You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

FIFA/FIFPro World XI Predictions?

Discussions about football played outside Europe, or international competitions.

Re: FIFA/FIFPro World XI Predictions?

Postby Badger » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:41 pm

All from just 4 clubs: Barcelona 4, Bayern Munich 3, Real Madrid 2, PSG 2.

FIFA FIFPro WORLD XI FORWARDS
Cristiano Ronaldo (POR / Real Madrid)
Zlatan Ibrahimovic (SWE / Paris Saint-Germain)
Lionel Messi (ARG / Barcelona)

FIFA FIFPro WORLD XI MIDFIELDERS:
Andres Iniesta (ESP / Barcelona)
Xavi (ESP / Barcelona)
Franck Ribery (FRA / Bayern Munich)

FIFA FIFPro WORLD XI DEFENDERS:
Philipp Lahm (GER / Bayern Munich)
Sergio Ramos (ESP / Real Madrid)
Thiago Silva (BRA / Paris Saint-Germain)
Dani Alves (BRA / Barcelona)

FIFA FIFPro WORLD XI GOALKEEPER:
Manuel Neuer (GER / Bayern Munich)
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Northern Ireland
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:22 pm

Borusse, any comments? I think you deserved at least 2-3 players.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCB general » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:32 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Borusse, any comments? I think you deserved at least 2-3 players.

Any comments, they surely deserved 3 players, maybe 4. Reus, Gündo, Hummels, Lewy. Disgrace, total disgrace.

Alaba under Alves, Xaviesta instead of Gündo and Robben... Man, I still cannot believe how Fifa direct spat Klopp and entire Dortmund. :x
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby FCB general » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:12 pm

We can close the case and say this is WORLD'S BEST ELEVEN IN 2013 - FC BAYERN MÜNCHEN!
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby kod2600 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:26 pm

I swear the World XI turned out to be a way funnier joke than the player of the year award. Are you kidding me? Ignoring Alaba? Gundogan? Hummels? Schweinsteiger? Are you **** kidding me?!?!!?!?
My blood is RED
My team is RED
It's Bayern München till I'm DEAD

Mia San Mia
kod2600
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Palestine

Postby Der Bomber » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:25 am

Absolute disgrace this award is. Dani Alves has done NOTHING to even come close to deserve a spot in this. Xavi & Iniesta were absolutely owned by Bayern's midfield & they're both there instead of Schweinsteiger & Martinez. Gundogan was absolutely world class last season & didn't even get mentioned. Dante was a rock in the back & Bayern beat most if not all the defensive records last season & he isn't even mentioned. Sergio Ramos was beyond garbage last season, I remember the Madrid fans calling for his head & to sell him & seeing him get carded constantly & he's still there.

It's done, this FIFA "award ceremony" a.k.a. popularity contest has lost all of the little credibility it had left. Blatter needs to be thrown out of FIFA like the dog that he is & they needs a serious change in this organisation. Even Platini was pissed off after this ceremony & questioned the methods of selection of the winners. I just lost all of my faith towards FIFA & as my post shows, I am pretty pissed off.
Der Bomber
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Canada

Postby MatZam » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:29 am

To be honest, I wasn't too shocked by the Ballon d'Or Choice. Ronaldo had been touted as the most potential winner for a while. The FIFA XI, on the other hand, is a real disgrace, not only to Bayern but also to other teams like Dortmund.

But on the other hand, who cares? People don't remember the FIFA XI team for every year. People MAY remember the Ballon d'Or winner for every year. But people DEFINITELY remember the team who won a Treble, smashed and fought through the champions of Spain, Italy and the recently deposed German ones to get it, after a preceding year of hurt. 2013 (except by some select people) will not be remembered by the people as FIFA XI's year, or Ronaldo's year. 2013 will be synonymous with Bayern Munchen and our rise from chokers to champions.

Were I a professional footballer (and I can assure you that I am not :P ), what would I prefer? A major individual award for me with nothing for team? Or more minor individual awards, but unprecedented team success? I would pick the latter unreservedly.

PS: In no way do I mean to insult Ronaldo. He is one of the greats of this generation and by no means do I wish to belittle his achievement. Neither do I want to sound overly dramatic, but this is what I wanted to write after seeing a number of articles around the internet, so forgive me if I have.
MatZam
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB general » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:32 am

This should have been named as Fifa XI 2013. Otherwise, maybe another Dortmund player as Hummels to put instead of Dante. No more, no less.

This is a truly eleven of 2013.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby Achilles » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:00 am

Guys you are overreacting.
As I said many times about Ballon Dor,Ribery's chances were near to zero since they extended the voting date.With all due respect to any of you,whoever thought Ribery was going to win this trophy was a moron and if you got shocked because he ended up 3rd you are living to an imaginary football world.

It's a shame when someone don't recongize your work,same goes for anyone of us,Ribery and any other Bayern player WON everything is there to win,prizes such as Ballon D'or or FIFPRO XI,European Player of the year are awesome but nothing compared to major trophies and the difference is that individual trophies like these you earn it,they give it to you you don't WIN IT -golden shoe is an exception- it might sounds the same but it isn't so everything is ok,as Bayern wins trophies so everything is fine.

When FIFA got the ownership this trophies and this fest became a circus immediately,since 2010 even the World XI became a joke.Personally I gave up taking this seriously and anticipating the ceremony like the past years which were more objective mocking players such as Sneijder,Xavi,Iniesta like the are nothing compared to Messi.I have to admit that the real disgrace wasn't the Ballon Dor Winners(4x Messi,now CR7 which are fantastic players) but last year's 2012 World XI with all participants from La Liga,that was such a shame and a joke as this one with Ramos and switching Lahm as LB because of D.Alves,last year annoyed me a bit,this time I laughed so hard.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Postby Nicknickolodean » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:25 am

I just CANNOT believe there is NO dortmund players in that... As much as I hate Dortmund, I really think they deserved at least three players in the World XI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bayern x Bundesliga

Nicknickolodean
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
South Korea

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:03 am

Achilles wrote:Guys you are overreacting.
As I said many times about Ballon Dor,Ribery's chances were near to zero since they extended the voting date.With all due respect to any of you,whoever thought Ribery was going to win this trophy was a moron and if you got shocked because he ended up 3rd you are living to an imaginary football world.

It's a shame when someone don't recongize your work,same goes for anyone of us,Ribery and any other Bayern player WON everything is there to win,prizes such as Ballon D'or or FIFPRO XI,European Player of the year are awesome but nothing compared to major trophies and the difference is that individual trophies like these you earn it,they give it to you you don't WIN IT -golden shoe is an exception- it might sounds the same but it isn't so everything is ok,as Bayern wins trophies so everything is fine.

When FIFA got the ownership this trophies and this fest became a circus immediately,since 2010 even the World XI became a joke.Personally I gave up taking this seriously and anticipating the ceremony like the past years which were more objective mocking players such as Sneijder,Xavi,Iniesta like the are nothing compared to Messi.I have to admit that the real disgrace wasn't the Ballon Dor Winners(4x Messi,now CR7 which are fantastic players) but last year's 2012 World XI with all participants from La Liga,that was such a shame and a joke as this one with Ramos and switching Lahm as LB because of D.Alves,last year annoyed me a bit,this time I laughed so hard.

You are very right but yet again the team of the yr is so :(
have a look at these past winners: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFPro
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB general » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:19 am

Barcelona 4-3 Bayern: World XI proves football fraternity wedded to Clasico myth

While the selections of Thiago Silva and Zlatan Ibrahimovic should be lauded, there are once again some baffling inclusions in Fifa's FIFPro list
COMMENT
By Peter Staunton

So Bayern Munich beat Barcelona 7-0 on aggregate en route to winning a treble last season but the Catalans outscore Bayern 4-3 in the headcount for the Fifa FIFPro World Team of the Year.

If that illustrates anything it is that the football fraternity is still wedded to the notion that football begins and ends in Spain.

Some 45,000 players cast their vote for the World XI and, while a lot of the choices are irrefutable, there are still some baffling inclusions that can only be explained by the way of reputation. It's a long time since Xavi merited a place in a list like this - based on form, ostensibly, not reputation - while his Barcelona team-mate Dani Alves is the standout in the 'What were they thinking?' category.

“It’s something special. The importance of being chosen by other players is the fact that you have been selected by people who know what they are talking about – people who know how difficult football is, how hard it is to compete and to win in a world where everyone plays and plays so well," was Alves' assessment of it. “So you are being chosen by people who understand whereas, for example, the Ballon d’Or is chosen by people who think they understand.”

It can only be assumed that a good proportion of the electorate either did not see much of Barcelona in 2013 or that they are voting on autopilot.

Likewise, while Sergio Ramos was lucky to make it into the 2012 XI when he won the Liga title and Euro 2012, his selection in the 2013 list is laughable. He was not even the best central defender at Real Madrid in 2013, let alone in the world. After seeing his name included, this writer was half-expecting Iker Casillas to be lurking in goal. Thankfully, the football world at large has noticed that San Iker is no longer first-choice in Chamartin.

Real Madrid and Barcelona are awe-inspiring clubs and it is clear that footballers the world over still admire their players like no others. While Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo, quite rightly, are the yardstick by which other attackers are measured, the remainder of the squads at Camp Nou and the Santiago Bernabeu are not always worth shouting about.

There are more deserving candidates out there for positions in this XI. Mostly from Bayern.

“They won so many competitions and perhaps the most important one of all, so it’s normal they should have so many players with a chance of being in the XI,” Dani Alves told Goal. “My year has been fairly consistent and I have won things too. But they have done really well and, if they are chosen, it will be on merit.”

Manuel Neuer and Franck Ribery are shoo-ins but their team-mates are conspicuous by their absence. Why not put Philipp Lahm to right back - it's a long time since he played left-back in any team - and switch his Bayern team-mate David Alaba for Dani Alves?

Dante has had a year as close to flawless as any central defender in the modern game. He was a must-pick. Ramos must go.

In midfield, Ilkay Gundogan was the best central midfielder in Europe before injury struck. Out go Xavi and his reputation. By bringing in more Bundesliga-based representatives, it adjusts the picture accurately, just as a more credible world XI at the bottom of this feature illustrates.

Nonetheless, it is an encouraging portent that the talents at Paris Saint-Germain are rightly being lauded. Zlatan Ibrahimovic can count himself unlucky to be out of the running for the main award so it is heartening to see he is held in such high esteem by his fellow pros. Thiago Silva has long been acknowledged as the best centre-back in the world and that, belatedly, is borne out after earning the respect of his peers.

But this lineup does not show the players in the most encouraging of lights. In a world in which Nicklas Bendtner claimed to never have heard of Andrey Arshavin before he joined Arsenal and Mario Balotelli does not know who Jack Wilshere is, perhaps the players themselves are not always the most accurate weather vanes for the game's top performers.

Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby Badger » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:40 am

^^ Very well stated.
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby MUTU » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:16 pm

Can't see tweet? Click here!

I'd say Dortmund, hands down. A third of their counterattacks would probably result in a goal. Imagine Reus with all that space in midfield running against Alves and Ramos...
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby AdepT » Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:16 pm

FIFA and Barcelona have been Sammered. 8) :lol:

Mathias Sammer : "I see that Barcelona have more players than us in the team of the year despite our 5 titles and the aggregate score when we met last season, so we have to do more this season,maybe winning the Spanish league too."
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

PreviousNext

Return to Football Around the World