You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Changing the Rules

Discussions about football played outside Europe, or international competitions.

Changing the Rules

Postby tflags » Wed May 11, 2016 11:52 am

Just so you are not caught wrong on a bad discussion, I thought it might be interesting to have a 'basics' thread regarding rule changes in football.

Triple punishment for fouls in the box (red card, penalty and suspension) has been changed (starting with the Euros) to a possible yellow card. Only if an intentional foul is committed inside the box shall the player receive a red card.

This is kinda outdated but on penalties players must not stop before kicking the ball, at whatever speed they take it. Should they gap before kicking, the penalty taker will see a yellow card (what if he's painted already?) and possession returned to the opposing team.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Changing the Rules

Postby ottackon » Wed May 11, 2016 12:07 pm

I'm waiting for the introduction of temporary expulsions.
ottackon
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby tflags » Wed May 11, 2016 12:13 pm

Video reviewing here. If they stop short of offisides (f*ck you Griezmann, that was offside you f*ck) I'll be deeply disappointed.
Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby #12 » Wed May 11, 2016 1:34 pm

It was not offside?!?

I could live with vodeo reviewing, as long as

- it is done throughout the game - so no challenges or any shit like that

- it is only applied when the game is stopped
Thanks for nothing, :pep: !!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby RB624 » Wed May 11, 2016 1:45 pm

ottackon wrote:I'm waiting for the introduction of temporary expulsions.

I've come to the point where I actually believe they need something other than the current set-up. I'm dead-set against temporary expulsions, but I am for there to be a secondary type of sending off, in which the player can be replaced if the team has not used up its subs.

There are sometimes where a player wholeheartedly deserves to be sent-off, but at the same time sending him off would be too much. For instance, how many times have we seen a player receive a yellow card and then he'll immediately yell and remonstrate at the referee. Even though that player earned a second yellow for dissent, he won't get one even if he gets up in the ref's face. Sometimes a player on a yellow will kick the ball away during a stoppage. On the one hand he deserves a second yellow; on the other hand sending him off seems farcical. I would like there to be a way in which refs can be more disciplinary without ruining the game. And even though the players would be subbed, they would still be suspended for the next match for being sent-off.

The first yellow received by each player would be applied to worthy fouls, violent conduct, dissent and time-wasting (like it is now). Then if the second yellow a player receives is for one of the last two offenses, he'll receive a the second yellow and then another color card, instead of red, to signify that he is sent-off but may be replaced.
RB624
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby RB624 » Wed May 11, 2016 1:49 pm

#12 wrote:It was not offside?!?

I could live with vodeo reviewing, as long as

- it is done throughout the game - so no challenges or any shit like that

- it is only applied when the game is stopped

That'll be great for each goal and disallowed goal. But then there are all those times that an incorrect offside call stops play in its tracks. Unfortunately that can't be corrected.
RB624
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby MoFattal » Wed May 11, 2016 1:53 pm

I'm against any kind of action that would cause play to stop for the referee to review an incident. I think that would lead to the downfall of the sport. Either the thing should be automated (and I have no idea how), or let's keep the human error as it is now: a part of the package.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed May 11, 2016 2:00 pm

tflags wrote:Just so you are not caught wrong on a bad discussion, I thought it might be interesting to have a 'basics' thread regarding rule changes in football.

Triple punishment for fouls in the box (red card, penalty and suspension) has been changed (starting with the Euros) to a possible yellow card. Only if an intentional foul is committed inside the box shall the player receive a red card.

This is kinda outdated but on penalties players must not stop before kicking the ball, at whatever speed they take it. Should they gap before kicking, the penalty taker will see a yellow card (what if he's painted already?) and possession returned to the opposing team.

Question: does that mean that the Müller penalty technique would be forbidden?

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby tflags » Wed May 11, 2016 3:33 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:Question: does that mean that the Müller penalty technique would be forbidden?

As anything with refereeing in football, it is entirely discretionary (on the referee's part.) I think they'll instruct referees to look out mainly for faints and/or full stops á la South American style. I don't think Muller stops fully - however slow he is on the final thrust - before shooting.
Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby MUTU » Wed May 11, 2016 3:38 pm

RB624 wrote:

I've come to the point where I actually believe they need something other than the current set-up. I'm dead-set against temporary expulsions, but I am for there to be a secondary type of sending off, in which the player can be replaced if the team has not used up its subs.

There are sometimes where a player wholeheartedly deserves to be sent-off, but at the same time sending him off would be too much. For instance, how many times have we seen a player receive a yellow card and then he'll immediately yell and remonstrate at the referee. Even though that player earned a second yellow for dissent, he won't get one even if he gets up in the ref's face. Sometimes a player on a yellow will kick the ball away during a stoppage. On the one hand he deserves a second yellow; on the other hand sending him off seems farcical. I would like there to be a way in which refs can be more disciplinary without ruining the game. And even though the players would be subbed, they would still be suspended for the next match for being sent-off.

The first yellow received by each player would be applied to worthy fouls, violent conduct, dissent and time-wasting (like it is now). Then if the second yellow a player receives is for one of the last two offenses, he'll receive a the second yellow and then another color card, instead of red, to signify that he is sent-off but may be replaced.

Unfortunately while what you say makes sense, I note one glaring disadvantage in that this rule would be a disadvantage to the smaller clubs with inferior strength-in-depth. For example, Robben and a Bundesliga opponent get in a fight while both on a yellow, so the ref enforces a sub for both teams. Bayern bring on Costa as replacement, and the opponents would be unlikely to bring a like-for-like replacement.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Wed May 11, 2016 3:51 pm

As if the referees follow rules during penalties. Before the kick is taken, almost always the goalkeeper would have moved forward whilst players from both teams would have entered the box.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Wed May 11, 2016 5:22 pm

RB624 wrote:That'll be great for each goal and disallowed goal. But then there are all those times that an incorrect offside call stops play in its tracks. Unfortunately that can't be corrected.

Well... Why not just keep playing until the ball is out of bounds or inside the goal and THEN review it?! ;)

Only really complicated situation would be if a counter emerged, that would have to be called off fir the opponent's offside or something like that...
Thanks for nothing, :pep: !!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby JANCKER » Thu May 12, 2016 12:33 am

Some managers been talking about Time Out in football...
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby RB624 » Thu May 12, 2016 2:39 am

#12 wrote:
RB624 wrote:That'll be great for each goal and disallowed goal. But then there are all those times that an incorrect offside call stops play in its tracks. Unfortunately that can't be corrected.

Well... Why not just keep playing until the ball is out of bounds or inside the goal and THEN review it?! ;)

Only really complicated situation would be if a counter emerged, that would have to be called off fir the opponent's offside or something like that...

No way can you allow play to continue for that long. That could be minutes before the ball goes out of play. One team might score. Fans would revolt.
RB624
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby RB624 » Thu May 12, 2016 2:46 am

MUTU wrote:
RB624 wrote:

Unfortunately while what you say makes sense, I note one glaring disadvantage in that this rule would be a disadvantage to the smaller clubs with inferior strength-in-depth. For example, Robben and a Bundesliga opponent get in a fight while both on a yellow, so the ref enforces a sub for both teams. Bayern bring on Costa as replacement, and the opponents would be unlikely to bring a like-for-like replacement.

But the fight example would see both players sent off with no replacements. My "subbing-off" would only apply when your second yellow is for dissent or time-wasting or those types of innocuous transgressions.

But to specifically address your contention about it favoring the bigger clubs. Individual player superiority in your first eleven AND on your bench is just the nature of the game - all across the board. The rule itself wouldn't be inherently advantageous or disadvantageous to anyone. Don't think of it as the ref forcing a substitution; think of it as the ref deservedly sending someone off but granting them the opportunity to use a sub (if they have not used their three).
Last edited by RB624 on Thu May 12, 2016 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
RB624
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Next

Return to Football Around the World