You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

U17 FIFA World Cup 2015 - Chile

Discussions about football played outside Europe, or international competitions.

Re: U17 FIFA World Cup 2015 - Chile

Postby Jorge » Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:17 pm

ramsej84 wrote:https://youtu.be/zKXDy_k2fZU
Croatia are out against impressive Mali.
There is a chance of an all African final...
Though I am tipping Mexico to reach the final ... against Mali for the final
Semi finals are Mali vs Belgium & Mexico vs Nigeria

Historically European sides did not do well in these tournaments; African teams on the other side excel. Many claim that since birth records are not as strict in the African continent in general some of the players might be a little older than the opposition; the reality is that many U17 African sides won emphatically the World Cup and later on a small fraction of the players made the grade for the senior squads.
South America traditionally produced good results and Mexico in recent editions but Mexico itself has a recent history of sending overage players to the point that the senior team was banned for the 1990 World Cup.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby Jorge » Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:43 pm

Let's look at the roster for Germany in the 2007 Edition that lost the SF vs Nigeria, these players now in their mid 20's should have been at their prime, even more a few should have played in Brazil 2014.

Rene VOLLATH (GK) , Jonas STRIFLER, Nils TEIXEIRA , Konstantin RAUSCH , Kevin WOLZE , Richard SUKUTA-PASU , Toni Kroos , Dennis DOWIDAT, Sebastian Rudy, Mario ERB , Sascha BIGALKE
Fabian GIEFER (GK) , Kevin TRAPP (GK) , Kai EVERS , Henning SAUERBIER , Patrick FUNK , Mehmet Ekici ,,, Matthias HAAS , Tony JANTSCHKE , Alexander ESSWEIN, Fabian BROGHAMMER.

Of this group Kroos, Rudy, Raush and Trapp are basically the only 4 that have a recognizable name today while only Kroos has a presence in the NT as today with Rudy sometimes being considered.
Last edited by Jorge on Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby RAJBAYERN » Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:17 am

Jorge wrote:Historically European sides did not do well in these tournaments; African teams on the other side excel. Many claim that since birth records are not as strict in the African continent in general some of the players might be a little older than the opposition; the reality is that many U17 African sides won emphatically the World Cup and later on a small fraction of the players made the grade for the senior squads.

The U-17 and U-20 is a kid tournament, it isnt at professional level yet, so as a kids tournament, the physic of the african players give a huge advantage comparing to the europeans and asians players, this advantage make the difference in those tournaments, but at professional level the physic is equals for every professional player, so the skills make the difference.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby Jorge » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:27 pm

RAJBAYERN wrote:
Jorge wrote:Historically European sides did not do well in these tournaments; African teams on the other side excel. Many claim that since birth records are not as strict in the African continent in general some of the players might be a little older than the opposition; the reality is that many U17 African sides won emphatically the World Cup and later on a small fraction of the players made the grade for the senior squads.

The U-17 and U-20 is a kid tournament, it isnt at professional level yet, so as a kids tournament, the physic of the african players give a huge advantage comparing to the europeans and asians players, this advantage make the difference in those tournaments, but at professional level the physic is equals for every professional player, so the skills make the difference.

Interesting point! You feel like the African kids mature sooner than European kids, does this have to do with life difficulties? Like having a rougher time in life their childhood ends sooner. It can certainly be that way but in the problem that we are analyzing I am not sure that U17 European players are average kids. Most of them played for the top professional clubs in their countries in the B Teams, in the case of Germany mainly in the Regional Leagues which is a mix of amateur and small professional clubs; but some U17 players already have professional contracts.

You mentioned U20's as well, in this case the great majority of the German players are certainly professional and many playing in the Bundesliga or 2. Bundesliga. But at this level European sides tend to do better in the youth World Cups and African sides are not as good.
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby #12 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:48 pm

Well, I also think that African teams on senior level sometimes lack discipline and tactics... (not that I'm prejudiced or anything, just an observation...They have the skills, they just don'T make enough use of them...) I think that's less of a factor in those tournaments as well because the real professional stuff happens after 17 I think...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:14 am

there it is ... an all african final... http://www.fifa.com/
https://youtu.be/6ZNqNsZwviE Mali v Belgium (bel gk won't play football again)
https://youtu.be/_plwJov008k Nig v Mex (impressive)

As Joge said I doubt the Mali boys are really U17
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Jorge » Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:49 pm

ramsej84 wrote:there it is ... an all african final... http://www.fifa.com/
https://youtu.be/6ZNqNsZwviE Mali v Belgium (bel gk won't play football again)
https://youtu.be/_plwJov008k Nig v Mex (impressive)

As Joge said I doubt the Mali boys are really U17

Nigeria, the most successful nation in this tournament could add its 5th title, in total they made to the final 8 times of the 16 editions.

Now if we put in perspective how that could translate into success when these players develop, in the last 30 years the best that their senior side did in World Cups was two round of 16 appearances, for the rest they were either knocked out of the group stage or they did not even qualify.
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Previous

Return to Football Around the World