You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Confederations Cup

Discussions about football played outside Europe, or international competitions.

Re: Confederations Cup

Postby AssemFCB » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:07 pm

This Brazil team remind me of Mourinho's Madrid and Barca after any significant defeat: they feed on atmosphere and momentum. I strongly feel that the result wouldn't have been so one-sided had Brazil not scored so early, shocking themselves and Spain to different reactions. That being said, I think Brazil is a very impressive team on paper, but lack in depth. As with Spain, their fullbacks' willingness to bomb forward will surely lead to consequences against teams like Germany or Holland. Overall, their World Cup chances have been given a huge boost yesterday. This win to them is as significant as August 2012's win over BVB for Bayern: it's a huge mental pressure removed.
AssemFCB
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby MoFattal » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:57 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:So how many of you changed your opinions regarding Brazil?

I think they showed why I consider them favourites for the WC along with Spain and Brazil,

There are two Brazils participating ?!?! :shock:
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:07 pm

I think this was mostly due to Brazil's superior form and fitness on their players. It looked like they won 100% of their challenges. Spanish players looked like kids bouncing off the Brazilian players

I don't like this tournament at all because it has a very poor timing and only the hosts looked motivated in every match. Just remember last Confederations cup when Spain lost against the USA in the semifinals but then they ended winning the WC2010 :|
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby MUTU » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:11 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:I don't like this tournament at all because it has a very poor timing and only the hosts looked motivated in every match. Just remember last Confederations cup when Spain lost against the USA in the semifinals but then they ended winning the WC2010 :|

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby CaptainLahm21 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:15 pm

i havent considered brazil contenders until yesterday however i think theyll come up short under more pressure when it matters against faster attacking teams i actually think brazil will get beaten by Argentina next year and i hope it happens. Im rooting for whoever plays brazil.
KIMMICH! 
CaptainLahm21
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
England

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:12 pm

LOL!!! Del Bosque logic: "Im not gonna make any excuses but Brazil were pretty lucky" HAHAHAHAHAHAHA :D

http://www.goal.com/en/news/5327/confederations-cup-2013/2013/07/01/4085356/brazil-were-a-bit-lucky-del-bosque
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:51 pm

In a way they were. All 3 goals were scored at the perfect moment.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:03 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Just remember last Confederations cup when Spain lost against the USA in the semifinals but then they ended winning the WC2010 :|

He's got a point.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby Commodore » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:50 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:In a way they were. All 3 goals were scored at the perfect moment.

Spain got thoroughly and properly outplayed. At no point in time was there ever any question about who's the better team on the pitch. Compounded with del Bosque's stubbornness of not playing a double pivot to reinforce the area of the pitch where they were already having huge problems against italy, and it was an utter disaster.

Luck played no role yesterday.
"There are two things I am afraid of: War and Oliver Kahn."

-Mehmet Scholl
Commodore
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby meister » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:20 am

Remember the ball that david luiz saved in the line when julio cesar was already beaten, that was pretty lucky if you ask me
meister
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Chile

Postby MaCk0y » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:22 am

meister wrote:Remember the ball that david luiz saved in the line when julio cesar was already beaten, that was pretty lucky if you ask me

That was pretty good defending. It would have been luck if the ball hit the post.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby techwiz911 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:38 am

MaCk0y wrote:
meister wrote:Remember the ball that david luiz saved in the line when julio cesar was already beaten, that was pretty lucky if you ask me

That was pretty good defending. It would have been luck if the ball hit the post.

What about the missed penalty?
"The referees have it hard enough and we have to be honest to make their job easier" - Miroslav Klose

#Respect
techwiz911
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Commodore » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:24 am

Uhhh... What?
"There are two things I am afraid of: War and Oliver Kahn."

-Mehmet Scholl
Commodore
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:26 am

Commodore wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:In a way they were. All 3 goals were scored at the perfect moment.

Spain got thoroughly and properly outplayed. At no point in time was there ever any question about who's the better team on the pitch. Compounded with del Bosque's stubbornness of not playing a double pivot to reinforce the area of the pitch where they were already having huge problems against italy, and it was an utter disaster.

Luck played no role yesterday.

Yes Brazil were the better team but you cannot deny that conceding so early makes a huge difference mentally and tactically. They managed to contain them for the rest of the first half knowing that they can turn it around going into half time at 1-0 (maybe even 1-1 if it wasn't for Luiz), but then they conceded again just before half time, putting a huge hit on their confidence. They went out for the second half knowing they have a very hard task and concede again immediately. The match was over by then and they knew it.

The timing of the goals played an important part but probably Brazil would still have won, just not by 3 goals. Those saying that this is the end of the Spanish era are rushing into conclusions, and even if it is, they will still be better than most countries,
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB general » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:45 am

Firefox1234 wrote:LOL!!! Del Bosque logic: "Im not gonna make any excuses but Brazil were pretty lucky" HAHAHAHAHAHAHA :D

http://www.goal.com/en/news/5327/confederations-cup-2013/2013/07/01/4085356/brazil-were-a-bit-lucky-del-bosque

The same thing I could say about Spain's performance against Chile and Paraguay 3 years ago on the WC.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

PreviousNext

Return to Football Around the World