You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

FIFA Ballon d'Or 2014 (Neuer vs Ronaldo & Messi)

Discussions about football played outside Europe, or international competitions.
 

Do you think Neuer stands a chance?

Yes
25
52%
No
23
48%
 
Total votes : 48

Re: FIFA Ballon d'Or 2014 (Neuer vs Ronaldo & Messi)

Postby JANCKER » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:48 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:
JANCKER wrote:Stats are a bitch... if you take Ronaldo's goals out, RM would've played with 10 players.
If they say anyone could score Gomez goals, same goes for Ronaldo.


That's just nonsense. Ronaldo (or PENALDO if you want) does much more things than scoring hundreds of goals every season. Don't let hate blind you :wink:

In fact, what I really can't believe is that Messi finished ahead of Neuer. :shock:


OK, it's as you say it... his goals win titles.

See, happy with a 2nd, 3rd place... everyone got what they wanted, that's not always right but if it's that what majority wants to buy so be it.
.........................................Image.........................................
User avatar
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 17378
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:03 am
Location: 710 miles SE from Allianz Arena
National Flag:
Basque Country
Has thanked: 9073 times
Been thanked: 8353 times
Gender: Male

Re: FIFA Ballon d'Or 2014 (Neuer vs Ronaldo & Messi)

Postby RedQueen » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:52 pm

Art. 9. The voting period for the Awards commences on 28 October 2014 and concludes on 21 November 2014 (midnight CET) (the “Voting Period”).
RULES OF ALLOCATION | FIFA.com [source]


So much for "I voted sometime in August". Does this guy think we're stupid, or is he suffering from amnesia? Slowly but surely I've had enough of it now.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
User avatar
RedQueen
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1356
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:58 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 99 times
Been thanked: 670 times
Gender: Female

Re: FIFA Ballon d'Or 2014 (Neuer vs Ronaldo & Messi)

Postby MUTU » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:00 pm

RedQueen wrote:
Art. 9. The voting period for the Awards commences on 28 October 2014 and concludes on 21 November 2014 (midnight CET) (the “Voting Period”).
RULES OF ALLOCATION | FIFA.com [source]


So much for "I voted sometime in August". Does this guy think we're stupid, or is he suffering from amnesia? Slowly but surely I've had enough of it now.

If I understood Sammer's quote correctly, Lewandowski left his vote with the Polish FA some time last August. Just because the voting period starts on 28th October doesn't mean that the paper cannot be filled in earlier. Possibly the Polish FA collected the papers from the media representative, coach and Lewandowski and sent all three at the same time to FIFA.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 30490
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 5293 times
Been thanked: 7913 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: FIFA Ballon d'Or 2014 (Neuer vs Ronaldo & Messi)

Postby RedQueen » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:05 pm

And then he just forgot about it, in the midst of all the campaigns and discussions at Bayern, and didn't notice that he's changed his mind in the meantime either. Whatever. Everyone can make up their minds what to think of all that themselves. I'll leave that Lewandowski issue at that.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
User avatar
RedQueen
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1356
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:58 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 99 times
Been thanked: 670 times
Gender: Female

Re: FIFA Ballon d'Or 2014 (Neuer vs Ronaldo & Messi)

Postby JANCKER » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:07 pm

Why does he has to justify... if he did nothing wrong.
.........................................Image.........................................
User avatar
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 17378
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:03 am
Location: 710 miles SE from Allianz Arena
National Flag:
Basque Country
Has thanked: 9073 times
Been thanked: 8353 times
Gender: Male

Re: FIFA Ballon d'Or 2014 (Neuer vs Ronaldo & Messi)

Postby ottackon » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:15 pm

64% from 37691 voters, say Neuer deserved the award more.

Image
Image
User avatar
ottackon
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 6130
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:05 am
Location: Casablanca
National Flag:
Morocco
Has thanked: 1830 times
Been thanked: 3188 times
Gender: Male

Re: FIFA Ballon d'Or 2014 (Neuer vs Ronaldo & Messi)

Postby MUTU » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:18 pm

JANCKER wrote:Why does he has to justify... if he did nothing wrong.

For two reasons:

1) So that unfair people who are pointing their fingers at him because they demand that he votes politically and not "the right way" could stop bothering him about the issue.
2) Because in hindsight seeing as to how his vote had so much importance, he wished he had voted politically just this one time, in order to help his teammate and friend. Helping Neuer get 2nd place would have outweighed the importance of sticking to his policies (i.e. not cheating in the votes). That's how much he loves Neuer, in hindsight he'd have preferred to vote 'incorrectly' just so Neuer gets 2nd.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 30490
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 5293 times
Been thanked: 7913 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: FIFA Ballon d'Or 2014 (Neuer vs Ronaldo & Messi)

Postby JANCKER » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:23 pm

MUTU wrote:
JANCKER wrote:Why does he has to justify... if he did nothing wrong.

For two reasons:

1) So that unfair people who are pointing their fingers at him because they demand that he votes politically and not "the right way" could stop bothering him about the issue.
2) Because in hindsight seeing as to how his vote had so much importance, he wished he had voted politically just this one time, in order to help his teammate and friend. Helping Neuer get 2nd place would have outweighed the importance of sticking to his policies (i.e. not cheating in the votes). That's how much he loves Neuer, in hindsight he'd have preferred to vote 'incorrectly' just so Neuer gets 2nd.


Ronaldo winning against all the world... he's truly the best. Ancelotti/Ronaldo #-o :^o
.........................................Image.........................................
User avatar
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 17378
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:03 am
Location: 710 miles SE from Allianz Arena
National Flag:
Basque Country
Has thanked: 9073 times
Been thanked: 8353 times
Gender: Male

Re: FIFA Ballon d'Or 2014 (Neuer vs Ronaldo & Messi)

Postby MUTU » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:10 pm

ottackon wrote:64% from 37691 voters, say Neuer deserved the award more.

Image

The French are still amazed by that one-handed save on Benzema at the World Cup, amongst other saves. Neuer was great in that match. These polls count for nothing except for one thing: they keep confirming what we already know, that Neuer is considered to be the best goalkeeper in the world. Let's just be happy with this and forget the bitterness.

We have been voted to have:
- 4 out of the best 6 players (Neuer, Robben, Mueller, Lahm)
- the world's best goalkeeper (Neuer)
- the world's best right winger (Robben)
- the world's second best right winger (Mueller)
- the world's best defensive-minded player (Lahm)

Coming to this thread one may get the impression that Bayern did badly at the Ballon d'Or.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 30490
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 5293 times
Been thanked: 7913 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: FIFA Ballon d'Or 2014 (Neuer vs Ronaldo & Messi)

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:12 pm

MUTU wrote:
RedQueen wrote:
MUTU wrote:You're putting words in his mouth that he didn't say. He says now he would have voted otherwise. In August, Lewandowski was a Bayern player. He knew he would be a Bayern player much before that. However, since August (or rather since the World Cup started to be fair), Neuer went up a notch or two. His save percentage this season is much higher than last season's for example. So yes, between August and November (when people should have voted) there were some good performances from Neuer for which Lewandowski felt he'd have overtaken Ronaldo. But not in August. It's not because he made friends with him or that he's now a teammate or whatever, it's because of the performances.

I very much doubt that. I think it's far more likely that he just wasn't thinking. Why even vote in August, when the award is supposed to take into account the entire year 2014, until end of November?

Then doubt that, and hate Lewandowski if you want to do that. However, don't forget that many of us supported Ribery when he said the votes were political and we also cried foul about politics working against us ahead of this year's vote. Yet, when one of our own failed to use politics to get our noses in front, we suddenly make a U-turn and start to like politics and become angry because one of our own didn't use them.

It's double standards: either you like politics and expect Bayern players to vote exclusively for their teammates, or else you dislike politics and don't expect any 'favours' from Bayern players. I'm with the latter and I stand behind Lewandowski.


but you are talking utopia ... since he knows that everything is fixed he should follow suit and vote for his friends / colleges ...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 25188
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 21131 times
Been thanked: 5943 times
Gender: Male

Re: FIFA Ballon d'Or 2014 (Neuer vs Ronaldo & Messi)

Postby MUTU » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:19 pm

ramsej84 wrote:but you are talking utopia ... since he knows that everything is fixed he should follow suit and vote for his friends / colleges ...

And then we'd all be chicken. Sorry, but that's just the kind of bad mentality that ruins this planet. You should do something because you think it's right not because you think it will benefit you. And when everyone tries to get the benefit, nobody wins (e.g. Ronaldo especially last year was made to feel like he didn't deserve it). Read about governing dynamics / Nash equilibrium or, more easily, watch this:

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 30490
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 5293 times
Been thanked: 7913 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: FIFA Ballon d'Or 2014 (Neuer vs Ronaldo & Messi)

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:21 pm

Let us lock this thread for good, forget about it and all go back to our business and work on getting back another treble... and never ever open such a thread even if we have representatives...
Last edited by ramsej84 on Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 25188
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 21131 times
Been thanked: 5943 times
Gender: Male

Re: FIFA Ballon d'Or 2014 (Neuer vs Ronaldo & Messi)

Postby RedQueen » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:37 pm

MUTU wrote:1) So that unfair people who are pointing their fingers at him because they demand that he votes politically and not "the right way" could stop bothering him about the issue.


And then we'd all be chicken. Sorry, but that's just the kind of bad mentality that ruins this planet. You should do something because you think it's right not because you think it will benefit you


Alright. I think I'm done here then. I don't think I have to listen to an Admin insulting me and question my political integrity, just because I disagree with his opinion on how to handle a football vote.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
User avatar
RedQueen
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1356
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:58 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 99 times
Been thanked: 670 times
Gender: Female

Re: FIFA Ballon d'Or 2014 (Neuer vs Ronaldo & Messi)

Postby Bayernbazi » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:43 pm

The only thing I wish from all this, is that it boosts the need for revenge against Ronaldo / Messi on the pitch and if we meet any of their teams in the CL again this year there will not be another trashing (....yes semi loss to RM, where we allowed Penaldo to score from a couple of dead ball situations still hurts), but we will show them who's the best where it counts. I hope to see these photos again with the players in their club shirts.

Image
Image
User avatar
Bayernbazi
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 927
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:56 pm
Has thanked: 356 times
Been thanked: 545 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: FIFA Ballon d'Or 2014 (Neuer vs Ronaldo & Messi)

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:58 pm

Bayernbazi wrote:The only thing I wish from all this, is that it boosts the need for revenge against Ronaldo / Messi on the pitch and if we meet any of their teams in the CL again this year there will not be another trashing (....yes semi loss to RM, where we allowed Penaldo to score from a couple of dead ball situations still hurts), but we will show them who's the best where it counts. I hope to see these photos again with the players in their club shirts.

Image
Image


thanks for the images ... Bazi :D
Bastian the Fr.Colin :lol:

Penaldo crying is priceless...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 25188
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 21131 times
Been thanked: 5943 times
Gender: Male

PreviousNext

Return to Football Around the World

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest