky on Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby walter » Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:11 pm

I think it is a no brainer that Podolski should start the game instead of Klose. It is not Podolski's fault that Klose is in such bad form and, as someone mentioned already, starting Klose would definitely send the wrong signal to the rest of the team. Maybe what Klose needs is to be in the bench for a while to have to fight for a place. His lack of form is definitely not due to a lack of playing time.
walter
I post all the time

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby FCBinNYC » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:38 pm

Well, after watching the Germany game and most of the Italy game today, I feel pretty confident that Klose and Poldi will start on Saturday. I know we all want Poldi to get a chance (partially so he'll just SHUT UP ALREADY imo), and I know Toni plays better with Bayern than with Italy at the moment, but it's hard to argue with Klose's performance today, he was phenomenal! If a hat-trick (and a few would-be assists if Gomez wasn't useless) isn't a good confidence builder, I don't know what is. I always felt Klose would snap out of this funk he was in eventually, hopefully that was it! Just in time for the Champions League! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: =D>
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:03 pm

Podolski was a disaster for Germany though. He was nowhere to be seen. I don't know, but I think he just missed a place in the starting line up.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga