You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Generic football news

Discussions about football played outside Europe, or international competitions.

Re: Generic football news

Postby pyrasur » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:41 am

tflags wrote:
JANCKER wrote:
Vladimir Putin allegedly gave UEFA President Michel Platini a Picasso in exchange for a FIFA World Cup vote [source]

So? Someone gives me a Picasso I'm voting back to back WCs in Gibraltar.

Beats Qatar...
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby runaway » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:08 am

Blatter: FIFA not responsible for welfare of migrant workers in Qatar

Blatter: ''They (the companies that employed them) are responsible for their workers.''

From their site on social responsibility:
"FIFA takes its social responsibility very seriously and works hard to make a positive impact on society and the environment.

As guardians of the world's favourite game, we believe we have a duty to ensure that everyone involved with a FIFA event maximises the positive and minimises the negative impact that FIFA activities might have on society and the environment – both at a local and a global level."

“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:37 pm

shoking :( in Argentina some ultras murdered an opposing player... how low... the second murder in 6 days after the other incident in spain [source]
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:02 pm

this platini is crazy... as there is not enough games and injuries, hopefully the big clubs will stop their players joining their respective NT [source]
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:47 pm

thierry henry has retired... one of my favourites players I used to admire him in his arsenal days...what an artist [source]

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby pyrasur » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:16 pm

Legend. Wish I could get Sky just to listen to Thierry Henry. He has a deep and thoughtful understanding of the game, and the way he explains the game is among the most coherent I've listened to. Absolute respect for him.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby JANCKER » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:23 pm

pyrasur wrote:Legend. Wish I could get Sky just to listen to Thierry Henry. He has a deep and thoughtful understanding of the game, and the way he explains the game is among the most coherent I've listened to. Absolute respect for him.

.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby runaway » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:48 am

China makes football compulsory at school.

In 2016 football will become an option in the national university-entrance exam. This could help overcome resistance among parents to their children being distracted from their academic studies by ball-kicking

This is one of the reasons football doesn't take off in non-footballing countries. Letting a kid focus on a sport forgoing a college diploma, that's an unacceptable idea for a lot of parents especially here in Asia. And without a proper local league, parents would not think being a professional football player is actually a profession. China's professional league is Serie A in 2006. Match-fixing, corruption, the works.

Football's popularity in Japan was boosted before by schoolchildren and the anime Captain Tsubasa.
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby Korab » Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:59 pm

The 25 Most Valuable Soccer Players In The World

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/top-25-s ... z3N0UdiBPo
The most ridiculous list I’ve ever seen. Who the hell can cook shit like that and post it yet. I will forget few names on this list because they’re very good players, the only question is relative valuation.
Eden Hazard, Ozil, Oscar, Raheem Sterling, Ross Barkley, Daniel Sturridge, Mario Balottelli, Lukaku, Busquets or Mata, who are they? The plus for them must be playing in EPL or La liga.
And then you have Pogba, Cavanni, Suarez, Costa, Isco and for all of it Rooney, I must be retarded not to understand that list. I would not trade even one of first 16-18 Bayern players for those in above list maybe with exception of Pogba.
1. Lionel Messi (Barcelona, Argentina) — $272-317 million
2. Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid, Portugal) — $144-167 million
3. Luis Suarez (Liverpool, Uruguay) — $134-156 million
4. Eden Hazard (Chelsea, Belgium) — $103-120 million
5. Neymar (Barcelona, Brazil) — $86-99 million
6. Paul Pogba (Juventus, France) — $83-96 million
7. Gareth Bale (Real Madrid, Wales) — $80-92 million
8. Mesut Ozil (Arsenal, Germany) — $67-78 million
9. Edinson Cavani (PSG, Uruguay) — $65-76 million
10. Mario Gotze (Bayern Munich, Germany) — $64-74 million
11. Diego Costa (Atletico Madrid, Spain) — $64-74 million
12. Oscar (Chelsea, Brazil) — $63-$72 million
13. Sergio Aguero (Manchester City, Argentina) — $62-72 million
14. Isco (Real Madrid, Spain) — $56-65 million
15. Raheem Sterling (Liverpool, England) — $53-61 million
16. Ross Barkley (Everton, England) — $50-58 million
17. Thomas Muller (Bayern Munich, Germany) — $50-$58 million
18. Wayne Rooney (Manchester United, England) — $50-58 million
19. Daniel Sturridge (Liverpool, England) — $50-58 million
20. Andres Iniesta (Barcelona, Spain) — $50-58 million
21. Mario Balotelli (AC Milan, Italy) — $48-56 million
22. Romelu Lukaku (Chelsea, Belgium) — $48-56 million
23. Juan Mata (Manchester United, Spain) — $47-54 million
24. Sergio Busquets (Barcelona, Spain) — $47-54 million
25. James Rodriguez (Monaco, Colombia) — $47-54 million

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/top-25-s ... z3N0USk4fn
Korab
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:23 pm

List must be old. Suarez listed as a Liverpool player, Balotelli at Milan
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby runaway » Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:49 pm

It was published last June by the CIES Football Observatory.

The title of the article is misleading. This is not about the VALUE (which takes into account the personal brand and marketability or the importance of the player in his team) but the ESTIMATED MARKET VALUE (statistically predicted transfer fee).The body of the post explains it clearly that it is about the transfer fee. Note:
The ninth edition of the CIES Football Observatory Annual Review anticipates the kick-off of the 2014 World Cup.

For example, our analysis of the pitch performance of players during the 2013/14 big-5 league season suggests that it will be very difficult to score against Brazil. Indeed, Thiago Silva, Dante, Dani Alves, Maxwell, Marcelo and Maicon are among the best performing players in their respective position. Felipe Scolari could even afford not to select other very productive and efficient defenders such as Rafinha and Luis Filipe.

:lol:

If you look at the pdf, you'll see the Top 60 and Bayern has 5 players. Goetze (10), Mueller (17), Alaba (51), Neuer (55), and Boateng (60)
The statistical model developed includes a multitude of variables relating to the following areas: age, length of contract remaining, position, player performance at club level for last and previous seasons (matches, minutes, goals, assists, passes, tackles, interceptions, etc.), results of the clubs to which players belong, as well as players’ international experience and results of association represented at national A-team level.

In terms of marketability, you won't see Bayern players high in any list. Sportsmediapro, who has an annual Most Valuable athletes list, explains why:
The national team brand outstrips the stars that comprise it, in marketing terms at least. The German national soccer team has fallen into the same category this year. Several German soccer players were considered, including Mario Götze, Manuel Neuer and Mezut Özil, but it is the strength of the national brand that shines brightest just now in one of Europe’s mega-markets.

If you saw my post in the Bayern miscellaneous thread, BrandFinance named Bayern, the most valuable club again this year.
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby runaway » Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:04 pm

PL is the highest talent importer among the 5 biggest leagues. [source]

Spoiler: show

While France is the biggest talent exporter. Argentina and Brazil 2nd, Spain 4th, and Switzerland 5th. Germany is 15th.
Spoiler: show
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby Korab » Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:25 pm

runaway wrote:It was published last June by the CIES Football Observatory.

The title of the article is misleading. This is not about the VALUE (which takes into account the personal brand and marketability or the importance of the player in his team) but the ESTIMATED MARKET VALUE (statistically predicted transfer fee).The body of the post explains it clearly that it is about the transfer fee. Note:
The ninth edition of the CIES Football Observatory Annual Review anticipates the kick-off of the 2014 World Cup.

For example, our analysis of the pitch performance of players during the 2013/14 big-5 league season suggests that it will be very difficult to score against Brazil. Indeed, Thiago Silva, Dante, Dani Alves, Maxwell, Marcelo and Maicon are among the best performing players in their respective position. Felipe Scolari could even afford not to select other very productive and efficient defenders such as Rafinha and Luis Filipe.

If you look at the pdf, you'll see the Top 60 and Bayern has 5 players. Goetze (10), Mueller (17), Alaba (51), Neuer (55), and Boateng (60)
The statistical model developed includes a multitude of variables relating to the following areas: age, length of contract remaining, position, player performance at club level for last and previous seasons (matches, minutes, goals, assists, passes, tackles, interceptions, etc.), results of the clubs to which players belong, as well as players’ international experience and results of association represented at national A-team level.

In terms of marketability, you won't see Bayern players high in any list. Sportsmediapro, who has an annual Most Valuable athletes list, explains why:
The national team brand outstrips the stars that comprise it, in marketing terms at least. The German national soccer team has fallen into the same category this year. Several German soccer players were considered, including Mario Götze, Manuel Neuer and Mezut Özil, but it is the strength of the national brand that shines brightest just now in one of Europe’s mega-markets.

If you saw my post in the Bayern miscellaneous thread, BrandFinance named Bayern, the most valuable club again this year.

Whatever they take into consideration who is Lukaku vs Muller? And I don't want to go any deeper into it. What the **** is marketability? It means that Muller will be half the price of Lukaku? Give me a break!
I would not take Oscar+Lukaku for Muller
Korab
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Korab » Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:42 pm

And let's look seriously at that list from point of view of results:
1. Everybody likes to complain about Lewa (just check goals, assists, play time), half a season in new club'
2. Costa,
3. Suarez,
4. Cavanni
5. Different leagues
I understand the injuries, price, usefulness and so on, just be rational at this point.
Korab
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby runaway » Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:27 pm

The statistical model is only as good as the numbers used. As I quoted above, from their opening in their annual report, they said that from analysing pitch performance in leagues from last season, the Brazil's defenders are amongst the top performers thus assuming that it'll be very difficult to score against them... yeah 7-1. Life can be stranger than fiction even maths. :wink:

Also, their model doesn't actually take into account the player and the clubs' preference. Bayern doesn't sell it's important players often. That should add a premium to the estimated player's transfer fee. Can you actually imagine Bayern selling Muller for 40M? No right?

Meanwhile, they estimated Lukaku (he's still a loanee in this report) at 35.2 - 41.0 euros. How much did Everton pay for him? 35.36M euros. If Suarez didn't bite his way out of Liverpool, he could have been more expensive. Another proof reality can deviate, Rodriguez' estimated value was 34.2 - 39.8M euros. How much did RM bought him? 80M euros.

This list is not player vs player, who is better, who is the most VALUABLE/important for their team, etc. They are just statistically produced results of players' estimated transfer fees. Just like stock prices. One stock isn't better than the other just because the other is cheaper.

Their explanation why Messi is twice the value of Ronaldo:
This is mainly related to the younger age of the Argentinian prodigy, who was born 28 months after the Portuguese superstar
By marketability, it means the players' own brand and the pulling power they have on sponsors and the general consumers. At this point, no Bayern player has better or equal brand value as Bayern. Unlike for example Ronaldo, Messi, and Neymar. Our players when they endorse something, Bayern is still somehow connected. Meanwhile athletes who are very marketable, their own brand can stand on it's own.

Have you seen Goetze's twitter? He has some kind of logo for himself. :lol:

Don't take it too seriously man. Who cares about estimated market value when more often than not, the actual fees deviate from it.
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

PreviousNext

Return to Football Around the World