You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Indian Football

Discussions about football played outside Europe, or international competitions.

Re: Indian Football

Postby Lukas » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:03 pm

America USA wrote:One day I hope to see India play in the FIFA World Cup. For such a big country it's a damn shame that Indian football is in such a sorry state. Also, the problem with the country is its obsession with one sport only - Cricket.

Cricket is a dying sport anyway. I heard that the teams in the Cricket WC have been reduced instead of increasing them. Then there is that snooze fest format called Test Cricket where players play for Five days in front of empty stadiums (except maybe in England)

Hopefully more and more Indian youngsters will find Football a more exciting and simpler sport and take it up instead.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: Test cricket is the greatest sport in the world. Skill, mental strength, athleticism (especially fast bowlers), tactics. Everything you could want from a game.

The day football takes over cricket as India's no.1 sport (hopefully not in my lifetime) will be a sad one.
Lukas
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
England

Postby America USA » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:36 pm

Lukas wrote:
America USA wrote:One day I hope to see India play in the FIFA World Cup. For such a big country it's a damn shame that Indian football is in such a sorry state. Also, the problem with the country is its obsession with one sport only - Cricket.

Cricket is a dying sport anyway. I heard that the teams in the Cricket WC have been reduced instead of increasing them. Then there is that snooze fest format called Test Cricket where players play for Five days in front of empty stadiums (except maybe in England)

Hopefully more and more Indian youngsters will find Football a more exciting and simpler sport and take it up instead.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: Test cricket is the greatest sport in the world. Skill, mental strength, athleticism (especially fast bowlers), tactics. Everything you could want from a game.

The day football takes over cricket as India's no.1 sport (hopefully not in my lifetime) will be a sad one.

Only you Brits and maybe Aussies consider Test Cricket relevant in any way or form. Even Cricket crazy countries like India, Pakistan and Srilanka prefer the T20 format over that snooze fest called Test Cricket. Hell you'll find empty grounds for Test Cricket even in South Africa and New Zealand nowadays. Accept it Test Cricket will not last in the next couple of decades. Maybe only the Ashes will remain solely because of tradition.

And no it will not be a sad day. Rather an exciting one to see how a country with such a huge population and so much potential does at Football. I sense fear in your tone, afraid that one more International team (let alone a former colony of yours) will be beating the overrated English NT?? :lol:
America USA
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Lukas » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:43 pm

America USA wrote:
Lukas wrote:

Only you Brits and maybe Aussies consider Test Cricket relevant in any way or form. Even Cricket crazy countries like India, Pakistan and Srilanka prefer the T20 format over that snooze fest called Test Cricket. Hell you'll find empty grounds for Test Cricket even in South Africa and New Zealand nowadays. Accept it Test Cricket will not last in the next couple of decades. Maybe only the Ashes will remain solely because of tradition.

And no it will not be a sad day. Rather an exciting one to see how a country with such a huge population and so much potential does at Football. I sense fear in your tone, afraid that one more International team (let alone a former colony of yours) will be beating the overrated English NT?? :lol:

Never thought I'd be having an argument about cricket with a yank. At least cricket in some form will always be played by more than one country. When's the next Yank "football" or baseball world cup then?

Where did I say that I do not fear for Test cricket's future? I and many cricket lovers feel it's days are numbered but that doesn't mean we are a happy about it. Bringing some context to Test cricket like a league structure, rather than random bilateral series might revive it who knows, but that looks a long way off.

And for the record I do not give a **** about the English national football team. Overpaid, overrated, mentally challenged chavs. I support Germany.

Why mention the **** empire too like I'm some kind of Rule Britannia brexiteer cunt? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: I'm 24, and from a family of normal working class people going down the centuries. Why would I give a **** about whether a certain country used to be in the empire? It's nothing to do with me and was nothing to do with my ancestors as they were not part of the elite.
Lukas
I post all the time

National Flag:
England

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:04 pm

Lukas wrote:
America USA wrote:
Lukas wrote:[quote="America USA"]One day I hope to see India play in the FIFA World Cup. For such a big country it's a damn shame that Indian football is in such a sorry state. Also, the problem with the country is its obsession with one sport only - Cricket.

And no it will not be a sad day. Rather an exciting one to see how a country with such a huge population and so much potential does at Football. I sense fear in your tone, afraid that one more International team (let alone a former colony of yours) will be beating the overrated English NT??

Never thought I'd be having an argument about cricket with a yank. At least cricket in some form will always be played by more than one country. When's the next Yank "football" or baseball world cup then?

Where did I say that I do not fear for Test cricket's future? I and many cricket lovers feel it's days are numbered but that doesn't mean we are a happy about it. Bringing some context to Test cricket like a league structure, rather than random bilateral series might revive it who knows, but that looks a long way off.

And for the record I do not give a **** about the English national football team. Overpaid, overrated, mentally challenged chavs. I support Germany.

Why mention the **** empire too like I'm some kind of Rule Britannia brexiteer cunt? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: I'm 24, and from a family of normal working class people going down the centuries. Why would I give a **** about whether a certain country used to be in the empire? It's nothing to do with me and was nothing to do with my ancestors as they were not part of the elite.[/quote]O.T So you don't give a fuxx about us either no?
I thought that I was going to meet you here next Friday ...
Will you watch the match at least?

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Lukas » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:10 pm

Well Germany are on at the same time I think so... :mrgreen:

Up until recently I did not even know that Malta was a colony. That's how much interest I have in the whole empire shit. To me when people mention the empire it's as bad as the Brits, Poles and the rest going on about the Third Reich to modern day Germans.
Lukas
I post all the time

National Flag:
England

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:01 pm

Lukas wrote:Well Germany are on at the same time I think so... :mrgreen:

Up until recently I did not even know that Malta was a colony. That's how much interest I have in the whole empire shit. To me when people mention the empire it's as bad as the Brits, Poles and the rest going on about the Third Reich to modern day Germans.
You did not know that?? Cyprus as well was just like us.
Let me tell you one thing we were were few votes away from becoming part of the UK with the integration referendum held in the late 50s(1958 I think)

ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Lukas » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:13 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
Lukas wrote:Well Germany are on at the same time I think so... :mrgreen:

You did not know that?? Cyprus as well was just like us.
Let me tell you one thing we were were few votes away from becoming part of the UK with the integration referendum held in the late 50s(1958 I think)

Genuinely had no idea until it was mentioned on Eurovision once :lol: But then my knowledge of the Empire is based around whether they play cricket (to at least world cup qualifying level) or not :lol: Although a few countries that were not British colonies have recently started playing and qualifying for world cups like Afghanistan and the Netherlands (not bad for a "dying sport")

Didn't know about the referendum. You had a lucky escape...
Lukas
I post all the time

National Flag:
England

Postby America USA » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:30 pm

Lukas wrote:Never thought I'd be having an argument about cricket with a yank. At least cricket in some form will always be played by more than one country. When's the next Yank "football" or baseball world cup then?

Why mention the **** empire too like I'm some kind of Rule Britannia brexiteer cunt? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: I'm 24, and from a family of normal working class people going down the centuries. Why would I give a **** about whether a certain country used to be in the empire? It's nothing to do with me and was nothing to do with my ancestors as they were not part of the elite.

Dude you sound triggered. It was just banter, relax! No need to get so butthurt over it. However, it seems I touched a nerve there! :lol:

As for you making fun of American Football and Baseball I couldn't care less. I'm a soccer and basketball person. I personally can't stand the NFL!

Lastly, a sport where the WC participants are decreased rather than increased is on a downward spiral, whether someone likes it or not.
America USA
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Lukas » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:57 pm

America USA wrote:
Lukas wrote:Never thought I'd be having an argument about cricket with a yank. At least cricket in some form will always be played by more than one country. When's the next Yank "football" or baseball world cup then?

Dude you sound triggered. It was just banter, relax! No need to get so butthurt over it. However, it seems I touched a nerve there! :lol:

As for you making fun of American Football and Baseball I couldn't care less. I'm a soccer and basketball person. I personally can't stand the NFL!

Lastly, a sport where the WC participants are decreased rather than increased is on a downward spiral, whether someone likes it or not.

I admit it did touch a nerve, sorry. I am just very passionate in my views. I understand the UK has a bad rep worldwide for reasons I fully accept but I just like to distance myself from it, try to show that we're not all complete tossers! Thought the fact that I support a German football team would be enough of a clue that I'm not an average insular, backward looking Brit!
Lukas
I post all the time

National Flag:
England

Postby prasun77 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:40 pm

Forget everything I said about Elber earlier..he is the best!
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:06 am

prasun77 wrote:Forget everything I said about Elber earlier..he is the best!

This Facebook post is no longer available. It may have been removed or the privacy settings of the post may have changed
what was it about ?

P.S well done for your post in the quiz : it was super impossible to find the solution
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Previous

Return to Football Around the World