You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Corruption in Football

Discussions about football played outside Europe, or international competitions.

Re: Corruption in Football

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:51 pm

I think all these match fixers need to have an interview with Oprah like when Lance Armstrong admitted he cheated, she seems to be the cure for cheaters. :D But in all seriousness cheating in sports is worldwide, from doping mostly in American sports and match fixing. I think its the culture that needs to be tweaked more than the rules.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Tsmith001 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:12 pm

There is always exception to all cases and manual limitations of human sometimes drags him/her to get involved in cheating or something illegal. The cause is always either greed or physical weakness. So, at present ages it's become common thing to consider.
motorcycle shipping with reverse style auction
Tsmith001
First post

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCB general » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:20 pm

At least one Croat must be among the main protagonists. Without Croats all this doesn't make any sense. :mrgreen:
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby Lancashire » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:30 pm

Like so many cases you see of match fixing its usually not about who wins the game but the over under on the goals scored and from what ive heard thats the case with the Debrecen game against Liverpool is that the Goalkeeper had to make sure there was at least 3 goals in the game.

Its not just how many goals in a game though it would be very easy to bribe a player to ensure that there are a minimum number of throw-ins or corners during a game. There was a Wimbledon player who once said that during the "Grazy Gang" era at the club during the early 90's that they would always bet on the opposition to get the first throw-in which they would always win by over hitting a long ball to a striker to ensure that it went out of play this was normally done within the first minute or so of the game. This was only a bet made between a few players and it wasnt ever known about until about 10 years ago. Nothing was proved and dont think even any investigation took place as it was many years before and the rules on players betting on football matches they were involved in were changed.
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
Lancashire
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby MaCk0y » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:09 pm

Lancashire wrote:they would always bet on the opposition to get the first throw-in which they would always win by over hitting a long ball to a striker to ensure that it went out of play this was normally done within the first minute or so of the game.

Like Mainz did against us ? :P
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby lau03143 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:51 pm

Lancashire wrote:Like so many cases you see of match fixing its usually not about who wins the game but the over under on the goals scored and from what ive heard thats the case with the Debrecen game against Liverpool is that the Goalkeeper had to make sure there was at least 3 goals in the game.

Its not just how many goals in a game though it would be very easy to bribe a player to ensure that there are a minimum number of throw-ins or corners during a game. There was a Wimbledon player who once said that during the "Grazy Gang" era at the club during the early 90's that they would always bet on the opposition to get the first throw-in which they would always win by over hitting a long ball to a striker to ensure that it went out of play this was normally done within the first minute or so of the game. This was only a bet made between a few players and it wasnt ever known about until about 10 years ago. Nothing was proved and dont think even any investigation took place as it was many years before and the rules on players betting on football matches they were involved in were changed.

Matt Le Tissier tried something like that. He had to kick the ball out for a throw in straight from kick off, if tried too but didn't kick it hard enough.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1210882/Football-legend-Matthew-Le-Tissier-admits-10-000-Premier-League-betting-scam.html
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby Lancashire » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:03 pm

I remember Le Tiss saying something like that but i wasnt sure on the details.
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
Lancashire
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby gagaltampan » Thu May 16, 2013 9:56 pm

indonesia..my country..ah..nuff said..you'll find it on the news..the dualism..the corruption itself..late-wages..very disorderly fixtures with no legal permit..etc etc etc etc... :(
gagaltampan
Hey, I'm new here!

Postby ottackon » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:46 pm

ottackon

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:10 pm

FIFA president Sepp Blatter was showered with fake paper money by British comedian Lee Nelson before the start of a press conference today.
Once security guards had removed the protester, Blatter said he was delaying the start of the press conference.
He returned around 10 minutes later to address the media [source]
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Malta

Postby SBash22 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:39 pm

brilliant
SBash22
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:55 am

what happened to Fifa's mafiosi who were arrested last month ?
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FootballFan » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:22 pm

Speaking of corruption there is information being leaked out that someone (or authority) have been trying to get the ref and lines man to give them favorable calls in the upcoming clasico.

El Clasico in corruption storm as linesman claims he was told to favour Real Madrid in next month's clash with Barcelona

A potential match-fixing scandal has engulfed next month’s Clasico after a linesman complained to Spanish police that he had been told to favour Real Madrid by the matchday referee.

The identities of the match officials involved are being kept private for fear of reprisals against them but anti-corruption officials are understood to be taking the claims seriously.

The match officials for the Real Madrid against Barcelona fixture have not yet been confirmed but it is understood that one of the linesmen for the match had been contacted by the referee who told him that the refereeing committee were putting pressure on them to favour Real.

El Clasico, the game between Real Madrid and Barcelona, is at the centre of a match-fixing storm

A linesman has claimed he was told to favour Real Madrid for next month's La Liga clash.

Jose Angel Jimenez Munoz de Morales, a member of the referees' committee, is then accused of calling the linesman in question to apply extra pressure once it was made clear to him that the match official was not interested in following the alleged request to make biased calls against Barcelona.

Munoz de Morales responded to the claims on Wednesday night saying: ‘I have no idea where they come from. It is like something out of a Kafka novel’.
Atletico Madrid coach Diego Simeone caused a storm at the start of the season when he implied the league would be made easier for Real Madrid to win this year.

Simeone said in an interview: ‘The league is dangerously prepared for Real Madrid. Madrid cannot go seven years with only winning one league. This year I think that sadly it is difficult to see another team winning it.

Madrid were furious at the suggested conspiracy and many of their supporters point to the fact that their team have only been awarded one penalty so far this season while Barcelona have been given seven as proof that there is no favoritism.

Real will point to the fact that they have not had the rub of the green with refereeing decisions this season.

Atletico Madrid manager Diego Simeone claimed the league was 'dangerously prepared' for Real this season.

On Thursday, Spanish daily Mundo Deportivo ran the headline 'Bombshell!' before making three key front page points, the first being that, 'A linesman, who wants to remain anonymous, denounces the Referees Technical Committee to the Anticorruption Office.'
The second suggests the official in question, 'points to a former colleague with a Falangist past, his lawyer says that is not the only case, and the Civil Guard investigates.'
And 'according to him, the referees have received pressure to favour Madrid in the next Clasico on November 21.'

Meanwhile, fellow Spanish newspaper Sport leads with the headline 'Clasico under suspicion' before saying, 'an assistant referee complains of the pressure to prejudice against Barca.'

Vicente (lawyer linesman): "My client was told that he shouldn't worry about influencing game, that this had already happened before." [rac1]

Vicente (lawyer linesman): "My client said he was told he'd get a lower ranking if he didn't agree to favour Madrid in clasico." [rac1]

Vicente (lawyer linesman): "Other linesmen were also pressurized. Let's see if they also denounce it. Two or three could in coming days."

Vicente (lawyer linesman): "He wanted the story out there already. He was heavily pressurized and he decided to act now." [md]

note: linesman asked lawyer not to be named in complaint, but second linesman in the case is working with referee gonzalez gonzalez

note - document: complaint regarding pressure on linesman to favour madrid ahead of clasico at bernabeu in november http://www.cope.es/docs/2015/10/21/19370001_94_36_0.pdf

Madrid radio Cope confirms story about a complaint regarding pressure on linesman. They name member referee committee and publish document.

Threatened linesman filed formal complaint with anti-corruption prosecutor and Spanish police is now investigating the case. [l'esportiu]

The idea is for the linesman to make the wrong calls, because it causes less upset than when the referee himself makes them. [l'esportiu]

Another linesman, from another referee trio, would also have been given the same instructions to favour Madrid in upcoming clasico. [l'esp]

When linesman refused, he got phone call from inside Spanish federation threatening him that his career could end soon. [l'esportiu]

Linesman got told by his referee that he had been given instructions from referee committee to benefit Madrid in upcoming clasico. [l'esp]

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... l#comments
Last edited by FootballFan on Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FootballFan
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby #12 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:31 pm

Well - did I oversee anything or where exactly do you get that it was RM who "asked for this 'favor'"?
I've also read something about Catalanian independence playing a role?
Seems to be clear that something is rotten in the state of Primera Divison... But there's no background information given, is there?!
Thanks for nothing, :pep: !!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FootballFan » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:37 pm

That's my mistake, I meant to say in La Liga the ref was being pressured by someone (authority) instead put Madrid *facepalm*. By many other boards/forums and news outlets are linking this and I don't think this is a full story.
FootballFan
Woah, this feels cool!

PreviousNext

Return to Football Around the World