You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

FIFA Ballon d'Or 2013

Discussions about football played outside Europe, or international competitions.

Re: FIFA Ballon d'Or

Postby Badger » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:51 pm

While we Bayern fans may not like the final results, apart from the award given to Heynckes, we are probably still in a minority. The world at large probably reckons that these results aren't that far wrong. Trying to be as neutral as possible, I'd say that Alves in the FIFA World XI is the only one where I can't see how the voters reached that result. Life goes on. Hopefully Bayern can create a stronger case for more representation next year.
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Northern Ireland
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby MUTU » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:56 pm

The reason is pretty simple I think: loads more people are watching La Liga matches than the Bundesliga, and they're not going to vote for a player they've watched play 2 or 3 times in the Champions League, no matter how well he played. They will vote for the players they know more about.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCB general » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:06 pm

runaway wrote:
Jorge wrote:I hope that is time for crowds all over the word to raise banners in the stadia expressing frustration and denouncing FIFA’s corruption and wrongdoings. I am asking myself: what will FIFA do if in each match all over the world fans raise banners saying: FIFA = CORRUPTION or BLATTER = $$$$$$$$$$, or they chant throughout the games denouncing FIFA; are they going to come back to fine the clubs or National Teams?

They'll ban all paraphernalia, ban fans who protest from watching, fine clubs of the protesters. Game RUINED. Thanks FIFA. ](*,) :cry:

Jebene pičke! But I support the rebel of all fan groups all around the Europe. I like when they post some juicy insulting banners and make awesome choreo like Legia last season to Uefa. They totally deserve to be exposed.

The level of corruption in both Uefa and Fifa is just getting bigger and bigger. They don't even hide themselves like they didn't when the accept the biiiiig money in their pockets from Qatar. Obviously, they didn't have any real chance to get it, but the money decided and even though Angela Merkel protested, nobody didn't do anything to punish Fifa, take Qatar organisation of World Cup, one big NOTHING! #-o #-o #-o #-o
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby MaCk0y » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:07 pm

I was sure Ribery will come in third place just by going with the order of the nominations. :P
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby walter » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:09 pm

I really don't have a problem with Ronaldo winning the award, but the Fifpro XI is just a f*ckin travesty. I mean, Xavi, and I will say and I have been a big admirer of his game, didn't really do anything special in 2013; same with Iniesta and Alves. How are they ahead of Schweinsteiger, Robben and Alaba??? The Fifpro XI selection just undermines the significance of the Ballon d'Or.
Last edited by walter on Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby ballackfcb » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:12 pm

So how can Gaynaldo win this award with 0 trophies and Ribery has 5 trophies.

Ballack can't explain it and neither can I.

The only good things about tonight were Jupp, Ballack, Neuer, Lahm and Ribery.

We will see what Ronaldo wins at the end of the season compared to ribery :wink:
ballackfcb
2013/14 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby FCB general » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:13 pm

ballackfcb wrote:The only good things about tonight were Jupp, Ballack, Neuer, Lahm and Ribery.

Irina as well. :P http://www.wallpwpers.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Irina-shayk-hot-and-sexy.jpg
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby AvatarX » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:22 pm

To quote an old member: "Disgusted".

I have no more words to describe the XI (did anyone of those voters really watched the 4 CL semis where both best Spanish teams got hammered by us and Dortmund?) and the 2nd place for Messi.

It's sad, really sad. Hope we won CL twice in a row to get some of our deserved respect.
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:26 pm

MaCk0y wrote:I was sure Ribery will come in third place just by going with the order of the nominations. :P

Yeah I was wondering about that too during the ceremony.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:28 pm

AvatarX wrote:To quote an old member: "Disgusted".

I have no more words to describe the XI (did anyone of those voters really watched the 4 CL semis where both best Spanish teams got hammered by us and Dortmund?) and the 2nd place for Messi.

It's sad, really sad. Hope we won CL twice in a row to get some of our deserved respect.

It's just clear bias.

2012: Both Spanish teams narrowly eliminated in the semi-finals of the CL = 10 players between them
2013: Both Spanish teams humiliated in the semi-finals of the CL = 6 players between them, while the Germans finalists get 3 and 0 representatives respectively.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Badger » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:32 pm

FIFA BALLON D'OR
184 national team coaches, 184 national team captains and 173 media representatives voted.

Cristiano Ronaldo: 1,365 points

Lionel Messi: 1,205 points

Franck Ribery: 1,127 points.
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby OhioFan » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:45 pm

Badger wrote:FIFA BALLON D'OR
184 national team coaches, 184 national team captains and 173 media representatives voted.

Cristiano Ronaldo: 1,365 points

Lionel Messi: 1,205 points

Franck Ribery: 1,127 points.

Götterdämmerung
OhioFan
2015/16 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby lau03143 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:52 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
AvatarX wrote:To quote an old member: "Disgusted".

It's just clear bias.

2012: Both Spanish teams narrowly eliminated in the semi-finals of the CL = 10 players between them
2013: Both Spanish teams humiliated in the semi-finals of the CL = 6 players between them, while the Germans finalists get 3 and 0 representatives respectively.

To be fair Madrid weren't really humiliated though.
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby Evandro » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:05 pm

Danke Franck
Gaynaldo you suck's
FCB uber alles
Evandro
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Brazil

Postby MUTU » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:06 pm

AvatarX wrote:To quote an old member

You mean yourself? You're 40 now aren't you? :lol:
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Football Around the World