You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Changing the Rules

Discussions about football played outside Europe, or international competitions.

Re: Changing the Rules

Postby MUTU » Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:02 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
tflags wrote:Basically the best 4 leagues would then have - as they proposed - three teams on direct qualification plus the fourth one chosen from their best UEFA 5-year ranking irrespective of where they ended up on their local league the previous season.

So would it be possible to have, for example, a team in the 2. Bundesliga playing in the CL?

That's already possible with current rules. You need to win the CL and get relegated in the same season.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby DRvad14 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:53 am

Uefa ready to scrap extra-time in Champions League and Europa League games
Extra-time in Champions League and Europa League matches could be scrapped following a meeting of Europe’s top managers.
The likes of Sir Alex Ferguson, Carlo Ancelotti and Rafael Benítez discussed the merits of knockout-round ties level at the end of normal time going straight to penalties during Uefa’s annual Elite Club Coaches Forum.
Former Manchester United manager Ferguson, Uefa’s coaching ambassador, said he did not like to see players “walking” around the pitch exhausted and that extra-time rarely succeeded in producing a winner.

“Some coaches said it could be direct to penalties, others thought that could be an advantage for the smaller teams who could defend more,” said Uefa’s chief technical officer, Ioan Lupescu.
“One thing that is very clear is that these days the players play so many matches and we raised the question whether, from their point of view, it is still worthwhile having extra-time.
Ferguson said it was important to consider the “protection” of the game.

“I don’t think we like to see players exhausted in extra-time and when the whistle goes at the end of 90 minutes, I’ve always the feeling it’s going to go to penalty kicks,” he said.
“You saw in the last Champions League final, players walking about... it’s inevitable that it goes to penalty kicks so the question is how we can improve it?”

South America’s equivalent of the Champions League, the Copa Libertadores, does not use extra-time in drawn matches.

Coaches were also given a tactical summary of this summer’s European Championship.
Only 31 per cent of games at the tournament were won by teams who had more possession of the ball, while 11 out of 15 knockout matches were won by the team with less possession.
There was a drop in goals from counter-attacks, 30 per cent came from set pieces and 18 per cent were scored by substitutes, Uefa said.”
DRvad14
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby MUTU » Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:56 am

That's bad. I have good memories of wins during extra time. Eg imagine the encounter against Juventus last season. Mueller scores the late equaliser and it's straight to the penalty lottery.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:16 am

DRvad14 wrote:Uefa ready to scrap extra-time in Champions League and Europa League games
Extra-time in Champions League and Europa League matches could be scrapped following a meeting of Europe’s top managers.
The likes of Sir Alex Ferguson, Carlo Ancelotti and Rafael Benítez discussed the merits of knockout-round ties level at the end of normal time going straight to penalties during Uefa’s annual Elite Club Coaches Forum.
Former Manchester United manager Ferguson, Uefa’s coaching ambassador, said he did not like to see players “walking” around the pitch exhausted and that extra-time rarely succeeded in producing a winner.

“Some coaches said it could be direct to penalties, others thought that could be an advantage for the smaller teams who could defend more,” said Uefa’s chief technical officer, Ioan Lupescu.
“One thing that is very clear is that these days the players play so many matches and we raised the question whether, from their point of view, it is still worthwhile having extra-time.
Ferguson said it was important to consider the “protection” of the game.

“I don’t think we like to see players exhausted in extra-time and when the whistle goes at the end of 90 minutes, I’ve always the feeling it’s going to go to penalty kicks,” he said.
“You saw in the last Champions League final, players walking about... it’s inevitable that it goes to penalty kicks so the question is how we can improve it?”

South America’s equivalent of the Champions League, the Copa Libertadores, does not use extra-time in drawn matches.

Coaches were also given a tactical summary of this summer’s European Championship.
Only 31 per cent of games at the tournament were won by teams who had more possession of the ball, while 11 out of 15 knockout matches were won by the team with less possession.
There was a drop in goals from counter-attacks, 30 per cent came from set pieces and 18 per cent were scored by substitutes, Uefa said.”

A big NoNo
They should actually make sure that a game does not go to penalties!!!

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby anasnemr » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:22 am

Hell no.If they think the players get tired and cant run then just give them a 15 minute break between the 2nd half and the 1st half of extra time and instead of 5 minutes between the two extra halves make it 10 minutes.Wins in extra time gives one of the best feelings for me as a fan.
anasnemr
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby MUTU » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:16 am

They could reintroduce the golden goal or even play extra time of 20 minutes instead of 30 minutes. They could also add substitutes during extra time.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:18 am

ORRRRRRRRRRRRRR

reduce the games from the domestic leagues... but no we need MORE MONEY ........

Top leagues should only consist of only 16 teams each!
Last edited by ramsej84 on Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:25 am

Haha of course because we all want to see penalties don't we? They're only nice for neutrals.

One of the worst ideas ever. Scrap penalties, not extra time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:34 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Haha of course because we all want to see penalties don't we? They're only nice for neutrals.

One of the worst ideas ever. Scrap penalties, not extra time.

The only good thing about removing extra time is that the end time of the match can be more easily predicted and people won't generally need to change their plans because a match has gone into extra time.

I guess that's about it.

Maybe, instead of a penalty shootout they can do a scoring system for determining who was the most dominant team over the two legs. Stuff like shots on target from inside the box, possession, fouls etc. This would heavily favour the big teams though as the smaller teams can't try to shut shop for 180 minutes and hope for a win in a penalty shootout.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ottackon » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:11 am

MUTU wrote:They could reintroduce the golden goal or even play extra time of 20 minutes instead of 30 minutes. They could also add substitutes during extra time.

That's the best solution for me but not only during ET but within the 90 minutes as well.
ottackon
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby MoFattal » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:51 am

Portugal just became European champions via ET. Germant became world champions via ET. Real Madrid won the CL two years ago in ET. These are just "finale" examples that ET does produce a winner frequently. I think it's rubbish to go straight to penalties. Golden goal would be better, which says a lot about how had this idea is.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby MUTU » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:01 pm

Indeed, winning in extra time is considered a classy way of winning. It shows the never-say-die attitude, the winning mentality.
Winning on penalties is not an honourable way to win, in my opinion. I don't think any non-troll non-idiot would rather his team wins on penalties than during extra time.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:05 pm

Just imagine, we wouldn't have the Getafe memories...
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:11 pm

MoFattal wrote:Portugal just became European champions via ET. Germant became world champions via ET. Real Madrid won the CL two years ago in ET. These are just "finale" examples that ET does produce a winner frequently. I think it's rubbish to go straight to penalties. Golden goal would be better, which says a lot about how had this idea is.

It is a fair point Mo; plenty of games have been won on ET. Hell, Germany's most famous ones have certainly been so. But still there are even more so that have faded into obscurity shadowed by the penalty shutout.

I don't know if it is a personal feeling but I tend to notice games which can be extended always fall into the pattern where the last 10-15 minutes players rather tend to start passing the ball around slowly just waiting for the break. Tbh I would rather have people running for 90 minutes than Ribery stretching the cramps out of opposition players around the 100th min every time there's a CL tie.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:20 pm

tflags wrote:I don't know if it is a personal feeling but I tend to notice games which can be extended always fall into the pattern where the last 10-15 minutes players rather tend to start passing the ball around slowly just waiting for the break. Tbh I would rather have people running for 90 minutes than Ribery stretching the cramps out of opposition players around the 100th min every time there's a CL tie.

They should introduce unlimited subs and maybe even the possibility to sub players back in during ET. It solves the problem you pointed out that sometimes teams prefer to play for penalties when it goes to ET.

Stuff like this is proof that ET is not necessarily a case of players lazing about for 30 minutes because they don't have the energy to play anymore:

And that was against none other than Manuel Neuer, so the chances of it happening should have been minimal.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Football Around the World