You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Brazilian football

Discussions about football played outside Europe, or international competitions.

Re: Brazilian football

Postby JANCKER » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:27 am

aterford wrote:Yes, of course it's hard to say for certain until an investigation(s) is completed but I have heard some reports claiming that the pilot purposefully dumped the fuel prior so as to avoid an explosion. Safe to assume if that's true and he hadn't done so there would likely be no survivors.

But some are claiming that this type of small planes have no such option because they have small fuel tanks... some are suspecting that it run out of fuel and crashed.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby kingbayern » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:08 am

I know this is small but my thoughts are with the family of this unfortunate event, I hope you fine comfort.
RIP
kingbayern
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jamaica

Postby SrLuisGuilherme » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:29 am

from the stage where the match would be played tonight:
Can't see tweet? Click here!

much respect to Colombians =D>
SrLuisGuilherme
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby JANCKER » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:52 am

JANCKER wrote:
aterford wrote:Yes, of course it's hard to say for certain until an investigation(s) is completed but I have heard some reports claiming that the pilot purposefully dumped the fuel prior so as to avoid an explosion. Safe to assume if that's true and he hadn't done so there would likely be no survivors.

But some are claiming that this type of small planes have no such option because they have small fuel tanks... some are suspecting that it ran out of fuel and crashed.

Chapecoense air crash: Leaked tape shows plane 'ran out of fuel' [source]
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby JANCKER » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:54 am

JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby SrLuisGuilherme » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:57 am

JANCKER wrote:
JANCKER wrote:

But some are claiming that this type of small planes have no such option because they have small fuel tanks... some are suspecting that it ran out of fuel and crashed.

I'm sick... How can silly mistakes like this still happen? How negligent is this? There have been claims that the company which owned the jet knew the fuel was at its limit in the air craft but still didn't change the flight route
SrLuisGuilherme
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby JANCKER » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:02 am

SrLuisGuilherme wrote:I'm sick... How can silly mistakes like this still happen? How negligent is this? There have been claims that the company which owned the jet knew the fuel was at its limit in the air craft but still didn't change the flight route

That's what I read too... that plane could never reach the desired destination without a stop for fuel refilling.
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Brazilian football

Postby pyrasur » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:26 am

With aviation incidences like this there is no point speculating until the hazrep comes out. Any number of events could have occurred, and speculation is usually only harmful for the families involved.

Fuel starvation is one of the top worries of every pilot, they usually have a number of diverts in mind any time fuel becomes a concern. Weather, poor air traffic control, lost communications, lost navigational equipment could all be factors.
Last edited by pyrasur on Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby pyrasur » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:27 am

And when the pilot is dead, it's easy for the investigative board to conclude human error when the pilot can't defend himself.
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby JANCKER » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:38 am

There is some information that has been let out and it shows that they were always short of fuel to reach the destination... like what distance that plane could fly with a full tank of fuel and distance between A. to B.... it showed that they were short of fuel. But everything will be clear soon...
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby pyrasur » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:48 am

It could totally be pilot error. But its pretty dumb to speculate now.
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby JANCKER » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:52 am

Is the fuel thing on the pilot? It must be on the company to plan all that too... how much fuel they need from A to B.
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Brazilian football

Postby pyrasur » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:00 am

Depends. I hear in the commercial airlines the company prepares everything because they specialize in that flight preparation and the pilot shows up and flies. IMO that's no excuse for the pilot. Typically the pilot in command is given pretty much the same level of decision making authority as a captain of a ship. The president could be on board but I can't imagine a company could be able to overrule the pilots decisions on safety if flight.

That's kind of a weird scenario for me because i don't have anyone to do that anytime I fly my little plane, and it would be weird for me to fly without knowing exactly what I was doing. Airlines have high standards on their pilots, at least in most western nations. An airline pilot would be good to ask about this but again we would probably be venturing into speculation which is for commercial news to find a pilot to lay in order to feed the insatiable masses. I'm guilty of the same thing too but I just want to show how these situations aren't so simple.
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:43 am

SrLuisGuilherme wrote:
JANCKER wrote:
JANCKER wrote:[quote="aterford"]Yes, of course it's hard to say for certain until an investigation(s) is completed but I have heard some reports claiming that the pilot purposefully dumped the fuel prior so as to avoid an explosion. Safe to assume if that's true and he hadn't done so there would likely be no survivors.

I'm sick... How can silly mistakes like this still happen? How negligent is this? There have been claims that the company which owned the jet knew the fuel was at its limit in the air craft but still didn't change the flight route[/quote]

I read that the captain was part owner of the airline and wanted to save money but idk if it's true
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby SrLuisGuilherme » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:35 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I read that the captain was part owner of the airline and wanted to save money but idk if it's true

Yeah, he was part owner. But idk about that other part, I heard they were in a financial crisis though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SrLuisGuilherme
I post all the time

Years of membership

PreviousNext

Return to Football Around the World