You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

FIFA Ballon d'Or 2013

Discussions about football played outside Europe, or international competitions.

Re: FIFA Ballon d'Or

Postby MUTU » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:12 pm

Dalv wrote:where is Joachim Low's vote?

He refused to vote.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Jorge » Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:36 pm

MUTU wrote:Here you can see who voted for who: click here

Just the exercise of going through and reading the votes is a big proof of how idiotic this award has become.

How can FIFA give the same weight to the votes of highly specialized media figures -who make their living trying to be objective and have credibility- to the opinion of national team captains of some remote islands in the Pacific or the Caribbean who spend most of the time fishing or taking their kids to the cricket games respectively? Keep in mind that there are Football national Teams made out taxi drivers and hotel porters. FIFA wants to be democratic and inclusive but it is not credible. It is like if the Academy of Motion Pictures in Hollywood decides to give voting rights for the Oscars to the movie theater clerks and janitors just because they are part of the business.

Even if you take into consideration only the National Teams Captain’s votes, how can the votes of Phieron Wilson, Girdon Connor or Simione Tamanisau can equate to the ones of Philip Lahm, Iker Casillas and Zatlan Ibrahimovic ? The more you read through you will realize that many votes are clearly decided by being a fan of an X player more than looking objectively to what each nominee accomplished in the subject year, in the media votes there is some of that, in the coaches votes there is even more of that, in the captains votes there way too much to the point that it looks childish.

The Qatar vote, now the Ballon d’Or and FIFA’s/FIPro XI………….I see the way is going: Shame on FIFA!
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby unknownsoul » Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:46 pm

And btw, these is a map of Captains first choices - http://www.nu.nl/files/datajournalistiek/goudenbalkaart2013.htm
unknownsoul
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby Jorge » Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:32 pm

Captain - Poland - Blaszczykowski Jakub: 1. Cristiano Ronaldo 2.Messi Lionel 3.Lewandowski Robert
Coach - Poland - Nawalka Adam: 1. Lewandowski Robert 2. Hazard Eden 3. Messi Lionel
Media - Poland - Iwanski Maciej: 1. Ribéry Franck 2.Cristiano Ronaldo 3.Lewandowski Robert

Blaszczykowski's vote................
Last edited by Jorge on Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby runaway » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:33 pm

What an article by Clark Whitney! And the comments just further proves his points. =D> Why Cristiano Ronaldo's Ballon D'Or Sends the Wrong Message

Some qoutes from his article:
One might think that he'd just retired, having won the World Cup for his homeland. Or maybe the Champions League. Or at least the Ballon d'Or.

No, at the time of each of his recent honors, Ronaldo hadn't won a single competition with club or country since the 2012 Spanish Supercopa.

History can remember them as premature celebrations of his being named winner of the 2013 Ballon d'Or, an award that sent a regrettable message to fans, aspiring footballers and especially Ronaldo himself: When discerning the wheat from the chaff, image is everything. Results hold little currency.

Ronaldo opened the scoring eight times last season. Marco Reus, whose goals tally (24) was not even half of Ronaldo's in the same campaign, had nearly double (15) as many openers—these goals were more decisive and therefore more valuable. Ask Ronaldo himself, and he would gladly have traded a few of his less important goals for a third against Dortmund.

The lesson to be learned from Ronaldo's 2013 is that a player can be exceptionally prolific while resoundingly indecisive. Scoring is only scoring; football is more than that.

Satisfaction begets complacency and complacency begets stagnation.

It normally would be unjust to place so much blame on one player, but when that player accepts as much responsibility as Ronaldo, he must be held accountable for both success and failure. The best player in the world would get more from such star-studded teams as Real and Portugal.
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:36 pm

“I’m disappointed for Ribery, but I know that Ronaldo is a deserving winner of the FIFA Ballon d’Or."
Michel Platini, UEFA President
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby walter » Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:46 pm

Kudos to my countryman and Venezuelan NT captain, Juan Arango, for voting Ribery first and Thomas Muller third (Ronaldo second). =D>
Last edited by walter on Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby MUTU » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:10 pm

My only countryman voting put Lahm third, so respect to him too :)
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:33 pm

MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:39 pm

MUTU wrote:Image

I saw the pic on fifa(mafia).com
On the subject on fifa.com I've posted 3 posts, however only the one on Jupp was published. In the feature were Ribery said that he prefer to win the world cup or repeat last season with Bayern; I've praised his comments and added that we all that he plays for the team and for us the supporters etc
Then on the 2nd article RE that Ronaldo is aiming for a 3rd ballon'd or ; I said how egoist he is and that in football it is the team honor that counts and not the individual ones.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Badger » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:55 am

runaway wrote:What an article by Clark Whitney! And the comments just further proves his points. =D> Why Cristiano Ronaldo's Ballon D'Or Sends the Wrong Message

That is an excellent article indeed.

As an aside, I emailed the link to it to some colleagues, and got the following response:
Did you see that that young Man Utd player Januzaj won the Fallon D’Floor award on the very same evening?
Well done and well deserved.
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby Dalv » Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:07 pm

check out those dribbles and runs, I'm gonna faint
Dalv
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Badger » Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:09 pm

^^ As an aside, when we're discussing missed chances in future, a benchmark for conversion rates, based on the world's best players, seems to be around 25% - I goal for every 4 shots.
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:01 pm

Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Achilles » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:11 pm

Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to Football Around the World