You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Indian Football

Discussions about football played outside Europe, or international competitions.

Indian Football

Postby AdepT » Thu May 08, 2014 7:51 pm

Thought I will create this thread. :)

I League is already a league competition being organised in India. I have seen like 1-2 games only. :oops:

The major news is that a new competition based on Indian Premier League(2 month 20-20 circket competition) for football has finally seen the light. The football league will be named "Indian Super League(ISL)". It will be held over eight cities, home and away. Teams are picking up high profile coaches and 'one' marquee player. I guess age won't matter much. The name is more than enough. I am just hoping that all ends well so that someday I could see some of my favorite stars here. :D
The Indian Super League is the name of a new, proposed football league in India by IMG-Reliance (a joint venture of IMG and Reliance Industries) and the All India Football Federation. It is set to kick-off in September 2014 and finish its first season in November of that year.[1] The league is expected to run along the lines of the Indian Premier League[2] and football league of the United States[3]

The league is expected to be competed by eight franchises with each team featuring one major marquee player.[1] So far the names already confirmed to be auctioned in November are Dwight Yorke, Fredrik Ljungberg, Robert Pirès, Louis Saha, and Hernán Crespo.[1] Managers confirmed so far include Peter Schmeichel, Marcel Desailly and Kenny Dalglish.[citation needed] It has also already been confirmed that 59 Indian players had already been signed up for the league as well.[2] [source]

The other news why this is a big highlight is that the team from Kolkata has been bought by 'Atletico de Madrid'. Yeah, you read it right. And co-owner is my favorite cricketer and the former captain and a football fan, Sourav Ganguly. :mrgreen:
The team name was unveiled yesterday and it is 'Atletico de Kolkata'. [source]
:P
The owner and staff of Atletico Madrid were here. [source]

I can only thank Atletico for this. They will be sending one of their coaches for the competition. Who knows may even send some of their youth players for some fun.

Another team from 'Kochi' has been bought by Sachin Tendulkar, the greatest cricketer ever born. He and Sourav Ganguly used to open for India. By open I mean, the first two batsmen out on the pitch(for those who don't know). They are best of friends and were very successful for Indian cricket team. So it is satisfying to see them try for encouraging football in the country.

And as seen in the wiki quote; yes those are the marquee players.
Plus them coaches. Damn! :D
IPL(cricket) is all about money [source]
; like most of the sports are. I think more and more will be pumped in the Super league too; so at least we can have a good team by the next decade. [-o<

The rules and fixtures are not out. There will probably be a restriction on the number of foreign players that can be bought and also on the number that can be in playing 11.

Some other news too. Our U16 team is doing good, in perspective. I saw some videos too.( I am a pessimist when it comes to Indian football, I am changing my view though)
Hey MoFattal, we beat your U16 4-1 at AFC U16s last year. [source]
I had seen the highlights. Thought I'd share it. :P
Just humour me that your team is good. :)

Another big news, I'd like to share is announced in Feb is that India won the rights to host FIFA U17 World Cup in 2017.
The first FIFA competition to be organised in India. There's time so I hope we will be ready for it in management-wise.
There's not much hope football-wise there. I hope we do well when the time comes.

11 kids, under 16 have been taken on by Manchester Utd for trials just few weeks back. [source]

There's one rags to limelight story of a 16 year old Rajib Roy. [source]
He's a son of a sex-worker; yup a prostitute, living on very scarce money; in the biggest red light district of Bengal located in it's capital city, Kolkata(the same city I mentioned earlier).

Also, Liverpool recently set-up an International Academy in Pune for coaching kids.

And Bayern too is organising camps for promising kids every year in Delhi.

Bangalore FC(I live here, may be I'll go to an AFC CL game now) just won the I league and have qualified for qualiifiers of AFC(Asian) Champions league. The first team to do so from India. [source]
An article was published on Gaurdian in this regard. Ashley Westwood is the coach. Not that I know him. British fans might have an idea. He's played an coached in England.

If things could only speed up a little, we might have a decent team in future.
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Indian Football

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu May 08, 2014 9:58 pm

Very good news for Indian football. I'm curious though... aren't Atletico already in huge debt?
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby AdepT » Fri May 09, 2014 8:01 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Very good news for Indian football. I'm curious though... aren't Atletico already in huge debt?

ISL should be self sufficient. It should generate profits in the first season itself IMO. If it kicks up well, profits from 2nd should be guaranteed.
So it's a profitable investment.
There's no news of how much they paid to buy the team. Also, there are quite a few co-owners. The cost of the team should be under 100m $.
Hah! Could be even around 70m dollars.

The main thing is that this is an untapped market in India. And there's too much money here.
Like the IPL(cricket) I mentioned, players can earn 1-2m dollars just for two months. It's crazy with so many sponsors pouring in their money.

The best thing Atletico did was choose the best team. Best in the sense is that is the city most crazy about football in India. The whole region around that particular state(West Bengal) is into football. One of the oldest and biggest derbies in football is played here.
The Salt lake derby between East Bengal and Mohun Bagan [source]
in front of a packed 120,000 stadium.

I think they'll get that particular stadium. With the money they can make from sponsors and shirt sales, it's a very profitable investment.
Plus Atletico Madrid, the club itself will find a base in India because of this. There's a chance too that the first team might come for a friendly game.

If you ask me, I think Atletico is pushing all the right buttons here.

The uniform of Kolkata de Madrid hasn't been released yet as they need clearance from AIFF(All India Football Federation), but I wouldn't be surprised if it has a hint of Atletico's shirt in there.

Who knows, Atletico might get a better deal for their own shirt-deal too with so many billionaires here.
AdepT
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:37 pm

ljungberg to restart playing football in india in order to promote it there. He will begin in September and will stay there for three months [source]
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:47 pm

Trezeguet to join FC Pune City. [source]
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MaCk0y » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:10 pm

He's still alive?: P

Sent from Neo N003
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby AdepT » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:26 pm

MaCk0y wrote:He's still alive?: P

Sent from Neo N003

We're "unearthing" stars. :P
AdepT
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby Ottomeister13 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:25 pm

Those guys are just a joke ''to promote soccer there''.. They only go to India, China, Qatar to fill their pockets because they almost failed everywhere in Europe. Same goes for Anelka etc.
Ottomeister13

Postby BayernLove » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:09 pm

Indian football? Pahahahahaha
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
BayernLove
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:30 pm

MaCk0y wrote:He's still alive?: P

Sent from Neo N003

I was surprised that he's still playing. Had no idea.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Jorsett » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:16 pm

Is it true that Anelka is going to India?
#DankeBasti
Jorsett
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Norway

Postby AdepT » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:48 pm

Jorsett wrote:Is it true that Anelka is going to India?

Mumbai FC.
AdepT
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby Ottomeister13 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:32 pm

We could ask a more appropriate question.. Where didnt Anelka go to..
Ottomeister13

Postby nm462272 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:59 pm

Ottomeister13 wrote:We could ask a more appropriate question.. Where didnt Anelka go to..

Thankfully Bayern.
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby prasun77 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:33 pm

del piero will play in india too! david james also!
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Next

Return to Football Around the World