You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

FIFA Ballon d'Or 2014 (Neuer vs Ronaldo & Messi)

Discussions about football played outside Europe, or international competitions.

Do you think Neuer stands a chance?

Yes
52%
No
48%

Total votes : 48

Re: FIFA Ballon d'Or 2014 (Neuer vs Ronaldo & Messi)

Postby MillaMjau » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:13 am

Well, at least it's now clear what FIFA was doing with all those pro-Neuer articles; they used his popularity as a marketing tool.
Das Runde muss ins Eckige!
MillaMjau
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Finland
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby RedQueen » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:31 am

Interview on the DFB-website (in German):

Manuel Neuer: Weltfußballer "wäre vielleicht ein bisschen zu viel gewesen" | DFB [source]

If he's disappointed, he doesn't show it. He says maybe winning would have been a bit much, considering Germans won three other awards. And that he thinks having been voted among the top three is a honour not just for himself but for all goalkeepers that have showed great performances during the past years.

Tell that to all those goalkeepers who didn't vote for you. Didn't Enyeama say in an interview just a few days ago that he wanted Neuer to win? Why didn't he vote him among the top three at least then?

BTW, I really liked Guardiola's message. Here is it again:

Pep Guardiola message for Manuel Neuer 2015 - Youtube [source]
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby fearlesskiki » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:42 am

I looked back the red carpet scene, because i wanted to know what Neuer was holding. He was holding something but I wasn't sure what is was. It looks like a postcards. I think it were autograph cards? And he was the only one giving out those cards but in return he was booed the most. :evil: These evil fanboys! :( If the event was in Germany he won't need to suffer these stupid things. I hope he wasn't hurt badly. No one deserved to be booed like this.

You know who should be booed? The guy that kicks a fan's shirt! Why don't you guys booed him? Stupid. :evil:
ein guter anfang braucht begeisterung, ein gutes ende disziplin
fearlesskiki
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Malaysia

Postby FCB general » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:48 am

Ottomeister13 wrote:Messi in front of Neuer is a joke, was at the WC already a joke.. Big shame.

Spoiler: show
Well, Argentina proved that they could play without Messi on World Cup, but not without Di Maria. :mrgreen:
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby RedQueen » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:50 am

fearlesskiki wrote:I looked back the red carpet scene, because i wanted to know what Neuer was holding. He was holding something but I wasn't sure what is was. It looks like a postcards. I think it were autograph cards? And he was the only one giving out those cards but in return he was booed the most.

TBF, they booed Messi and even Löw too.

If the event was in Germany he won't need to suffer these stupid things.

I'm not sure about that. Count on Dortmund fans to throw bananas at him.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby fearlesskiki » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:55 am

RedQueen wrote:
fearlesskiki wrote:I looked back the red carpet scene, because i wanted to know what Neuer was holding. He was holding something but I wasn't sure what is was. It looks like a postcards. I think it were autograph cards? And he was the only one giving out those cards but in return he was booed the most.

yes, and they didn't deserve theirs too. :cry:
ein guter anfang braucht begeisterung, ein gutes ende disziplin
fearlesskiki
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Malaysia

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:16 pm

I repeat ... all FCB players should have refrained from leaving the camp or wherever they were to go to this Big BS
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB general » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:29 pm

@JANCKER, yesterday's article and picture on FCB site. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.fcbayern.de/en/news/news/2015/news-in-brief-120115.php

They must have watched Football Oscar 2014.

Sammer: "What??? Niko, did you just vote for..."

Kovač: "Ja ja! I did. You see correct, all three of them."

And his brother Robert approved that - as well. :mrgreen:
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby runaway » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:40 pm

I found this article that weighted goals by PL players. And I was curious how Ronaldo's and Messi's results were and have done some other players. I'll add Bale and Goetze later. This are all goals in 2014 from League, Cup, CL, and WC only.

*WPA (Win Percentage Added) calculates how much a goal affects the win percentage
WPA = % after goal - % before the goal
Win = 1 DRAW = 0.3333333333 LOSS = 0
**AGW (Average Goal Weight) = WPA / no. of Goals

This is a sortable table for this.

Neymar, even if he doesn't have a lot of goals, is the highest here because he scores a lot of the crucial goals like the first goal or the goal to break ties. Ronaldo, by the sheer amount of his goals and he also has quite a lot of 1st goals has high value but of his 54 goals, 27 have no weights because it's already scored when the team is winning. Messi although he has scored more than Ronaldo, has 30 goals that have no weights. Costa also has a great value because despite his low goal tally, most of his goals contributed to the win percentage of his team.
Last edited by runaway on Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby MUTU » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:43 pm

fearlesskiki wrote:
MUTU wrote:I see a lot of blame on Lewandowski. He was man enough to vote on who he believed to be the best and not just for his teammates. He had the balls to do it despite knowing that the votes would be made public. So yes, a big well done. If I want to blame a single guy, I would blame someone like Buffon who voted Messi ahead of Neuer, probably not because he thought Messi was better but because he didn't want Neuer to outdo him.
the thing is if his teammates are really a class below ronaldo then i'll forgive him. If not for this stupid voting system, his teammates (especially neuer or lahm) can win a straight up fight with ronaldo. So why not them?

Actually i view them above ronaldo. Lahm's consistency & ability to play in different positions... not many can do it. And Neuer? Already discussed much in this thread. His teammates imo are better than ronaldo. So, yes, that's why i'm dissapointed.

Sigh... moving on

You view them that way, but it shows you're biased because the rest of the world, particularly the neutral voters, mostly prefer Ronaldo. The fact that you actually see Bayern players as actually better than Ronaldo is mindboggling. I'd understand if you see them equal but definitely not better. In my opinion, Ronaldo is the best outfield player in the world, by a mile. He is a class above Messi and the Bayern outfield players. The question was whether a goalkeeper who was the best goalkeeper in the world by a mile would be better than the best outfield player in a vote. The answer was no.

There is no shame for Lewandowski voting for Ronaldo. If I had a vote, I'd have given him #1 or #2 as well, because he clearly deserves it. I see Ronaldo haters pointing at the World Cup but forget that the World Cup was just 3 matches for Ronaldo. This was a vote for 12 months worth of matches and not 3 specific matches.

I just hate the political voting... just take a look at Ronaldo's and Messi's votes and you see what I mean. Anyone who deviates from this injustice is a hero in my eyes, and Lewandowski is just that. In my opinion, they should change the voting system such that one may not vote for teammates or players with the same nationality.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby JANCKER » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:48 pm

ramsej84 wrote:he is either stupid or I don't know what...
by the cristina penaldo stated that he will be working to reach messi with a 4th ballon d'lol... & that his dream is to play alongside both Messi & Neuer :shock:

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2

That is BS for the masses... he can't stand Messi, he calls him motherF***. I don't think he's a fan of Neuer either. He's a narcissist, heard that scream of his, who does that?

He will win a 4th Ballon d'Or next year, trust me, they should have given him 2 this year so they'd spare us from this shit.

Lewa is coward, he was unbiased(I don't think so), St. Robert. O:)
Last edited by JANCKER on Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby MUTU » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:49 pm

fearlesskiki wrote:
RedQueen wrote:

yes, and they didn't deserve theirs too. :cry:

And that's what security should have been there for. Get those booing guys and get them out of there.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby RedQueen » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:54 pm

JANCKER wrote:That is BS for the masses... he can't stand Messi, he calls him motherF***. I don't think he's a fan of Neuer either. He's a narcissist, heard that scream of his, who does that?

He will win a 4th Ballon d'Or next year, trust me, they should have given him 2 this year so they'd spare us from this shit.

Lewa is coward, he was unbiased(I don't think so), St. Robert. O:)

I don't get it, together with the apology it just seems either stupid or cowardly. Either you're doing the "honest and unbiased" thing and then you stand by it later, or you realize you're moving to another club and then maybe you just wait with your vote because you might reconsider and think of the repercussions it might have on your team. Who forced him to vote in August, for a player and coach he knew were the biggest rivals of his new club? It just seems completely daft, something I wouldn't have thought he is at all.
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby JANCKER » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:59 pm

The worst thing is that there are Messi and Ronaldo fanboys amongst us... I mean here in the forum.
Someone thinks voting for Ronaldo is being unbiased, I don't think so.
Voting for Messi this year was the same as voting for Ronaldo last year, at least Messi reached the WC final this year.

They're benefiting from this rivalry, they're playing GOOD COP, BAD COP with us...

I have more reasons to hate Ronaldo, he directly stole our players.
Messi stole Inter and Chel$ea, imagine...
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby MUTU » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:01 pm

RedQueen wrote:I don't get it, together with the apology it just seems either stupid or cowardly. Either you're going "unbiased" and then you stand by it later, or you realize you're moving to another club and then maybe you just wait with your vote because you might reconsider. Who forced him to vote in August, for a player and coach he knew were the biggest rivals of his new club? It just seems completely daft, something I wouldn't have thought he is at all.

What is the problem? In August, when he claims he voted, he was of the opinion that Ronaldo was the most deserving recipient for the Ballon d'Or. Why should he vote otherwise just because he changed team? I don't get this thing about voting your friends; he didn't vote for Goetze or some Dortmund player either. He voted for who he felt was the best. It's how EVERYONE should vote. If they don't, they're voting badly, not Lewandowski.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Football Around the World