You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Confederations Cup

Discussions about football played outside Europe, or international competitions.

Re: Confederations Cup

Postby Commodore » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:14 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:They went out for the second half knowing they have a very hard task and concede again immediately. The match was over by then and they knew it.

They went out for the second half with Azpi[howeverthfckyouspellhim] on for Arbeloa. Granted, taking Arbeloa off wasn't the worst decision, as he was atrocious. But the key battles were lost in the center of the pitch, thus (and somewhat in Arbeloa's defence, too) putting even more pressure on the fullbacks.

His unwillingness to play with a double pivot was his biggest mistake (against italy already). And I'm not even saying this as a Bayern/Martínez fan. I'm saying this as a tactics aficionado, free of biases for clubs or players.

I would have loved to see him doing something bold. You know, being 2:0 down against a very good team kind of warrants something bold. Here's what I would have done:

Take out Arbeloa, but instead of Azpi[howeverthfckyouspellhim] bring on Martínez. Pull Pedro back into the right back position, switch Mata to the right and have an insane double threat down the right flank, stabilized by Martínez covering the space left behind, while Busquets anchors the center of the pitch.

So now, instead of a 4-3-3 with only one true DM, you're playing a 4-3-3-ish 4-2-3-1 with Busquets and Martínez in the center of the pitch. This would have given them back the possession advantage (which they struggled with against italy AND Brazil) and opened up more offensive potential.

Remember, they were 2:0 down. Taking off the liability in defense (so you stop conceding) unfortunately doesn't cut it anymore at that score. You have to, you know, score two goals to at least equalize. Do something bold!
"There are two things I am afraid of: War and Oliver Kahn."

-Mehmet Scholl
Commodore
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Commodore » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:17 am

Oh, and if by the 60th minute we haven't scored, or at least created a few good chances, I'm taking off Torres and bring on Cazorla.

-Mehmet Scholl
Commodore
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Commodore » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:24 am

Thinking about it even more, and disregarding "politics", I think that taking off the "untouchable" Xavi and replacing him with Cazorla (leaving Torres on) wouldn't have been bad either. Then we still have the option of bringing on Soldado if needed.

Of course you can't take out Xavi, though...

-Mehmet Scholl
Commodore
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MoFattal » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:28 am

Commodore wrote:Of course you can't take out Xavi, though...

Yeah, and that's why they sucked in both the Italy and Brazil games. The guy is clearly fatigued/out of shape.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:26 pm

We agree that the Azpilicueta sub was stupid. I mentioned it during the game itself. You're not going to change a result that way.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Bazi » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:55 pm

Just because we had the discussion in the Dortmund thread...

Azipilicueta definitely makes my starting XI in the team with the most difficult names for every football commentator

Together with Mkhitaryan, Blaszczykowski, Piszczek ...
Bazi
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MoFattal » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:06 pm

^ I think you could add Papastathopoulos to that team.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby JJJ » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:06 pm

I'll give a try. Defensive 4-3-3. :mrgreen:

Konoplyanka -------- Pogrebnyak -------- Blaszczykowski
Vrsaljko ------------ Mkhitaryan --------------Piszczek
Wojtkowiak, Papadopulos, Papastathopoulos, Azpilicueta
------------------------- Szczesny --------------------------------

Unknown defender from Polish NT
LM Croatia NT
LS Ukrainian, competed in EURO 2012
Kraft
Lahm, Hummels, Badstuber, Contento
Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Can
Schöpf, Müller, Alaba

JJJ
I post all the time

National Flag:
Estonia

Previous

Return to Football Around the World