You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

FIFA Ballon d'Or 2014 (Neuer vs Ronaldo & Messi)

Discussions about football played outside Europe, or international competitions.

Do you think Neuer stands a chance?

Yes
52%
No
48%

Total votes : 48

Re: FIFA Ballon d'Or 2014 (Neuer vs Ronaldo & Messi)

Postby MUTU » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:41 am

I see a lot of blame on Lewandowski. He was man enough to vote on who he believed to be the best and not just for his teammates. He had the balls to do it despite knowing that the votes would be made public. So yes, a big well done. If I want to blame a single guy, I would blame someone like Buffon who voted Messi ahead of Neuer, probably not because he thought Messi was better but because he didn't want Neuer to outdo him.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:15 am

MUTU wrote:I see a lot of blame on Lewandowski. He was man enough to vote on who he believed to be the best and not just for his teammates. He had the balls to do it despite knowing that the votes would be made public. So yes, a big well done. If I want to blame a single guy, I would blame someone like Buffon who voted Messi ahead of Neuer, probably not because he thought Messi was better but because he didn't want Neuer to outdo him.

I understand that (il) buff(u)on and was expecting it ; because of envy...but from Robert Lewandwski never.
He knows what type of voting it is(shameful system) so he should have at least voted 1. to a team mate...

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby fearlesskiki » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:51 am

MUTU wrote:I see a lot of blame on Lewandowski. He was man enough to vote on who he believed to be the best and not just for his teammates. He had the balls to do it despite knowing that the votes would be made public. So yes, a big well done. If I want to blame a single guy, I would blame someone like Buffon who voted Messi ahead of Neuer, probably not because he thought Messi was better but because he didn't want Neuer to outdo him.
the thing is if his teammates are really a class below ronaldo then i'll forgive him. If not for this stupid voting system, his teammates (especially neuer or lahm) can win a straight up fight with ronaldo. So why not them?

Actually i view them above ronaldo. Lahm's consistency & ability to play in different positions... not many can do it. And Neuer? Already discussed much in this thread. His teammates imo are better than ronaldo. So, yes, that's why i'm dissapointed.

Sigh... moving on
Last edited by fearlesskiki on Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
ein guter anfang braucht begeisterung, ein gutes ende disziplin
fearlesskiki
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malaysia

Postby runaway » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:51 am

We want the voters to vote without bias so our own players should be allowed to do so. Lewandowski thinks Ronaldo is better this 2014. That's the end of it. And we should respect that. Just because the majority is voting their teammates or compatriots, everybody should do it too.

As I said to RedQueen before, Neuer has not freed the Goalkeeper position of the stigma yet. Yes Neuer has gotten a lot of attention but the majority still doesn't appreciate just how special Neuer's contributions to his team.

It's very obvious that the defensive part of football is not properly understood and appreciated today. I mean David Luiz? Why for his Oscar worthy crying at the World Cup? Thiago Silva? What's this 2013? He's nowhere near his best last 2014. Goals wins games but so is stopping one's opponents from scoring.

From the in-depth analysis on Neuer:
When comparing offensive and defensive players by counting successful actions, a bias is created: If Messi and Ronaldo succeed, it records as a goal; if Neuer succeeds, it records as no goal.

Let's just accept that Ronaldo and Messi will always be front runners for any individual award until both retires because goals are important for a lot of people and they can easily outscore anyone in La Liga. If people base everything in stats, of course those two will be above everyone because despite the advancement in football statistics, there's still no proper interpretation in comparing statistics across leagues.
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby RedQueen » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:22 am

Don't get the Lewandowski-apologetics. He didn't just not vote his teammate first, he voted for the favorite from his new team's biggest international rival, and their coach. I'd have liked to see the Madridista reactions if Casillas voted Simeone and Neuer over Ancelotti and Ronaldo. You just don't do that if you have any loyalty left. Especially not when you know very well how this vote is already biased against your teammate, then you don't do your damnest to skew it even more against your team.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby fearlesskiki » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:31 am

runaway wrote:It's very obvious that the defensive part of football is not properly understood and appreciated today. I mean David Luiz? Why for his Oscar worthy crying at the World Cup? Thiago Silva? What's this 2013? He's nowhere near his best last 2014. Goals wins games but so is stopping one's opponents from scoring.

If they are chosen by fans or by some "experts", i've nothing to say, but i'm amused by the fact that they are chosen by their peers, seriously? :shock:
if that lists are listed in public, i'll probably laughed for 3 days :lol:
fearlesskiki
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Malaysia

Postby RedQueen » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:37 am

Why Bayern Munich Goalkeeper Manuel Neuer Will Win FIFA Ballon D'Or Soon | B/R [source]

As for Lewa, I only hope this won't have repercussions on the team chemistry. I'm not so much worried about Neuer, but I can very well imagine two or three other players not being at all happy with it.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Tedesco » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:39 am

Lewandowski the guy that signed with us on a free. The same guy that had more "rewarding" proposals from all over the Europe.

Yeah, let's crucify him because he was honest. :roll:
Tedesco
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby RedQueen » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:42 am

Guess what! There he is, in Kicker!

"It was a mistake of mine to have voted for Ronaldo. I'd clearly vote for Neuer today. But I have voted sometime in August, today I'd vote differently. I'm very sorry for Manu. That he didn't even come in 2nd, astounds me, as does the big gap to Rolando. Manuel is a great goalkeeper and guy."

Löws "Sahnehäubchen", Lewandowski übt Selbstkritik | Kicker [source]

Well, maybe you just should think twice before voting, especially if you're just moving to another club.
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby RedQueen » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:05 am

According to Focus, it was two points that were between Neuer and Messi. No wonder Lewandowski's now all apologies.
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MillaMjau » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:28 am

Two points? So Lewa's vote would've been decisive. :|
Das Runde muss ins Eckige!
MillaMjau
I post all the time

National Flag:
Finland

Postby fearlesskiki » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:32 am

but who cares about being 2nd or 3rd?
fearlesskiki
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Malaysia

Postby quaazi » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:40 am

yeah, i bet neuer is all broken up about them 2 points :roll:
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby MillaMjau » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:46 am

No, it doesn't really matter but it would've just been nice if he were above Messi.
Das Runde muss ins Eckige!
MillaMjau
I post all the time

National Flag:
Finland

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:54 am

he is either stupid or I don't know what...
by the cristina penaldo stated that he will be working to reach messi with a 4th ballon d'lol... & that his dream is to play alongside both Messi & Neuer :shock:

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Football Around the World